What exercise are you doing that burns the most calories?

Options

Replies

• ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell snatches
  • RmYWarrioR
    RmYWarrioR Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Running depending on the time, speed and distance would easily burn 400-500 calories for me. Any Insanity workout for the phase 1 portion of Insanity will push me to hit that mark as well. Normally I run for over 6 miles at a 5.5 mph or faster speed so, my burn is usually of 800 calories. Running is a best bet to guarantee good calorie burn.
  • chubbyrog
    Options
    Interval training!!!
  • shartso
    Options
    High Intensity Training with weights. 30-40 minutes of good stuff.
  • questiontheanswers
    Options
    Kickboxing and hiking
  • chocolatemama30
    chocolatemama30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Insanity baby!!!!!! Killer workout...leaves u half dead but is amazing!!!
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Rock climbing or running, depending on the intensity of my session.

Generally, I can hit 10-15 calories per minute in cardio, and 6-10 cal/min while climbing, unless I'm bouldering.
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure. My pedometer says I burn around 4 to 500 while when I get on MFP to log on one hour brisk walking I get btw 6 to almost 800. Which of them am I to rely on. Sorry I couldn't help.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity and I'm finding I'm burning about the same amount of calories as I was when I first started JM Ripped in 30. Now Ripped in 30 has me burning a little less than 100 cals/10 minutes, but Insanity I burned about 110 cals/10 minutes...
    (I measure it that way because I usually don't do a full hour of workouts anways...
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    I am loving my cross trainer at my local Y and any group fitness class i can get into. I like to mix it up. I am a bigger person but have been working out every day for years. I struggle to burn calories (i have a FT7). Eighty minutes on the crosstrainer will burn around the 600 mark .... i wish i could burn more though :(.
  • Rogus1
    Rogus1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Based on my heartrate monitor calculations, the exercise that burns the most calories per hour at maximum intensity that I can hold for an hour is rowing, next is cycling and then running. Running is last partly because I don't train enough at it to hold the intensity at the same peak that I can rowing or cycling. Rowing is the best because it's so much more of a ful body workout.
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    Most estimates are crazy high. I guess if you think you are burning the calories and it makes you do more then great!

I ride bikes....a lot.... Just tonight I rode a hair over 30 miles and pushed hard to have an 18mph average. Took 1 hour and 39 minutes and I calculated 1067 calories.
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    My highest right now is Tennis.
  • rooby2sday
    rooby2sday Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Elliptical burns the most for me. But also take note that smaller people will burn less calories than larger people doing the same activities at the same intensity. I have friends that will burn 300 calories or more doing 45 minutes of walking 3.5 mph, but I (at 5'3" and 125 pounds) only burn 162.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I kept trying to become a runner because of all the great posts that people were putting up and the fantastic burns I was seeing. However, after 1 knee surgery, 1 broken foot and 2 tendonitis's (?) my orthopedic surgeon said that running was definately NOT for me. I got a cheap bike from Target around Mother's Day and about a month ago I returned it and went to a bike store and invested a little more money into a road bike. I love it! I average between 800-1200 calories (according to my Polar HRM), depending on distance. The reason I share this long story with you is to make the point that you need to find something that you can do and that you can love to do. I have never liked running, but I kept trying to force myself because people said such great things about it. I love my bike, but cycling isn't for everybody. Finding an exercise that burns a lot of calories won't do much good if you hate doing it.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I burn anywhere from 400-525 doing an hour of Zumba. That probably burns themost for me with the elliptical coming in second but, Zumba is more fun burning the calories and its over before i know it....where as the elip....im clock watching
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Step aerobics is the big one I do currently.
  • destack
    destack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love the arc trainer, it burns the most for me. I just ordered a BodyMedia Fit, though, so hopefully I'll be able to compare the calorie burn to classes soon.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    The treadmill
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    the treadmill on a incline burns cal much faster in a hour
    This is what I do too, I burn on average ~800 in my workout (usually between 40 and 90 mins)