Sooooooo....whats for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Hou_LH
    Hou_LH Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Special K Vanilla Almond! I love it and have it every day during the week. Then on the weekends I try to have eggs or something more home cooked.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    12 oz of black coffee (the darker the better)
    1 Pure Protien bar (chocolate chip if possible)
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Multi-grain english muffin with peanut butter and a to-go mug of tea, then a mid-morning snack of yogurt and some type of fruit (or nuts if I'm out of fruit). Sometimes I'll have a half serving of oatmeal with a little splenda-brown sugar and a spoonful of raisins. An omlette with peppers, onions and a sprinkle of cheese and a side of light wheat toast.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love left over Indian or Chinese food for breakfast best, but generally that is not available. Just tried Trader Joe's 9 grain cereal this morning, and it was tasty, crunchy, and sweet with plenty of protein and fiber:)
  • RJCP123
    RJCP123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Most mornings it cream of wheat (made with water) with 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter and a glass of 2% milk.
    On the weekends I make whole wheat pancakes and freeze the leftovers. They make a great grab and go breakfast for those days I just can't get going. A couple of frozen pancakes and a piece of fruit and I'm good to go
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I like to have a tablespoon of peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat bread and a cup of yogurt :)
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I eat almost the same thing every day--oatmeal, fruit, milk. Once a week or so I get a breakfast sandwich from the deli. Very rarely I'll have a buttermilk waffle, also with fruit and milk.

Sorry, not very inspirational for you!:happy:
  • orchid568
    orchid568 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology with almond/coconut milk, 1/2 banana and 1 tablespoon of peanut mix it in a blender and add ice. And enjoy!!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It varies:

steel cut oats with pasture butter

ancient grains cereal with fresh blackberries (when in season, we grow them. yum!) and almond milk or raw milk

2 pasture eggs, 2 slices of applegate bacon (no nitrates added), kale or spinach and mushrooms

sprouted wheat waffles or pancakes with grade b maple syrup (small amount, but richer flavor) and pasture butter

plain yoghurt with raw honey, almonds, and berries

ezekiel bread with store ground peanut butter (ingredients = peanuts) and strawberry jam
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    Today I had...
    1 bagel
    2 tbsp cream cheese
    should have had a piece of fruit

Some more of my breakfast meals are...

Special K granola-touch of honey
    milk
    piece of fruit

maple and brown sugar oatmeal
    apple cut up in chunks

granola
    yogurt-greek or regular
    piece of fruit
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    today...bowl of plain oatmeal with flax seed, a little brown sugar and vanilla almond milk, three eggs scrambled with cheese and a cup of coffee with natural vanilla creamer.
  • jbrann911
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast eater almost always skipped it so when I started the diet I knew I needed a little help in this area. I decided to use diet shakes. I put them in the blender with 1/2 bag of fozen fruit it yields a yummy smoothie that takes me about 20 min to finish so I grab and eat while chasing my bus.......lol
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast:
    4 Bananas
    8 Dates
    1 cup water
    Blended

Sometimes i add:
    Chia seeds
    cinnamon
    vanilla extract (rarely)
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I normally have a coffee and a chobani yogurt, but tonight I made a batch of overnight oats with PB2 so I am looking forward to see how they turn out in the morning. :)
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal (before cooking) with cinnamon and sliced banana, 250 calories. Then I'll sip a 100 calorie Muscle Milk Light over the course of the morning until lunch.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I love the omelette I've been making. It's under 300 calories but filled with protein so I'm good until lunch.

1 whole egg
    4 egg whites
    1 oz goat cheese
    As much spinach as you want to put in it
    Baby bella mushrooms
    And I have been sprinkling chia seeds into the eggs. You can't taste the difference or notice a change in texture

I saute the spinach and mushrooms with spray butter and add salt and pepper.
  • nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    Same things every morning.

one multi-grain english muffin or two multi-grain toaster waffles
    2 tbsp Nutella or 2 tbsp peanut butter (or one of each)
    coffee, usually black sometimes with fat-free coffee-mate
    bottle of Metromint water

Eaten in the car as I'm commuting.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on the usual breakfast items. This morning I had...

Oscar Meyer - Smoked Ham Lunchmeat, 6 slices

Foldit Flatbread Traditional White, 1 flatbread

2 deviled Eggs

Can do similar with hard boiled egg or fried egg. I just happen to have the deviled eggs.
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg whites -- probably around 3 - 4 egg whites with spinach, crushed red pepper and goat cheese.