Add eachother for support?

Options

Replies

• 118R3volution
    Options
    We're all here to help one another out, and it helps reading everyone's food diaries for new meal ideas. Anyone can add me as a friend with a brief message =)
  • anne018
    anne018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!!! My name is Anne and I recently got type 1 diabetes. I was in the hopsital for a good part of a week because i was very close to dying :( i lost alot of muscle mass and water weight and now i gained it all back. I want to get down to 150-145 so that means i would need to lose at least 28 lbs. I know i can do it (it might take me some time) but i would like as many friends as i can get since they encourage me!

Anyone is welcome to add me!!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Love friends on MFP!

I am 65 with 25 pounds total to lose. I have pretty good eating habits, but can always improve. I like the support people give on MFP.
  • jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea. Im Jeannette, 30 yrs old, I want to lose 75 more pounds (lost 25 already). I also want to get in better shape and lower the risk of hypertension (runs in the family and i want to avoid it as long as possible.)

I like to see what other people are eating to get ideas. I also like the motivation of seeing other people succeed at their weight loss and fitness.

Please feel free to add me.
  • dijonwillis
    Options
    I'm Dijon, I have lost 40 lbs so and am aiming for 20 more, and ultimately 20 more after that. Which will but me at 160, a place i'm pretty sure I have never been. I just joined the National Guard and really wanted to prepared for that come Jan. 14 when I g to Basic training. I need supportive people who I can call friends because unfortunately I don't have much from my spouse. She keeps bringing junk into the house and my self control and free will are hard to restrain. Hope to talk to you all soon!
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love this!

I'm Colette from London UK, have about 50lbs to lose. Have lost 25 already although my ticker says different, I have been breaking down my weightless into small manageable goals and then starting from zero once they have been reached.

Anyone who is motivational is free to add me :)
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    No time to introduce myself now, but I will later today.
  • karynmillar
    Options
    I am Karyn, 31 year old mom of 2 amazing little one's! Our son is 4, daughter is 20 months! In 2011 our son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and we put not only all our money but also energy into getting him fast therpy. By the time I came up for air I was the heaviest I have ever been. I recently lost 20 pounds and 11 inches and got back into my skinny jeans. It is more about how I feel and I am currently working on working out motivation ;) NIce to meet you all, feel free to add me
  • sausagepaula
    Options
    Hi , i'm a registered nurse here in the uk who is soon going to be reaching the big 40! I always start off with the best intentions then lose motivation so will be happy with any support. Please any body feel free to add me as a friend. i wolud like to lose 28 pounds by 16th December when i aim to be completing a 6 mile run around Central Park as a birthday present to myself. ( Oh God I've said it publicly now-means i must stick to it!)
    Paula X
  • para999sal
    Options
    Your doing well.
    I have treid diet after diet, this is working for me, I think a lot of it is all the support we give each other.:smile:
  • newmommyo2
    newmommyo2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it is a very good idea.

I'm Jan. I am 30 years old. Wife of one; mommy of two - a 22 month-old boy and a four-week-old girl! Want to lose about 46 lbs because I want to be healthy, have energy, and feel good. I am seeking a balanced life.

I need strong female influence. Other mom's like me who know what it is like to have to fight to keep feeling beautiful and attractive!

Add me! :)
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think this is a good idea.

I'm Danny - From VA and I joined almost 3 months ago. I have lost 34 pounds already and am almost to my goal to get down to 195. I'm not sure if I want to keep going after my first goal, but I have thought about going down to 185... I'm 6 foot tall but don't want to be too thin

This is definitely a lifestyle change, so please feel free to add me - I am on the phone app every day and try to log in to the website as often as I can...
  • MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Hi, my name is Marcie. I'm 38 years young. Married 17 yrs, we have 2 wonderful kids (16 yr old & 10 yr old). I officially started using MFP earlier this month. I've lost 5 lbs so far, got 75 more to go! To help my weight loss, I'm currently doing JM's 30 Day Shred - just finished up day 3 on level 1 and I have a recumbent bike for extra cardio. Would love to connect with others!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    This is a thread started by someone with a Dalek as an avatar. How could I NOT respond. :)

I'm 38 and have been trying to either lose or seriously tone the 20+ lbs I managed to pack on between getting married and having the Mirena. Well, Mirena's out, amazing husband is finally onboard with getting back into shape, I have the C25K app on my phone, and an exercise bike in my home. I'm ready to get back into shape.

I'm always on the lookout for motivational and optimistic people in my corner!

Let's do this!

Allons-y!
  • CorinneSharpe
    Options
    Hello! I'm Corinne, and I'm 29. I've lost 158 so far, with about 32 more to go! Add me, please!!
  • jaelduff34
    Options
    I'm Jae,I have already lost quite a bit already,looking to lose a little more..I also have a lot of toning to do...I need more friends anyone feel free to add me.
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Im Duncan, professional beach bum (diving instructor) for 25 years, now doing something "sensible" (university degree) to get a "proper job" as my grannie used to say. Thank goodness there is only 9 months to go.

I teach movie making during the summer in a private school just outside London, and when Im not freezing my small furries off in the north of England, I live in the Sinai desert in Egypt, teaching English and scuba diving.

During the summer I gained weight, so this winter will not be one of discontent! I'm getting rid of it!
    Begone!

Add me if you you fancy a chat.
    D.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me. :bigsmile:

My name is Suzanne, 27, looking to lose my last 50lbs or so..I have been on this journey for over 2 years now, (Started April 2010, Joined here in Sept '10) and my weight is still going up and down...my biggest gain was over majority of the Summer, and now trying to get back on track again, so yes, looking for support through the good and the bad. :smile:

FYI- I struggle with emotional and binge eating due to stress, boredom etc..so I'm working on downsizing that habit too.
  • charver35
    charver35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for support - with over 100 to lose... It seems duanting ... looking for all the support i can get - I am 40yo with a teenage boy... having trouble keeping up.

Please add me ....
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi all :)
    My name is Kristen.
    I'm 26 years old.
    I'm 5'0"
    My highest weight was 206.
    Current weight is 187.
    My ultimate goal weight is 120.
    I was heavy up until my teen years where my lowest weight was 112. After my 3rd pregnancy I went into a depression and started drinking, not watching what I was eating, and just didnt care.
    My main reason for getting healthy is so that I can be here for my kids. I want to be able to keep up with them and also have more confidence in myself.
    I will be re-starting TurboFire and I also have Slim in 6 :)
    Good luck!