Any More Chubby Twenties?

Options

Replies

• gurlondrums
    Options
    Hey, I'd like to get in on that challenge if it's not too late. I'm 23, 5'4, and 233lbs. When I had my son (he's 2), I gained very little baby weight, no one knew I was prego til I was about 7 months and after my c-section, I lost almost all of my pregnancy weight. 15 months after Jacob was born, I had a little girl, which me and my fiance gave up for adoption due to financial difficulties. During that pregnancy, I gained alot of weight. And I'm about 15 lbs heavier than what I was at when I had my second c-section. I also started a job in a medical office, where I sit on my butt on the phone all the time. So my activity has gone way down. My ultimate goal is to reach at least 160lbs. But I haven't decided on a specific time frame. I just want to lose weight safely and healthily. And also in the past few weeks, I've gotten way into the organic foods. So I'm trying to find organic & healthy meal plans and working in exercise into my type of schedule and situation. I currently can't go to the gym because a.) the head gasket is blown on my Blazer and I strictly only go to work and the grocery store right now, b.) my friend that I was going to team up with and go to her gym with, she just got into an accident in the snow yesterday so her vehicle is out of commission, and c.) I can't afford a gym membership on my budget anyway. But I have a thing I bought at ****'s Sporting Goods that turns your mountain bike into a stationary bike and I'm going to start using that, and I have dumbbells I picked out of the dusty closet. And I've also started do brisk walking on my breaks at work. I'm starting off slow, but I'll get there.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,my computer is having virus issues so I have't been on here as often as I would nomally like, grrr! I think I've got half of it gone though, its a bad one, hopefully it doesn't end up killing my computer!
    Thanks jrbowers, I'm really looking forward to starting things fresh! I was just trying to eat similar to before but a bit healthier but it's not working well enough for me, this is the diet I am supposed to be on for life for my PCOS anyway, so I figure theres no better time to get started a now! I'm not really worried about the intense stuff, before my Dr nixed out the high impact stuff I was doing a lot of hard exercise. I'm going to worry most about my form in the beginning to be sure I do it right and don't hurt myself, and go faster when I get use to it. I went to a class to ty it out and loved it, I'm sure I won't have a problem sticking to it.
    And Kayt I am really excited to start! And I do normally have neck problems, I get a lot of tension headaches too which is why I go to a massage therapist...but this is different from what I normally have. It's been over a week and a half now, I've tried stretching, massaging it myself, ibuprofin..nothing's working. I don't know what's going on...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because my next massage isn't 'till the 16th, ouch! I'm going to kickboxing anyway, hopefully it helps and doesn't make it worse! Thanks for caring :bigsmile: I feel your pain too!
    Ok I'm off to veg for a little bit, I feel like I haven't sat down for days!
    Have a good weekend everyone! :bigsmile:
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    gurlondrums-- welcome! I hope the support oyu will find here is helpful to you in reaching your goals. The bike trainer you ahve should serve you well, they are very useful! Remebmer that you'll want to occasionally increase the difficulty level while using it. Gear up, stand on your pedals, or if there's a magnetic resistnace on the trainer, kick that up a notch. Good luck!

Jenn - I would say try icing it, perhaps? That's what I've been doing with...pretty much everything lately and it's been helping a lot. I know cold is not exactly anyone's top choice in the middle of winter, but if there's any sort of inflammation going on, ice is going to knock it right out and it has the added bonus of being a great analgesic. Other than that, without a real assessment, it is hard to be super helpful. Maybe try stretching very slowly and deliberately, holding for a little longer but not going quite as deep into the stretch as you normally would. Also, if there's only one side that's hurting, try stretching the opposite side (ie. the one that isn't as bothersome) as sometimes I've found that lack of pain = lack of movement/supertight muscles. If it's different from your usual tension, pay attention to whether it feels like it's just different muscle pain, or if there's something going on at the joint (if things are cracking or feel really "stuck" or "blocked" during range of motion, that can indicate potential joint involvment...) and be sure to tell your therapist so they can have a look the next time you're in. Whew! That was a mouthful! I really hope you find some relief, definitely let me know how it goes.

Today was tough for me, just...emotionally. Nothing in particular happened, I just felt kind of blue. Kept finding myself thinking "god, it's going to take FOREVER to get where I want to be" and "WHY can't I just lose 50lbs in a night? I want to be fit and thin and WOWZA when I go home in four months, not barely halfway to my goal!"

