Add eachother for support?

Options

Replies

• BrettS1973
    BrettS1973 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Brett, looking for more supportive friends.

Age - 38

I have over 100 lbs to lose. (I think anyways, I'm an aussie so kilograms mean more to me)

Complete my diary religiously.

Happy for anyone to add me.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    oh this is a good idea... looking for active/supportive ppl ~.^" :). add me
  • AuntShanna
    AuntShanna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI everyone,

I'm new here too. Looking to lose 50-60 lbs on a 5'1 frame... need supportive and realistic people to encorage safe weightloss goals.
    This will be the hardest journey of my life... but I plan to conquer this time. :)
  • AAVaughan
    Options
    I need all the support and help that I can get! I'm Alecia 29 and I want to lose 50lbs.
    I am married with a 6mths old baby.
  • Tesh25
    Tesh25 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am always in need of encouragement and love to give encouragement whenever I can. I am 39 years old and I am only 5'1" and I have about 70lbs to go until my goal weight. I have been on MFP for 3 months now and love it. Feel free to add me :)
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hey everyone.. I have 16 more pounds to go for my goal weight BUT will not stop logging into MFP once I reach that goal. This has become a lifestyle for me. I look forward to logging in everyday on here. (the past couple days I have not loggged has been very busy with my son graduating college but I am starting back full force today) I am the type of friend who likes to encourage each of my MFP friends individually and keep them motivated throughout this process.
    I really need friends who can do the same for me so if you are someone who wants to be encouraged and motivated then add me... Please add me if you can be that person who can motivate me to lose this stubborn last 16pounds :smile:
  • jlmrtl8302
    Options
    Jason or Jay,

My goal is to drop 30lb in 4 months (knocked out 11lb in a month so far). I got rid of the Mt Dew and pizza's, picked up some water and fruit/veggies and hit the work outs. Looking into joining the military as an officer or land a job in the United States Marshals to support my family. Either way, they both require me to be physically fit. I'm married to a beautiful wife and I have a daughter that's just as beautiful. My motivation for reaching my goal is my wife and daughter. I need to be able to support them and like I said being physically fit is a requirement for both of my choices. I think that's just about all I can think of for an introduction. If you want to add me, please fill free to do so. I'll do my best to spread encouragement as best I can.
  • mr_tyrone35
    mr_tyrone35 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Tyrone and need to lose alot of pounds. LOL! Feel free to add me for support and to give me support. Thanks.
  • Marena84
    Options
    Hey everyone ^_^

I'm Mariël and am 28.
    I registered here 3 days ago and am looking to lose 40 kg. (88 lb)

Feel free to add me! I hope adding friends will motivate me even more! :D
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm Laurie & I'm 45. I have a lot of weight to lose & also want to support my MFP friends on their journey to a healthier life.
    If there are any WOMEN interested, I am the administrator of a group on here call the T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Group. We have over 500 women ready to support you.
  • lumbee25
    Options
    Hey! My name is Alaine I just added this site! I'm in the army have been in for about 2.5 years now. When I got out of basic I was down to 141 and I would like to get back down to that if not down to 135. I just need some motivation! You would think me being in the military I would be in good shape.. well I can run all day but I'm stilly chunky because I eat terribly.... Please add me! I need all the help I can get! :heart:
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i'm Kristina 23. I have been a member on the site for just over a year but did not really use it...I am now logging in everyday and making the most out of life. I leave positive comments and would love some new friends...I am looking to lose about 60 lbs and I have lost 10 already...Feel free anyone to add me looking forward to hearing from you (:
  • serenitynowww
    Options
    Hello my fellow MFP'ers.

Looking to find some like minded pals on here to help motivate me into losing the junk in my rather large trunk. I'm 26 and looking to lose about 50 pounds or so.

