September Challenge - Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred.

Options

Replies

• moomaq
    moomaq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thanks, i'll check it out
  • moomaq
    Options
    Ive just completed my 1st work out. i'm in.. I'll post up my measurements soon

Has anyone worked out how you could enter them into the exercise section in myfitnesspal?

thanks

MOO

I've logged it in as circuit training for 25 mins!

Thanks for your help
  • moomaq
    Options
    I dont think Jillian does enough cool down stretching.
    I'm on day 4, and if i had of known how painfull it would be i would have
    upped my streatching to avoid soreness, but also i think it will help give lean muscles instead of bulking up.

i'll look online to see if there are any good streatching vids.

thanks moo
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm not even finished the DVD. I'm just about to start Level 3 today (even though I've only done 9 days of level 2, not 10, but I can always add the 'missing' day of level 2 on at the end :)). I'm just anxious to move onto level 3 and can't wait to change it up a bit!

Here's my stats so far:

I did my before weight and measurements on August 26th (i started the 30DS on August 27th)

Start Weight: 158
    Current Weight: 152
    -5 lbs down so far!

Start Waist: 36.5 in
    Current Waist: 32
    -4.5 inches down so far

Start Hips: 38.5
    Current Hips: 37
    - 1.5 in down

Start arms: 13.5
    Current arms: 12.5
    - 1 in down

Start legs: 23.5
    Current legs: 21.5
    - 2 in down

- this is the first of me actually comparing weight and measurements and since August 26th...and i'm just amazed!! LOL

I have to agree with the person above that Jillian's cool down is crap really lol. its way too short so I always do a couple of extra stretches at the end once the dvd is finished. her warms ups aren't bad though. i just don't get how the cool downs are the same for level 1 and 2 (and i'm assuming level 3, i'll find out today)...i guess because they all work the same muscles...but i wish she would add different stuff in there... that and the impact on the knees is my only complaint of 30DS otherwise it is an AWESOME workout and I LOVE it!! I never heard of it before joining MFP! so thank you all for that! :flowerforyou:
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Congrats arrawyn! You're doing awesome!
  • arrawyn79
    Options
    Congrats arrawyn! You're doing awesome!

Thank you jen! :) i'm pretty happy and amazed by it! :)
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm not even finished the DVD. I'm just about to start Level 3 today (even though I've only done 9 days of level 2, not 10, but I can always add the 'missing' day of level 2 on at the end :)). I'm just anxious to move onto level 3 and can't wait to change it up a bit!

Here's my stats so far:

I did my before weight and measurements on August 26th (i started the 30DS on August 27th)

-5 lbs down so far!

-4.5 inches down so far

- 1.5 in down

- 1 in down

- 2 in down

- this is the first of me actually comparing weight and measurements and since August 26th...and i'm just amazed!! LOL

I have to agree with the person above that Jillian's cool down is crap really lol. its way too short so I always do a couple of extra stretches at the end once the dvd is finished. her warms ups aren't bad though. i just don't get how the cool downs are the same for level 1 and 2 (and i'm assuming level 3, i'll find out today)...i guess because they all work the same muscles...but i wish she would add different stuff in there... that and the impact on the knees is my only complaint of 30DS otherwise it is an AWESOME workout and I LOVE it!! I never heard of it before joining MFP! so thank you all for that! :flowerforyou:

Whoop! Well done!!
    Ive just completed Day 10 level 1, so will start level 2 tomorrow. Im hoping for a loss on Tuesday since I didnt lose any this week!
  • arrawyn79
    Options

Whoop! Well done!!
    Ive just completed Day 10 level 1, so will start level 2 tomorrow. Im hoping for a loss on Tuesday since I didnt lose any this week!

Thank you!

congrats on getting to level 2! I just did day 2 of level 3 and i liked it better than the first day yesterday... because i knew what to expect more. i did have to modify a couple of moves (even from the beginner Anita's moves) - the sit ups (i just did regular crunches) and the rock star jumps because I didn't want to kill my knees (it just looks SO bad for the joints!) so I just kinda did walking in place kick back things.