It's hard to think about going home, too. I get discouraged thinking about how much harder it will be to maintain my new lifestyle when I'm back around my friends where drinking is a sport and my main social interactions are eating out and having cocktails. It makes me worry that, if I don't want to go get tanked, I won't have anything in common with some of my friends. I find myself tempted to write emails like "if I stop drinking, will we still be friends?" even though I think in reality that's kind of silly.

I'm probably just feeling discouraged because I'm tired. I have had *ahem* very noisy neighbors that last week or so, and it has made it difficult to sleep. Add onto that five conescutive days of yoga (really happy about that! silver lining!) and a pretty heavy work week, where I'm usually up fairly late getting laundry done for the next day, it's no surprise that I'm a tired kid. I even tried to take a nap this afternoon that was interrupted within 5 minutes of me lying down becuase I had some last minute appointments. Grrrr.

My mom and I have been emailed each other every day though, I make sure we each come up with little things we've done each day to get us toward our goals and that we can be proud of. It's helpful for me and I hope so for her too.

Anyway, ranting and raving concluded for the day. I'm exhausted, and hoping my laundry's finished so I can hit the sack.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Good monday everyone!!!

kaytbognar- I can tell you're disheartened, I just see such wonderful things that you're doing, and can't figure out why you're taking such precious time for beating youself up!! I rarely drink anymore and I must say that most of my friends are drinkers and I felt the sme way, but I realized 2 things. 1) I will order 1 drink at the beginning of the night and if they are drinking more, they don't even notice that I am not keeping up, and 2) I know they always appreciate the fact that I am willing to make sure they get home safe so they can cut loose. That was the big one for me. No taxi, no worries about strangers offering a ride:noway: Don't worry so much. These are your friends!!!!! If they're not happy and supportive of you and your happier, slimmer new life, they probably aren't as good of friends as you thought. There is a downside though. I can't say it all went well. There were a couple of people that were not helpful and were catty. It was hard to face that I had drifted so far apart from what I thought was a friend. It also put in mind how hard I had worked every day for that distance. I know now they were jealous and spiteful, but it hurts sometimes. I hope everything goes well for you. And remember, we'll always be here for you, no matter what!!

I did my weigh in yesterday, and I'm trying not to beat myself up. I am still 162, but I figure that with as much time as I've spent on the elliptical, I am building muscle. My pants aren't tighter and I am not seeing any (new) bulging, so I am going to keep up my heard wor and trust that I will see the payoff soon!!

I'll see everyone after my workout! Have a great day and I hope everyone is staying positive. We've worked too hard to not be proud of ourselves!!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope everyone's had a happy New Year! It's official- the holidays are over!!!! So, no more excuses for eating junk food, lol. Did anyone make any New Year's Resolutions? I did! I resolved to spend more time exercising every week. I didn't want to make 'weight loss' a resolution since I've already been working towards that (actively) for about six weeks now. But I've always been a bit flaky with my workouts, so I thought I should make that my resolution.

My weekend was good... except for the fact that my computer seems to have just died on me. Not really sure what happened. It just won't turn off- no power, nothing. Fortunately I have a laptop, so I've still been logging foods. But it's a bit of a PITA to use, so I haven't been typing much. Much easier to log in during the day when I'm not at home! Definitely wanted to check in with everyone.

Looks like I've lost 1.4 pounds since my last weigh-in. YAY! And also, huh? Lol. My measurements have gone WAY up though! Like, I've shrunk in the torso- but my thighs, calfs and arms all gained- close to an inch each! The only explanation I can think of is that I had a really heavy workout yesterday, and they might just be 'swollen' from overuse. Or something. I remember when I went to Curves, they usually liked to weigh and measure before a workout because muscles that had been used tend to be heavier/bigger and it will throw your measurements off. So I'm thinking that may have something to do with it- though, to be honest, I'm just kind of pulling that out of the air. I'm pretty confident it's not fat, though! Lol.

kerimcdonald - Thank you so much, that would be awesome! It's amazing how much I've become aware of the effect sodium has on my body. Honestly, I'd never thought about that before. I had some Chinese food for dinner Xmas Eve and swelled up like a balloon! Ate really well and exercised on my birthday, drank tons of water... scale went down. Funny how fast that works! Needless to say, I'm working much harder to cut back on my sodium intake because of that! Also, congrats on maintaining your weight! I know how disappointing it can be not to see a drop, but this is the way I look at it: The average person gains SIX POUNDS during the holidays. So if you can make it this far without a gain- even if you just maintain- that's a pretty big deal. Considering how much elliptical time you're putting in, I can definitely believe you're not only building muscle, but also doing your body a lot of good. I think it's good sometimes to put it in perspective that way- weight is a number. But think of how much good we're doing for our bodies by eating better and exercising! That's something to be proud of in itself.