How do I intend to lose my weight?:
    * By following a high protein, low GI and relatively low carb diet with some multi vitamins, fish oil tablets
    * Exercising 5-6 days a week - this will include moderate to intense cardio every day, and three full body weight sessions a week
    * Getting more sleep and drinking more water

Anywhoo, feel free to add me if you think we're on the same page (or even if we aren't and you'd like a new,active member of the site as a pal)
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

I'm Debbie. I'm 26, 5'5" and 156lbs. I was never an active kid and now it's beginning to really show.. cellulites, love handles, flabby arms, the works.

Just started Power 90 today, and am hoping to change my eating habits. Coming from Malaysia where restaurants are open nearly all day long and expensive health foods, I think I could use some good motivation and support to keep me in check.

Plus, it's always good to have great friends who motivate you, rather than some of the skeptical ones i have back home (can't blame them though, I keep telling them I'm on a diet, then I'm out of it in a matter of days)

CW: 156lbs
    GW: 120lbs
  • Kelsey14324
    Kelsey14324 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Kelsey, I'm 17 and 1/2, 5'4'' and about 230lbs :(

I'm well on my way to getting to my first micro goal which is 5lbs lost and my first mini goal is 20 lbs.
    I plan on losing my weight by: Not drinking soda, exercising more, eating less, and making healthier choices.

I'm looking for friends that will help motivate me as well as give me a boost of confidence or happiness when I'm feeling down, I'm totally willing to do the same for anyone that wants it. Feel free to add me :)
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I need, support!! I'm Sarah and have 67 lbs to get off for good. I need friends who will push me to make good desicions, and don't mind if I do the same in return. I love the friends I already have but it can be pretty quiet at times.
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Tammy. I am looking for more support to help me accomplish my goal of losing 50 + pounds. Feel free to add me if you like. We can help each other to reach our goals.
  • MElise9023
    Options
    I would LOVE for some added support! It's so hard to be around a bunch of people that are just eating whatever the heck they want and don't have to work out and you are constantly having to resist the urge to eat junk food. Feel free to add me :)

Anyway, I'm Michelle. I'm 22 and have lost around 8 pounds so far (my ticker on my page is wrong because I had gained a few pounds in the first couple of months I made this thing and didn't actually diet hah) But I'm looking to lose between 50 and 60 pounds and need all the support I can get. So far I'm going strong, but I need this to be a lifestyle change so the weight stays off. And in the past, when I've crashed I've crashed hard. That won't happen this time. I'm determined. And I'm always here to give encouraging words to anyone who needs it too
  • djsaluki
    Options
    My first time joining a site for fitness. Im looking for inspirational people, stories, and encouragement.

I'm 31 and looking to lose about 80lbs. I have weighed about 300-320 most of my life since high school. I dropped to 240 in between junior/senior year of high school. Quickly gained it all back and some, when I started college. Once I graduated and started my career, I dropped to 220-230, and maintained that weight for about 5 years. Different things caused stress in my life, I lost focus, and went back up to 275. I've tried several times to get back down, but wasnt seeing the results and thus lost motivation.

This time though, I am extremely focused, motivated, driven, to get to my ultimate goal of 200 lbs. I know what bad decisions/habits caused me to jump up, so I'm determined to learn from those mistakes and achieve my goal.

I play basketball 3 times per week, usually 2hrs each time, sometimes a little longer. I lift weights once or twice per week. I started Insanity yesterday. It's game time!

If you want a friend to challenge you, encourage you, recognize your wins, feel free to add me as a friend. I personally feel WAY more motivated when a girl encourages me, lol.
  • kazzarakins
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Kerry, 5ft 9 and have 22lbs to lose... Currently backpacking in Australia so can't always cook what I'd like to! Always very annoyed that hostels don't have ovens in their kitchens so fried food is sometimes the only option - very very bad!! Looking for friends and people to motivate me! (as I can do in return) Started logging my food 10 days ago and it was going great but today has been difficult! Hoping to have friends soon :) We're all in the same boat and it would be fantastic to support each other on here :happy: xx