Any More Chubby Twenties?

Options

Replies

• pattitricia85
    Options
    MercuryBlue-just listening you your day makes me exhauseted! I think i have it rough fitting in exercise! I won't complain anymore!
    KeriMcdonald- Zumba is a latin dance class. Although mine is more aerobics/hip hop/latin. It is soooo fun and my instructors are so awesome.

After reading your posts i just have to ask the working moms: How do you sleep? How much do you sleep? I had two nights in a row where i got about six hours and i felt horrible. My body aches and is sensitive to the touch and i get sick really easily w/ out enough sleep for a couple of nights. I am not a mom yet but i know i should prepare myself for sleep deprivation... good job to all you moms that make time for exercise and prepare healthy meals!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    oh and p.s. mercuryblue i love your new pic! You can really see it in your face that you are thinning out!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    oh and p.s. mercuryblue i love your new pic! You can really see it in your face that you are thinning out!

Thank you so much! :)

To answer your question, I sleep okay... I'm in bed about 9-10 hours a night. I wish I could cut back on my sleep a bit (it would make fitting exercise in that much easier!) but I have sleep apnea. So while 8 hours a night is fine for your average person, that would be like six hours to me. I'm EXHAUSTED and can barely function- not pretty. 8 hours is basically the bare minimum I can get- any less than that and I actually get physically ill. Nausea, the whole shebang. Also, on top of my sleep apnea, my 13 month old STILL isn't sleeping through the night so I'm usually up about three or four times a night. I don't know how much total sleep I have by the end of the night... but I feel rested, for the most part.

It was SO MUCH easier with my first. He slept 12 hours through the night from 4 weeks on. He's a GREAT sleeper!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Carrie! Sounds like you really had a rough day yesterday, sorry to hear that...But like you said, today is another day..and hopefully a better one than yesterday. I too won't complain about finding time to get a work out in anymore, wow, you are sooo busy! My main fight is with my own lazy butt, not a baby diapered butt, lol..although that would be cute to see, I'm sure it is very frustrating!
    Oh and I agree with Pattitricia, you look fantasic in the new pic! You can so see a difference! :bigsmile:
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Hello again. I just finished my 1 hour on the elliptical. I hope everyone had the day they planned for.

Carrie- I soo feel your frustration. I am on vacation this week, so my life is a little less hectic and my daughter is spending time with her grandma, but an average week is crazy. I am usually up by 5 and I get my daughter up at 5:30. we head out to preschool at 6am and I am at work from 7-5. (at least. My average work week is 60-65 hours) My husband picks her up on his way home and I like to have dinner ready by 6:30. We either take a walk together as a family from 7-8 or I do the ellipltical in the basement with my daughter watching a movie next to me. The dishes and the laundry and the house cleaning don't do themselves, so after Eris has her bath and is in bed by 9, I spend at least 90 minutes doing housework and from 10:30-11 or so I plan my food and pack our lunches for the next day. I try to be in bed by 11:30 but it doesn't always work.

My hubby is a computer network engineer and he eats out every day, and he is trying to lose weight but hasn't hit the point yet where he needs to do it or has to for any reason. He brings junk home or tries to be nice and orders takeout when I get home late (if I get home at 8, my day doesn't end, I am just up later getting everything done).

On top of that, I am a restaurant manager, so while it is somewhat active, I am surrounded by delicious food and it is so easy to eat a couple of cookies when I run into a staff scheduling problem or whatever. I work every other weekend at the ronald mcdonald house as a volunteer and even though it's a struggle t fit it in, I love it, but I still work weekends and then I drive 1 hour every weekend I am not there to spend time with my neices and nephews. 5-6 hours of sleep is about the norm. but weekends get dicey. I am at work on Sundays until 2 am and I lose my willpower around midnight. Monday is my day off but I still ahve to get up and get my daughter to school and get the deep down cleaning that I can't get done throughot the week.