gurlondrums - Welcome! I hope you'll find out group useful in providing the support you need! Definitely not too late. We're not so much a 'challenge', I don't think, as just a group of individuals with similar goals. In the beginning I talked about 30, 60 and 90 day goals. Not so much as a challenge- but more just to give ourselves a target to aim for. We've tried working on challenges, but they always seem to fall by the wayside in favor of chatting, lol. I've got to say though, it feels good to have people to be accountable to!!! I'm in a similar boat myself- I can't afford a gym membership! Two small kids makes it nearly impossible. So I work out at home. I use a combination of Wii (with the balance board), resistance bands, free weights, DVDs, weight machine, stepper, ab wheel and fitness ball to get in my exercise.

jb_sweet_99 - Sorry to hear about your computer! I can certainly relate. :grumble: I like the idea of starting things 'fresh'. I'm using this New Year's as a big old 'reset' button. I've been here at MFP for about six weeks now and while I've done pretty well, I know there are things I could be doing better. Working out more, making healthier choices (not JUST calorie counting) and cutting back on sodium. So I've decided to embrace the 'New Years Resolution' mentality by building on what I'm already doing- just doing it better! :smokin: I'm sorry to hear about your neck pain! I get occassional back/neck pain. When my back or neck is acting up, I usually spend a few days doing Yoga or Pilates instead of regular working out. It's pretty gentle (but still a good workout!), and helps me heal up. Also, I agree- icing it might be good. Alternate ice and heat, even better.

kaytbognar - I can understand where you're coming from. Sometimes getting to our goals just seems so HARD. I think of how much work I've put in already and how far I still have to go.... and I get really bummed out! I just have to take it a day at a time. If I think too far ahead, I get discouraged and want to eat onion rings and drink beer. :drinker:

I also understand your worry about drinking. To be honest- yes, it probably could affect (some of) your friendships. That is, when I was in my early twenties, I drank and partied. A LOT. I was uber-thin (the picture in my ticker was taken back then- that's me at my goal weight!) but that's only because I barely ate. It was party-party-party, drink-drink-drink. And what I DID eat was largely crap. I only burned it off because I danced- a lot! But I was little miss popular, and all the boys wanted some of what I had! Okay, that sounds bad, but it's not too much of an exaggeration. I had a lot of male friends that I thought were real friends. And a lot of female friends, too. But then I got pregnant, stopped drinking. Lots all but two or three of my guy friends because, let's face it- I was going to be a mom, and I wasn't single. They'd lost any chance they (thought they) had of hooking up with me, so therefore, they couldn't be bothered to be my friend. A lot of my female friends, it turned out, were hanging around me because of my guy friends. I seemed to be the unwitting matchmaker. Suddenly, I wasn't the person to go to if you wanted to meet some guys. So I lost all but one or two of my female friends. I will tell you this: making a lifestyle change like this WILL show you who your real friends are. I don't mean to be blunt, but I think it's something you have to be somewhat prepared for because a lot of people who make real lifestyle changes are surprised and hurt when this happens. And it CAN be hard to deal with. In the end, I think it's about making the decision to either do what you want to do but take the risk you may not have as much in common with some of your friends any more... or take the safe road, and avoid all that. I know that, at the end of the day, those friends that really matter WILL still be there for you. Anyone who wouldn't... they're just ice cubes anyways. You know- waterheads, pretending to be solid.

But then- and I wanted to mention this- what happened to me was not just because I stopped drinking. It's also because I stopped going to the bar and everything. I knew I needed to grow up and be a mom- so I did seperate myself from people. There was a time, though, before I became a bit of a bar star, where I NEVER drank. I went out to the bar and drank water all night long. Shot pool, danced, flirted- the whole nine yards. And I really rarely ever took flak for it. I don't think people really noticed- they were to drunk to! I guess the point I'm making, after the fact, is that lifestyle changes CAN affect your friendships. However I also agree with Keri- you can still go out and NOT drink and have fun.

