What exercise are you doing that burns the most calories?

Options

Replies

• vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like the eliptical on days I need to burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. Yesterday I was on for 40 minutes and according to the machine I burned 653 calories and yes I did enter my weight. Of course I never eat that many calories back because I don't trust it is accurate considering I get a different amount from my heart rate monitor and my fitbit.

Id go of what your heart rate monitor says rather than the machine :-)) thats going to be the most accurate reading
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing. Depending on my intensity, it's between 600-1000 in an hour.

^^this. I can burn 700 doing kickboxing and 600 boxing in an hour....best workout!!
  • YoSoyFiesta21
    Options
    Golf, walking carrying clubs burns 450 calories/ hour, more if its hot outside.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Swimming and elliptical.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The Insanity Program. I burn anywhere from 500-700+ per workout. It's hard but it's worth it!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bodycombat - usually 500+ in an hour.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Running. It's also the only exercise I do right now.
  • lewshetland
    lewshetland Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Swimming burns lots of calories. Best of all you feel nice and fresh when you get out the pool- not all hot and sweaty.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell kicks my *kitten*!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sprints and jump rope
  • logansmom1995
    Options
    ZUMBA!:smile:
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Running
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For me dancing - because I LOVE to do it and don't want to stop. Last night I was going to do 60 min. but did 75 and only stopped because I had to shower off the sweat and cool off before bed.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Running. I can burn around 100-115 for every ten minutes I go (at 6MPH pace)

Some of your friends have a higher body weight than you which in turn = more calories burned per minute of exercise.

400-500 calorie burns aren't too hard, though. Split them up into ten minute workouts during the day if you have to! Good luck :)
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Cycling, with the right intensity I burn 1000cals/hour. Plus I get to see a lot of things missed in a car and not reached while running.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    STAIRMASTER on at least 85+ steps per minute for 30 minutes straight. Not impossilbe but it will kick your butt.
    ditto. For me, hiking or climbing hills for an hour with a lightweight pack.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    60 min on a stair climber I will burn 950 calories. It all depends how high you get your heart rate.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Stairmaster
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Spin for sure. I usually burn between 400-500 calories in an hour. And I believe it doubles as a sweat lodge. Haha.

Also swimming. I am not sure I really buy that it burns as much as MFP says it does, though.
    I generally spin for cardio and swim for strength training.
  • Candy1629
    Candy1629 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I burn about 450-500 doing 45-50 minutes of Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. And I use a HR monitor so it's very accurate. Tough workout but seeing amazing results.