I only have 1 baby. I don't know how you do everything that you do with 2, but I'm impressed. I may not feel all of your pain, but I do feel some and can sympathize. That just makes you that much more awesome!! Keep up the great work!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    You moms are wonder women. I applaud and admire you! I can't even imagine having so much responsibility, and finding time for all of it (I'm notorious for reassigning and delegating, putting off until later, or finding a convenient excuse to not do something) I hope you're proud of yourselves for all you've accomplished on TOP of being a momma bear!

Carrie -- reading about your day yesterday wiped me out, LOL! I hope today was easier for you. Your hubby sounds so well intentioned, it sounds like you handled that situation quite gracefully as frustrating as it may have been. Maybe you can mention it to him later in the week, and suggest if he's planning something like that again to keep your goals in mind and make one or two accomodations, low-fat alfredo or marinara sauce, letting you serve yourself with pasta/sides, making a big fat salad full of healthy veggies...

What a success today felt like! A small victory, maybe, but I was much more mindful about my eating today, even surviving the buffet and skipping dessert. Now, i'm holed up doing laundry and have successfully avoided the fully stocked bar and fridge. I also did 2.5 hours of yoga today AND got in a short meditation, and the massage I gave this afternoon was awesome--my head was really back in the game on all fronts. It's funny how i was struggling so much when I wasn't logging in or tracking regularly/consistently and then as soon as I come back to basics of just getting on MFP things seem to get a lot easier.

Here's a question for you guys too: as I've mentioned, I've been doing a lot of yoga lately but I don't know how to log it. Depending on which cd/dvds I'm doing and how long I go for, my HR during my practice varies a lot (ie. I did 2 sessions today, 60m and 90m, and my HR didn't really feel like it was up much at all though I felt very strong and empowered. Yesterday I did maybe 45m of some upper body flow--lots of pushups, shorter holds and slightly faster transitions than today's--and was sweating buckets, could really feel my heart pumping.) I know there's a Stretching/Hatha yoga programmed into MFP but the numbers seem WAY WAY too high for most of what I'm doing.

Any advice on how to log this stuff, or figure out how much i might be burning?
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!!

Kaytbognar- Since you are using a hrm, when you go under exercise, and type in yoga, whatever comes up as calories burned, you can change. So, say you did 45 minutes, it says you burned 223 calories but you know that you burned 280, you click on the calories burned part, and change it. I hope that helps.

See everyone later today. I am going to have to go shopping before my workout. Did you know that 1 hour of elliptical and 1 hour of light to moderate housework burns 845 calories! Holy moly. I was naughty and weighed myself this morning (I can't help it! I was distressed about gaining so much over the holidays!) And I am back down to 161.8. that makes 2.6 pounds more to go until I am back where I was. I seem to have found a good balance between food and exercise. At least for now.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Thanks Keri, I misled you though! I don't have a HRM :( I just meant that I can usually feel when my heart rate increases during exercise, and yesterday, even though I felt great afterward, it just didn't feel like it went up much. I figured out an alternative solution, though, through realizing the series I do that gets me really sweating is vinyasa flow as opposed to a slightly less vigorous hatha style. Googled to get a ballpark of cals/hour/style and put that in as a custom thingy. Success! I know it's all jsut rough guestimation but it makes me feel better to log my yoga--makes it feel like it counts a little more or something.

Have a great afternoon!
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Hello everyone! Good morning again!

kaytbognar - I was going to make the same suggestion Keri did, but she beat me to it! Congratulations on the fantastic workout! 2.5 hours is great!!! I'm glad you found a logging solution that works for you.

Keri- Congratulations on your loss! You're doing awesome! I really really want to get an elliptical myself one day. Cardio is definitely my downfall!