I do hope that you're feeling better today! Know that we're all here for you if you need to vent.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Howdy everyone!! Last post of the day for me . We went out to dinner tonight and even though the only fish they had was fried, I ate around that and tried to be good. I hope everyone is having a great beginning to their week!
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have been doing heat, so now I will try ice and heat and see how it goes...I remember hearing that somewhere that it gets the circulation going or something, just didn't know if it was true! I may try to up my massage date...the kickboxing actually helped stretch it out a bit I think, it's not as bad as it was...but the rest of me...OWIE! lol...I took my first actual class at Kickboxing yesterday and of course the instructor for that class was the owner, who pushes everyone really really hard...It was great, but I'm really stiff and pretty sore today...we'll see if I make it tonight, or if I have to wait till tomorrow to go back.
    And Thanks Carrie, I think I managed to get rid of the virus, fingers crossed! I had to do a bunch of different programs to get it all, but it's not showing on any scans now so I think I'm good! As for yours, Have you tried holding the button down and making it shut off? Try that then give it a break and try to start it and see how it goes...might be your power supply having issues, hope not though! Good luck! And I agree, no more excuses to eat junk! I started the G.I Diet yesterday, I'm not supposed to log my calories with it, but I want to make sure I'm eating enough. I was under my calories by like 1000 yesterday and I even had spaghetti! It's hard to get em all in when i'm only eating low G.I. foods cause the ones they choose for this diet are all low cal too, lol..oh well the experts say it isn't important for this diet and that it should be enough, so here's hoping! Sodium is a good idea to watch, I've been keeping an eye on it for a few months now, It's just amazing how much is in some things and you don't even realise! Chinese is brutle for that.
    Hang in there Kayt, you can do it. Try being selfish for a while, that's what I had to do. My friends all thought that I should be dong what they are doing, and jumping when they say jump, and I decided that I will do my own thing for me. They respected that, it took some quite a while to realise that they could no longer rely on me to do everything for them and/or give them rides everywhere etc..but they survived. I usually don't drink either, and I used to often. I just gradually stopped, or said I would be DD, no one really cared. You can still go out and dance and have fun, there's just no need to drink. If they try to pressure you then they aren't really your friends right :wink:
    Anyway folks, have a good day!
    Jenn :bigsmile:
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am in full crisis mode and after spending several days in a depressed state shutting everyone out, I've decided I should reach out and find some support. I don't usually publicly discuss my private stuff, but like I said need some support and don't have many friends...my family isn't good with this sort of thing. Ok, so I had some thoughts niggling at my subconscious that something might be going on with my husband, and I was really irritable with him and couldn't figure out why. Could be why I mentioned something in an earlier post about issues with his fidelity (off and on for 3 years now, just reconciled 3 mos ago after being separated for 3 mos). The holidays of course have been very stressful and we had very little time just to ourselves with my sis staying at the house. So initially contributed my feelings to this. But then he stayed gone all night one night, and another night went to a friend's house at 9pm didn't come home til 4:30 am and was very drunk. I had vowed that last time would be the last time, that I couldn't tolerate this kind of behavior anymore. So I've asked him to move out. And yet I'm the one depressed, taking anti-depressants that make me want to do nothing but sleep. Can't hardly eat at all, yesterday had nothing but fruit smoothies. He is begging me to not go through with *gulp* (it's so hard to say the word) divorce, but I feel he's left me no choice. And on top of everything, I've got to pull myself together for my kiddos. Everything is so hard right now. I called my therapist last night, and he told me I need to get out of the house everyday, that I need to talk to someone. And then he called my husband to put me on a suicide watch? Does that make sense to anyone? I mean hubby's the reason I'm in this state, but he's gonna take care of me and pull me through? Doubtful. Therapist warned that if I stay depressed like this I'll have to go to a mental hospital. Then what of my kids?
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am in full crisis mode and after spending several days in a depressed state shutting everyone out, I've decided I should reach out and find some support. I don't usually publicly discuss my private stuff, but like I said need some support and don't have many friends...my family isn't good with this sort of thing. Ok, so I had some thoughts niggling at my subconscious that something might be going on with my husband, and I was really irritable with him and couldn't figure out why. Could be why I mentioned something in an earlier post about issues with his fidelity (off and on for 3 years now, just reconciled 3 mos ago after being separated for 3 mos). The holidays of course have been very stressful and we had very little time just to ourselves with my sis staying at the house. So initially contributed my feelings to this. But then he stayed gone all night one night, and another night went to a friend's house at 9pm didn't come home til 4:30 am and was very drunk. I had vowed that last time would be the last time, that I couldn't tolerate this kind of behavior anymore. So I've asked him to move out. And yet I'm the one depressed, taking anti-depressants that make me want to do nothing but sleep. Can't hardly eat at all, yesterday had nothing but fruit smoothies. He is begging me to not go through with *gulp* (it's so hard to say the word) divorce, but I feel he's left me no choice. And on top of everything, I've got to pull myself together for my kiddos. Everything is so hard right now. I called my therapist last night, and he told me I need to get out of the house everyday, that I need to talk to someone. And then he called my husband to put me on a suicide watch? Does that make sense to anyone? I mean hubby's the reason I'm in this state, but he's gonna take care of me and pull me through? Doubtful. Therapist warned that if I stay depressed like this I'll have to go to a mental hospital. Then what of my kids?

