What exercise are you doing that burns the most calories?

Options

Replies

• MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Zumba!!!! And a kick *kitten* kettlebell workout burns about the same for me! :D
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    Running or Hot Hula. I don't know how much I trust my HRM, but it shows I burn about the same doing either one. Of course I have a lot of weight to lose, so I burn more than someone who is smaller but in 30 minutes I burn about 380 in Hot Hula and 400 jogging.
    My bodybugg registers pretty close to that as well.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Running or Insanity Pure Cardio

edit: oh - and kettlebell
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hands down, running.

definately, without a doubt

p.s - i burn alot more running outdoors than on a treadmill
  • shanelles
    Options
    I find using the cross trainer burns the most calories when im using equipment but u burn more calories doing a zumba class and getting ur heart rate up
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA CLASS, WITH A GREAT INSTRUCTOR!!!

The instructor makes all the difference. It's between Zumba and Spin class for me.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Running, then for me martial arts.
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm always seeing people that I am friends with burning 400-500 calories doing some type of exercise. How are you achieving such high calorie burns? What is your favorite calorie burning workout?

Cross Trainer (I think that is the same as an Eliptical in America) burns quite a bit as does running and cycling - remember that the heavier you are the more calories you burn so someone who is say 250lb's and does 30 minutes of biking will burn far more than someone who is 150lb's doing 30 minutes of biking...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm always seeing people that I am friends with burning 400-500 calories doing some type of exercise. How are you achieving such high calorie burns? What is your favorite calorie burning workout?

400 - 500 isn't high at all - medium intensity I would say.

I can do c.900/hour on an elliptical and c.800/hour cycling. They are very high intensity (for me) and couldn't maintain that for longer than an hour.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    1 mile warm up run, 60 minutes of strength training, followed by 15 minutes of intervals or 30 minutes on the elliptical. I use a Bodymedia and I burn 500-600 cals on strength training days. 350-450 on days I do 30-45 minutes of intervals.
  • HeidibooJB
    HeidibooJB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt, ZUMBA, baby!! I'm an Instructor, so I go all out, each and every time. I can literally wring my hair out after class. I burn 600+ cals/hr. It's got the added benefit of being so darn fun!!! It's helped me lose 50lbs(38 of those without diet change). On Zumba off days, I find the elliptical is the biggest calorie burner for me.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    Stationary Bike
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    kicking/turbo jam 700--1100 depending on intensity
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Running burns the most for me.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    its a toss up between Spinning and my Step Aerobics class.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    Turbo Fire!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing on a bag for an hour. 1000+ when I do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    the treadmill on a incline burns cal much faster in a hour

Agreed. Have incorporated this into my week. But running for sure, because I love it! And elliptical just to mix it up
  • kailasho1
    kailasho1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use a stationary bike. A hour on a stationary bike vigorous effort burns almost 1,000 calories. You need to keep your speed at 15-17 miles per hour but it burns ALOT of calories. I've lost 23 lbs in 2 months and i still eat junk every once in awhile. :)
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting. An hour of weights increased my TDEE by 500 calories on average. So that's 500 calories burned per day for 1 hour of weight lifting 3 times per week.