I wanted to thank everyone for your support of my BAD DAY the other day. Sometimes you just need someone to vent to, you know? Yesterday was MUCH better overall. There were a couple hiccups but for the most part, I'm QUITE happy with myself. I ate well all day. Then came supper. I was going to make some mock chicken wings because I was craving something spicy- so I sliced up some chicken breast. Unfortunately, I was out of healthy cereal to make breading with (I wasn't about to use my strawberry All Bran! Lol) so I poured some Rice Krispies into my magic bullet with some onion powder and cayenne. I dipped my chicken breast chunks in egg whites, then coated them in the Rice Krispies 'crumbs'. Put a little olive oil into a baking dish, then put the chicken in. Was going to bake the chicken at 350 until done. Only here-s where I had my first hiccup of the day- I completely forgot I was cooking! Because hubby had learned his lesson from yesterday, he'd already eaten and fed the kids themselves. And I wasn't super-hungry, so I just started cleaning house. Finally it dawned on me that, oops! The chicken was still in the oven. So it came out really crunchy and dried out. Not BURNED, thankfully. Still edible. But not cooked to perfection, by far.

Flavor-wise, my little faux hotwings were GREAT. However- hiccup number two- I poured Frank's Red Hot all over them without thinking. Now, Frank's is VERY low in calories, so it's not a big deal. But it wasn't until this morning I noticed how much SODIUM is in it, so I'm sort of kicking myself over that.... but hey, we can deal with that, right? :wink:

Okay, well, here's where I fess up! Part of why I overcooked my chicken was 'cause I was busy primping. :blushing:

See, I decided to treat myself to a new sexy haircut and color for my birthday tomorrow (see my new picture? Wooot!) and so I was playing with it, trying new styles. It's been SOOOOOO LONG since I had a hair 'do I could be stoked about!

Anyways, the funny side effect of my new haircut is that it made me feel good about myself. And I was like, 'Imagine how much cuter you'd look with a rockin' bod to go with that rockin' cut!' So as soon as the boys were down for the night, I went gung-ho! I did a full-body workout with Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010, then a full-body workout with Bob on The Biggest Loser. Jillian's workout was about 20-25 minutes long, Bob's was 28 minutes long (3 circuits). After that, I put on the Wii Fit Plus and played Super Hula Hoop for three minutes (I didn't beat my record but, come on! By then I was EXHAUSTED!!!) and then went for a 'run' around the island. I was SWEATING by the time I was through!

I'm proud of myself, too- because as much as I SUCK at Cardio, I did the full 5.5-minute jog with Jillian around the island without ONCE having to stop to catch my breath or having an asthma attack. I even jogged for about 5 minutes at the end of my workout! I've never jogged for that long at once, believe it or not. I know that's sad but it's true. I can already feel myself getting stronger.

In total, I was on the Wii for about 2 hours but I'll say that about an hour and fifteen minutes of that was probably spent ACTUALLY working out. UNFORTUNATELY I don't have an HRM, and the calorie counter on TBL is notoriously inaccurate so I don't know what I burned. But if I go by MFP, I burned about 511 calories in that workout. Not a HUGE amount- but for me, it's a lot! The only downside is that I couldn't fall asleep afterwards, I was too pumped up! Now I know why they say don't exercise before bed! Unfortunately for me, it's often the ONLY TIME I can find the opportunity because my kids are sleeping.

Anyways, I'm feeling pretty good today and can't wait to work out again tonight!!!!

Hey, I wanted to add, ladies.... I have this discussion board that a bunch of friends and I frequent. It's pretty much all women between the ages of 20-30. We just get together and catch up on one another's lives. It's been pretty dead lately because of the holidays, but for the most part, we have some great conversations there! Anyways, if any of you are interested in joining us (we can talk fitness there, or just chat or vent!) you're welcome to join us. The forum is at www.opusnocturna.com/forum . If not, that's cool too. The reason I bring it up is because a lot of the ladies here I think would fit in really nicely with the ladies there, and it's been a while since we had some new blood! Lol.