*hugs*

Aw hun, SO SORRY to hear you're going through this.

I mentioned before, I went through similar behavior on my husband's part a few years ago, and every minute of it was gut-wrenching and difficult. Getting drunk, staying out until all hours of the morning. I completely understand where you're coming from and I do believe that you're doing the right thing. You've clearly attempted to fix things in the past, and if he's still not willing to change his behavior than you need to do what's best for you and your kids. In my case, I flat-out told my husband I couldn't deal with what he was doing to me anymore. The stress, anxiety- it was tearing me apart. And as much as I loved him I couldn't be with someone who would treat me like that. Fortunately for me he realized pretty quickly what his priorities were and straightened up. He knew it was that lifestyle or us, and he chose us.

When children are involved, you have to be willing to make a stand. As hard as it may be, I believe you're doing the right thing by asking him to move out. I understand you're going through a tough time right now and that you're feeling depressed- that is natural. But you have to be strong for your children- they've got to be your number one priority, and you need to set an example for them. It sounds like your husband is concerned about you- but I'm worried that part of his 'concern' may be his way of keeping control over you. Carting you off to a mental hospital?

What you're going through right now is a normal grieving process. It's going to be hard to work through- but it's natural. I like to look at situations like this and think of the long-term/short-term happiness/hurt ratio. From the sounds of it, your husband is not going to change his behavior. If you stay with him, this behavior cycle will continue and you'll constantly be hurting, all the time. This pain is what leads us to depression (and, since we're in a weight loss forum I'll say it- comfort eating), and overall low self esteem. By asking him to move out, you're going to have a LOT of hurt right now- but you're opening yourself up to happiness in the future. So basially you have two options right now- either way, you're going to be hurting right now. But by moving on with your life, you're at least going to be able to find peace in the future. Does that make sense?

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. And if you and your husband are able to make things work, and you stay with him, there will be no judgement from me. I know reconciliation is possible. But the fact that he's done this before, and you've seperated before, tells me that he's not going to change easily. He needs to really want to change- and he needs to get help for himself. It's not fair what he's doing to you, and you deserve to be treated with respect. From what I can tell from your photos, you're a lovely, vibrant young woman with so much life still ahead of her. Do you want those future years filled with heartache? You're still young, and it's not too late to make a fresh start.

Whatever you choose to do, you have our support. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.

Regards,
    Carrie.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies, well i survived New Years...barely. New Years Eve was great.... New Years Day was anything but.... i had a little (actually way too much) to drink, then i paid for it the next day. Amazingly, w/ all the snacks i put out that night i didn't eat any of them. Then the next day since i was so 'sick' i pretty much just ate crackers and things that would settle my tummy. I had lots of fun though!
    The rest of the weekend went pretty good, except for Sunday, went to the Seahawks game with my best friend so had some bad stuff, but i didn't eat much after the game, so i almost evened out. I ahve been doing my workouts, I just have to step everything up to make my goal for february to fit into my too tight jeans! I have one omonth and one day!
  • alywagner
    Options
    Hi understand what everyone is saying. I am now 26, but when I was 25 at the end of 2008 I was soooo frustrated with my body, my life, how clothes fit, how I didn't feel like I looked professional. Since December of 2008 I really kicked it into gear. It has been a bit over a year now and I have lost around 90 pounds. I still have a good way to go, but I feel like I am well on my way. We just can't ever give up.

Starting weight Dec 2008 - 250
    Current weight Jan 2010 - 160
    Goal weight - 140

I have stalled for a while, but I am coming back strong. Everyone has it in them. Lets do it for ourselves.