Of course, MFP is still my preferred board of choice when it comes to weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Wow, look at you girls go, I'm impressed!! That's a lot of workout time! I have been pretty bad with that this week, I'm watching my cals pretty good, but not too good on the exercise front...my excuse is for one, my neck has been killing me for a week, it's getting frustrating! so It's hard to workout when you feel like you can't hold your head up, and two, I start my kickboxing class on Monday and will be going at Least 4 times a week, so I figure I can handle a few days off before hand. I'm off for four days after today though, so I may find some time...we'll see lol.
    And Carrie I love the new do! It is funny how that works though eh, I got mine cut just before Christmas and everyone kept telling me how much they love it and it really makes you feel good! I like how confident I get, I do the same as you...now all i need is the rest of the package to go with it! Oh and I used to do the same as you did with the chicken, so i got a really good timer that I can hear all over the house, so if I forget at least the timer doesn't! I've become a much better cook since getting that, lol!
    Have a good afternoon guys! :flowerforyou:
  • Justacouple
    Options
    Hey guys I obviously just joined and saw this group. I fall in the chubby twenties at 26 and brand new 26 (12.11.09). I've always been a little bigger, but I'm getting to the point I can't look at myself so I had to do something. You can't complain if your not going to do something about it.

I am planning on getting married in 2011, no real dates planned just yet. Funny I don't even have a ring yet, but in our culture that's nothing new. I want to look great in my dress and actually wear the dress I want not just the one that fits my body, if you know what i mean. I'm a little late joining but I would love to be apart of this group!

Also, not to sound stupid but what's the 90 day challenge?
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have trouble catching up with this group, so I usually just read over the last page. So, if I leave anyone out, then I am sorry.

Justacouple-welcome to the group. We set 30, 60, and 90 day weight goals for ourselves as we join, something like if you plan to lose 2 pounds a week for 30 days you'll be at x pounds. We don't really do challenges, but as we've all been talking cardio lately, I'm wondering if we should start?

Kaytbognar-I would recommend using the yoga in MFP but underestimating on the time (say maybe 15 min less than you actually did) if you feel the numbers are too high. Or the opposite, I might've gotten confused by what you meant. I know I don't always accurately measure food portions (since I don't have a food scale) So I always like to underestimate my calorie burn to ensure that I will lose weight.

jb_sweet-good luck with kickboxing coming up. It is a real butt kicker, but a great calorie burn. I had trouble sticking it out when I tried it a couple years ago, so remember to let yourself work up to the really intense stuff. You've talked alot about your new diet, and I have to say I commend you. So far I eat what I always used to eat, just much smaller portions and lots of added veggies (I always ate lots of fruit). I think my biggest challenge was cutting out sodas. But since I've been off of them for more than 30 days, I actually tried to drink Dr. Pepper the other day and it made me nauseous. I'm a true water lover these days!

MercuryBlue-love the new haircut/color. Cute and sassy for your birthday. Everytime I log in it seems you have a new avatar, hard to keep up with the changing you :laugh: BTW my 6 yo LOVED the pic of you with your son, he said that was so sweet then climbed in my lap for a snuggle. I feel your pain about the busy day cleaning up kid's rooms. (Just remember that that burns calories too, don't know if you chose to count it or not. I only count housework when it's moderate to heavy and continuous i.e. sweeping and mopping my large dining/kitchen, doing heavy cooking, scrubbing on hands/knees etc., but sounds like cleaning those boy's rooms should count). For you and keri, I commend you as working moms. It is so hard to come home and have more work. I'm a stay at home mom, and my day starts at 5 am for my workout and ends about 10 or depending on whenever my husband gets home. (He's had affairs in the past and blamed it on me being asleep when he got home (HELLO colicky infant and jealous 5 yo = exhaustion) so I agree to stay up MOST nights and he's agreed to marriage counseling. It's a work in progress.) But I for the most part have the full brunt of childcare and housekeeping, so I feel like a busy single mom. Sorry to dump everyone. Also, I wanted to let you know there's a topic called wii fit, fit plus, etc. on here. You might check in with that group to talk more about your Wii Fit # fun. I like it there.

Well, I never thought I'd say this but this week I've been having a really hard time eating all my calories. Most days I'm only eating about 1000 (total, about 400 cal deficit net), and I am EXHAUSTED! A big part of it has been taking kids out to eat (like mcdonald's) and filling up on unhealthy foods so I don't have room for my normal healthy snacks. I'm also really focusing on my sodium, and it's really hard to stay under on calories AND sodium. Really need to start cooking more, and stop relying on easy meals. I've had migraines this week (probably due to 6yo being out of school, but could be freak weather, snowing one day, 70s the next) so don't want to do much of anything, and going to bed early so no time to eat all my calories. Should I maybe exercise less (I don't want to do this because then I feel lazy) or maybe spread my exercise out (so that if I know I'm not going to eat alot, just don't exercise as much) or just force myself to eat. IDK, but I just want to feel healthy and right now I definitely DON'T.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    jrbowers -- cutting back or spacing out your exercise might be a good idea until your schedule gets a little closer back to normal. How much are you getting in, usually? If it's just for a little while and you're not finding any other ways to get your cals in, you might want to add a can of ensure or a protein/nutrient shake or bar (I LOVE the Vega brand--they have sinlge on the go packets of things and it's choc-a-block full of nutrients, vitamins, and YUM) I hope you get it figured out soon! I definitely notice it when I'm not eating enough, feeling exhausted and cranky and so forth.

justacouple - welcome! jrbowers explained things better than I could. In general we're not too strict about anything here, except picking each other up when we're having our down days.

jenn-- kickboxing! are you excited to get started? I can definitely sympathize with the neck pain, as mine has been exceptionally bad for the last few months, right now I only really get full, pain-free range of motion after half the day is through and I've done some yoga (I blame it on the three weeks spent back in september couch surfing across canada and sleeping on greyhounds for days at a time that set it off) the worst part for me is, as a mssage therapist, I keep wishing I could detach my arms and work on myself but it just never happens! That said, have you experienced this pain before? Doing any stretching for it? Heat/ice/over the counters? Maybe I can offer some suggestions that might help you.

Carrie -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY! You're looking sharp with your new 'do, and I hope you are feeling strong and proud of yourself for how far you've come over the past month or so. I hope you get a chance today to enjoy doing the things your love with the people you love! And hey, you're not 30 yet either, so we won't ahve to kick you out ;P

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I rang it in quietly, but it was lovely nonetheless. I did another 2.5 hours of yoga yesterday and am feeling great, I've noticing my posture is much improved when I walk around (sitting at the computer is still a challenge though) I'm excited today because my moms has decided to turn over a new leaf and start taking better care of herself. I told her I'm with her 100% for support, and even recommended MFP as something that might be helpful. I'm really hoping she sticks with it this time and that I can help her do it.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Friday!
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Carrie -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY! You're looking sharp with your new 'do, and I hope you are feeling strong and proud of yourself for how far you've come over the past month or so. I hope you get a chance today to enjoy doing the things your love with the people you love! And hey, you're not 30 yet either, so we won't ahve to kick you out ;P

Thank you so much! Nope, not 30 yet. I've got another 3 years with you guys- but hopefully by then we'll all be working on getting ourselves nce and 'cut', and not focusing so much on weight loss! What do I mean, hopefully? I mean, we WILL. Lol. Is it pathetic at all that I still plan on coming here in 3 years????

I ate way too much food last night. Probably 2 days worth of calories. NOT GOOD. I told myself well in advance that I would let myself eat whatever I wanted for my birthday, and I usually CELEBRATE my birthday New Year's Eve with everyone else because that's when the food is out. Had tonnes of high-sodium Chinese food and a slab of McCain's Deep and Delicious. Oh, and some chips! Bad, Carrie, Bad! Lol. On the plus side, I had a nice quiet night in with my family and was in bed by 10pm. Am feeling pretty good today, so I'm determined to spend my birthday kicking my own butt, lol. Since it's my b-day, hubby is obligated to give me some 'me' time and keep the boys out of my way. Hrm, I like that idea!

jrbowers83- Thank you so much! I added some streaks to my hair last night so it's even more awesome now, lol. Only trouble is, with all these layers, it's tricky to pull my hair back or worouts! Got to use a bunch of hairpins. Ah well, beauty has its price!