123326.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this jrbowers83, you deserve to be treated so much better! You need not feel bad for seeking support here, I'm glad that you reached out to us, we are always here for you if you need to talk, anytime. I have not been in your situation before, but I can feel your pain through what you write. You need to think of yourself and your children's happiness right now, you are obviously going to be torn and have difficult decisions to make right now, but really try to stay strong for your kids and for YOURSELF! Your sanity and your health are very important, and you did the right thing by calling the terapist. The best thing you can do is talk about it, and getting out of the house should help. I've sank into depressions before myself and had warnings from the Dr to smarten up or end up in the psych ward too...the best thing that helped was forcing myself to get up and get dressed and go for a walk or something to get out. It doesn't sound like much, but taking control will make you feel like you have more control over your situation, if that makes sense. Try to really focus on your kids right now, and use this to try to push you to succeed in your goals...turn your saddness into anger, and take it out on your exercising. It does sound like you are still trying to be careful with your health by eating smoothies, perfect thing to choose. If you can't eat anything else at least you are getting in good nutrients and filling your tummy, if that's all you can do for now, that's ok. Take it one step at a time, and really really try not to be hard on yourself.
    My heart goes out to you, it really does. It always pains me to see others go through such grief, especially when you have little ones. It does unfortunately sound like he's not going to change, but of course we can always be surprised by people. I really hope that you take care of yourself and keep your chin up.
    We're here for you, (((hugs)))
    Jenn :bigsmile:
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Thanks for the support and advice, everyone. It definitely feels better to know that others have gone through the same thing and survived. I know I was stirring up a tempest in a teapot of sorts worry so much the other day, I get ahead of myself so easily becuase from day to day here, there isn't a heck of a lot to divide my attention between. Definitely makes it tough to not obsess overmuch. You're all quite right about my friends/drinking--when I think about it, since leaving Toronto almost a year ago, a lot of people I would call friends have fallen by the wayside becuase I simply don't see them anymore, and our bond wasn't strong enough to weather the distance while my true friends, my oldest and best, are still there and are fully supportive of me when I talk about my lifestyle change, my goals to be healthier, and they are happy and proud of me when I report on how much progress I've made, how much better I feel. You guys definitely reminded me that I should look closer at the friends I have, and while I know more may still fall away, the ones that really truly count will be there for me--no matter what. So, yeah, thanks! You guys just ROCK.

jrbowers -- *HUGS* I think Carrie offered some very good advice, much more eloquently than I ever could. It is good that you came to us, that you shared with us. Know that you are safe here, among friends who have only your best interest in mind, to voice whatever you feel like you need to. If oyu ever need a shoulder or an ear, I am available to you in whatever way you can find helpful.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Oh and jrbowers, so sorry to hear about everything you are going through. Sounds like did the right thing though! jbsweet is right i think, doing small things to get control of your life is the first place to start. I have never been in your situation but you are in my prayers. There are good men out there! There is someone out there who will love you and treat you with the respect you deserve. It's probably the last thing on your mind right now, I know.... stay strong!
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just stumbled upon this group and I think it's awesome! Is it too late to join?? I joined MFP a little less than a year ago and did great with eating right and working out until this last August. I was the maid of honor in a wedding (that was my original motivation to get into shape) and I stopped working out and watching what I was eating about two weeks before the wedding because I had so much going on. Unfortunately though, I let that two weeks turn into several months. I haven't really gained any weight back (thank goodness!) but I still really want to reach my goal weight! I'm about 30-ish pounds away. It's SO hard to get back on track once you stop for a bit!
    I'm 25 and my weight is 178. My goal weight is 145.

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone~ ! I also just noticed this group today, I have been away from MFP for a while now, and this group is exactly what i am looking for! I am 21, and had gained up to 180 lbs throughout high school. I came back down to roughly 155lbs, which was amazing! in less than a year. And now, unfortunately i have come back up to 167.8 lbs which is my weight as of this morning. But im trying not to be discouraged, and hoping to just do well in the next four months and get that healthy sexy body that I have always wanted. Especially, i am planning to go down south the dominican or something, and i am dying to look hot in a bikini! Anyways, i think you are all very inspiring, and i look forward to being part of this group!!!
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Good wednesday everyone!!

jrbowers- I am so proud of you!! Reaching out for help is the first step and the hardest. I cried for you when I read your post and want you to know that everyone on this site is supportive of you and whatever decision you make. I think in this case, you are making the right one. You are way too amazing of a person and those little ones of yours are too precious to have to see this as they grow up. You need to look in the mirrior today and see how great you are and see all of us standing behind you! (we're ll the ones with the hot bodies!!) Look at your kids picture and ask yourself if you would want this for them, and what they deserve. Regardless, you have your own little rock right here whenever you need it, and I will send you my e-mail address. Anytime you feel weak, defeated, tired, alone- you're not. We're here. I'm sending you rib crushing hugs and warm thoughts and all the strength that I can, though you won't need it. From what I can see, you are one tough lady, even if you don't feel that way right now.

mxburke and pink shoes- welcome. If you're looking for the best people for support and motivation, you're in the right place!

Talk to everyone more after my workout!!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    New kids on the block! Yeah yeahyeah! Welcome to the coolest group ever :) Everyone here is superduper amazing and cool. If you were looking for a place with awesome blossoms and great people who will pick you up when you're down and celebrate with you when you're on the up-and-up you are in the right place!

Day eight of daily yoga! Feeling good! Had a tough time getting started today, but feel better having done it. Been doing really well doing the no-sugar for January challenge on here, too! Noticing some headaches at the end of the day, trying to monitor them to figure out what the cause is.

Happy wednesday campers!
  • jrbowers83
    Options
    Morning everyone! I just want to say thank you so much to everyone who spoke up to help me out yesterday. That kind of pool of support is exactly the kind of thing I need to pull me out of this. Today is going much better than the last few. I had a chance to just completely unload on my husband last night, fume about all of it. I see my therapist tomorrow so I think that will really help alot more. I forced myself to get up and do some yoga and jogging this morning and it did help me regain some energy and appetite. I actually ate half a veggie omlette. Also feel a little more playful with the little one today, which is really good for her. I'm so grateful that the 6 yo is in school. I take a nap with 1 yo so I have energy to deal with both in the evenings. I also started yesterday letting myself grieve in short phases. Just taking a few minutes throughout the day to lock myself in the bathroom and cry it out. Nights are so hard for me, because I try to stay busy all day to keep my mind off these things, and then it'll just hit me like a ton of bricks again and I feel beat down. A little more manageable this way.
    Carrie, hearing your story of what you went through with your husband def helps me stop beating myself up so much. I keep telling myself how stupid, stupid, stupid I am to keep putting up with this over and over. I need to take a stand, but I feel guilty for doing it. I am very glad that whether it was you, or your son, or whatever finally pulled your husband out of his addictions. I think what makes part of this so hard is that my husband used to always be "the good guy". He came from a broken family (as did I) but we both were like "we're not going to follow along with the rest of this world. We're gonna rise above." We never drank, did drugs, partied, nothing. He is a very hard worker, and a bit of a perfectionist. And he kinda blames his behavior now on that. That he didn't get any worldly experience-we jumped straight into having a baby and getting married- and that he always had to be so perfect he just didn't want to anymore. I wish that he would just let me go, quit hanging on to me and putting me through it. I think he's afraid to be alone, but he seems unable to be in a monogamous relationship. Sometimes I wish he were just a complete dirt bag and make this easier on me, I wouldn't feel so guilty. Believe me, I've gone over and over in my head the whole long-term, short-term hurt issue and I think that's what has made me feel like I HAVE to put my foot down this time. This is the 4th time we've separated, and enough is enough you know? And what I realized last night is that it's not even just about my husband, it's the fact that I've been hurt, used, abused, abandoned by every man in my life, and everytime he does something like this it brings back the hurt of all those past offenses from so many other men, ya know? Sorry that's something I was gonna save for the therapist, but it helps to put it out there.
    Well, I'm gonna keep trying to just pull myself together each morning, force myself to eat and workout. While I don't want to stress over food/exercise, I've seen over the past few months what an impact it can have on my moods, so I really need to search for that balance to get in the right frame of mind.
  • jrbowers83
    Options
    golundrums, pinkshoes, and mxburke-I'm sorry I'm usually more friendly and welcoming on here. Don't usually vent about my personal stuff like this. Welcome to the group, and I hope that my drama doesn't really scare you off here. We usually talk alot more about our eating and exercise stuff, so please come and share your stories with us. Everyone has been so supportive and friendly, and I think we all know the unique pressures of being young and struggling with our weight, so come join us.