I can understand about where you're coming from for sure! Up until three months ago, I was a stay at home mom for about a year. We have REALLY long maternity leaves in Canada, lol. Before my mat leave I thought, oh, hey, I'll get thin in no time because I'll have so much time to work out! But then, no, I just spent the whole day running around, cleaning house, and taking care of kids. Seldome fit workouts in- and had WAY too much free time to munch. So the calories I burned up I mostly just ate again. It took me a year just to lose twenty pounds! Believe it or not I can also unerstand where you're coming from on the husband situation because I've been there. Hubby and I have been together on and off for almonst 7 years now. The first year and a half we were REALLY on and off. He was a no-good punk to put it nicely. Drug-addict mother, raised in foster care, problems with drugs and alcohol himself. Because my parents had fostered when I was growing up I had this instinctual need to help and 'fix' him. A lot of women can relate, I'm sure. So I went back and forth between not wanting to be part of his lifestyle to trying to pull him out of it. Probably could have went on forever except I got pregnant with my oldest. That snapped him out of it quite a bit- he wanted to be the father he'd never had. Wanted to prove he was better than the dad who ran out on him. So he insisted we do things 'proper', moved in together, tried to play the role of happy family. Trouble is, he had (still has) no idea about what a happy family is. So there was a LOT of screwing up in the beginning- and screwing around. A lot of near breakups, a lot of therapy.Things have only really been better these past two years. But I have had trust issues- and I know that by spending so much time focusing on him, I neglected myself. I coped with the lies and cheating by eating.

When things finally started getting better 2 years ago, I lost 10 pounds! Then I got pregnant again.... :)

A year ago, hubby was diagnosed with Adult ADHD and PDD (in the autism spectrum of disorders- a really really mild autism) and started taking medications. Since then he's an entirely different person and things between us have never been better. But because of hs ADHD, he's been having trouble and work and is basically one screw up from being fired. So THAT has been on my shoulders for pretty much all of 2009. Lots of financial stress- probably, again, part of the reason it took so long to lose that 20 pounds. Eating has helped me cope. And because I've stuck by him for so long, hubby is very loyal to me and I don't have any trust issues anymore (well, many. I think when you've been cheated on, there's aways SOME niggle of distrust at the back of your mind). That's taken a lot of stress off my shoulders and helped me get to where I am now. Though, to be honest, I do fear what would happen if things turn bad again. My old coping strategies clearly didn't work- I need to figure out how to cope with stress and heartache in a better way because I'll just go back to my old ways.

Anyways, I apologize for the mini-rant! I just can relate to what it feels like to be a busy single mom. Sometimes it's like I have three children. Sometimes, honestly, I think my life would be EASIER if I were single believe it or not. Not that I want to be single... it's just something that's occurred to me.
  • jacigettingfit
    Options
    Your post rings so true to me! I know exactly how you feel when you say that this time of our lives is supposed to be when we're young and hip, not chubby! I feel like I'm middle-aged all the time, and I'm only 28. I also feel like my love life has sort of stalled because I'm self-conscious about what I look like right now. I weigh 160 pounds, and I would really like to get down to 130 eventually. My 90-day goal is to get halfway there (so, to lose 15 pounds).

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts--it is so helpful for me to know that other twentysomethings are going through the same thing I am and feeling to same way I do.
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Your post rings so true to me! I know exactly how you feel when you say that this time of our lives is supposed to be when we're young and hip, not chubby! I feel like I'm middle-aged all the time, and I'm only 28. I also feel like my love life has sort of stalled because I'm self-conscious about what I look like right now. I weigh 160 pounds, and I would really like to get down to 130 eventually. My 90-day goal is to get halfway there (so, to lose 15 pounds).

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts--it is so helpful for me to know that other twentysomethings are going through the same thing I am and feeling to same way I do.

Hey, welcome to the group! Wishing you success! :)
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Back again, just had to report that I FINALLY got a chance to get back in the pool today and with great success. I shaved about 5 minutes off my total time for this particular workout, and the speed laps for today were consistently about 3-4s shy of their regular time. I actually got FASTER even though I haven't been near the water for almost two full weeks. I'm sure that the yoga I've been doing plays a large role in that, I can feel more strength and stability in my core, and more balance between my left and right sides. One fun thing I noticed is that when I did my 50m sprints, I could actually feel my body lengthening, just like in a lot of yoga poses. It felt SOOOO good, and I think it's part of why I saw such an improvement in my times.

jacigettingfit -- welcome! good luck with your goals. we're in this together now!

Carrie-- hardly pathetic to to plan to be here in three years! When you find something that works, you stick to it, so thinking that way just implies that you're going to succeed (just like the rest of us!) I love that you're planing on kicking your butt today and that you sound so positive about it! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself last night, extra calories be damned. you totally deserve it.

For both you and jrbowers, thank you for sharing your stories with us. I know it can be difficult sometimes to share with people who maybe don't see the broader scope of a situation and might be quick to judge. I do not have your experiences so I can't fully understand the nature of the challenges you face, but I admire your strength, perseverance and your honesty. Never feel the need to apologize for ranting to us, that's why we're all here! :D
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Something to make everyone laugh a little!

http://www.explosm.net/comics/1898/

Have a great Saturday everyone!

(edited becuae I'm dum and can't figure out how to make the link a link.
  • jacigettingfit
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, guys!!!
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope those of us that weigh in on Sundays are excited!!! I am so not!

jacigettingfit- welcome! I am sure that you've noticed already, but everyone here is soo amazing.

jrbowers and carrie- You guys are really amazing. I am truly truly lucky to have a husband who grew up in a really great family (I did not) and is very clear on how to be a great husband and an amazing daddy to Eris. He never has done anything to deserve it, but I was very distrustful in the first few years because of past relationships. He helped me work through those and was always so open and honest about anything I ever asked him. I am very lucky. He takes amazing care of us and is supportive that I love to work, even though with his salary, I don't have to, but it's something that I need to have in my life. He's always putting us first and even though his eating habits are atrocious, he is letting me turn him into a raw veggie eating, lean meat every day craving health nut..........slowly!!:tongue:

carrie- I have to watch my sodium for medical reasons, and the best way to control sodium is lots and lots of raw veggies and fruits. You can also get low sodium salt (weird, but helpful) to cook with. I have never tasted the difference. Try to stay away from anything that is prepackaged (hamburger helper, frozen meals, soups are some of the bigs). Obviously eating out is always terrible cause they use things that have extra sodioum in it to keep meats longer. And I know it's what everyone says, but water , water, water!!! The more water you drink, the more sodium it helps flush out. So if you go over, drink an extra 2-3 glasses of water. Make sure you are getting enough potassium though. It's one of the things in sodium that your body really needs and may be whats making you tired. Sounds really simple, but have a banana in the morning. I wouldn't cut out working out if I were you, just because you always sound so proud when you get done and seem to feel really good. I wouldn't want you to lose that for anything. I hope that helps, but if you need some recipes I have a low sodium cook book that has everything from hors d'evoures to desserts. I don't use it any more, so if you want it, I can send it to you. It was expensive, so I didn't want to throw it away. Let me know!

I went to see my brother in law and pick up my daughter, and we decided to go to a movie. I ate crap, crap and more crap. I couldn't bring my bag with my healthy snacks in so it was crap for me!! And then fast food on the way home:ohwell:

Still, it could have been worse and we are all back on track today!! I can't wait to get my elliptical time in today. I worked this morning, so it's a challenge, but I have only seen good things coming from it, so it wouldn't make sense to stop. I hope everyone has a great day!!!