I do find level 3 'easier' than level 2 for some reason - though it is still an awesome workout and i still drip sweat onto the carpet! :laugh:

i think level 2 is still my favourite (though those oblique twists i hate with a passion!). The one thing I have a love/hate relationship with in level 3 is the scissor ab moves OMG...thats the hardest ab workout i've ever done!!!
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    i think level 2 is still my favourite (though those oblique twists i hate with a passion!).
    Ich! I do NOT like level 2. The squat thrusts still break me down and I have to switch to the low impact version after about 12 of those or 25 seconds. And the chair squats with v-flys make me cuss at Jillian every time. I can make it very nearly to the end, but eventually have to drop the weights and say "F--- You! I hate you!" Today I was so worn out and my mouth was all full of sticky spit at the end of the chair squats with v-flys, I just couldn't do the first round of plank jacks, I was doubled over and gasping. My heart rate monitor had me pegged at 98% capacity. It's alright, though, because every day I get better, closer, stronger and I only have 4 more days, so I'll tough it out! I have to say, oblique twists are my favorite!
  • arrawyn79
    Options
    yeah those v-fly things are also a killer!!! i hate them but i love them. but man they are HARD. i'm just using 1lb weights and my arms are sore doing them! (the 2nd round)
  • Ntoriousydc
    Ntoriousydc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started this on Tuesday 11th. It absolutely killed me the first day! I have done it every day besides thrusday (had a busy day and was knackered) and today Sunday cos Im aching too much!

I guess its based on what you wanna do but ive looked around and people still see results even with a couple of rest days and even Jillian recommends it 5 days a week.

Really lacking motivation at the minute im just really impatient with results. Only on Day 4 i guess.

Hope you dont mind me joining this thread! keep updating with your measurements and progress and anything cos its really helping to keep everyone motivated!
  • Ntoriousydc
    Ntoriousydc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    also im a student so i bought the dvd for £5 but i already had lgiht-ish weight (just over 5lbs) i am struggling with them a bit but not too much so i guess thats something
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    yeah those v-fly things are also a killer!!! i hate them but i love them. but man they are HARD. i'm just using 1lb weights and my arms are sore doing them! (the 2nd round)
    Yeah, the only weights I have are 5lb and 1.5lb (and some 2lb weighted balls), so I've been toughing it out with the 5lb weights. Toughing it out is working for me though, because I am getting better every day; maybe today I'll make it all the way through without cussing Jillian out. I'm not even sore today! Except my neck; that's been sore for days and days.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I AM AMAZED AT THOSE RESULTS!!!!!!!! I think that is extraordinary and I am so jealous!

Here's my stats so far:

-5 lbs down so far!

-4.5 inches down so far

- 1.5 in down

- 1 in down

- 2 in down

• arrawyn79
    Options
    thank you jonilynn!! :) i am so happy with the results too! (my wardrobe isn't though...i'm going to be going out tonight to buy MORE new jeans! lol even though I just bought a new pair of jeans around august 24th when i was on vacation! :( boo lol (at least they were cheap haha)).

i just did Day 3 of Level 3 today. Why do I dislike level 3 so much? I LOVED level 2... level 3 not so much for some reason! even though I do like that there is more variety i think than the other 2 levels....

i know other people here really like level 3 but... i find that i have to modify too much for my liking (and i mean not just doing anita's versions because i do those anyway). but i do love the lunges (not the jumping lunges!) and the scissor abs - it really gets a workout for my thighs which are my problem area! :D
  • sableq52
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 2 - My abs hate Jillian but I am seeing results. :happy: I can fit my size 10 jeans now! (I don't care if it's vanity sizing - it says size 10!)
  • limico91
    Options
    Level 2 Day 3, it was weigh in day today and I have lost 3lbs! :D
    Although lost no inches yet.
    I can feel that my fitness has increased by a lot, especially with the jumping jacks, the instructor said at my aerobics class Im more energetic.
    I have one question, since I slipped and fell on my face tonight! Do you guys do it with trainers on or bare foot/with socks?
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    I have one question, since I slipped and fell on my face tonight! Do you guys do it with trainers on or bare foot/with socks?
    I'm sorry...I laughed.

Jillian and her crew wear shoes, so I do too.
  • limico91
    Options
    Its ok, I nearly finished the workout early since I couldnt stop laughing!
    I hadnt thought about it during level 1, but now thinking i might need to, but im indoors, on carpet and feels odd!
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    Its ok, I nearly finished the workout early since I couldnt stop laughing!
    I hadnt thought about it during level 1, but now thinking i might need to, but im indoors, on carpet and feels odd!
    I take my shoes off before the stretching. One night, I kicked my shoes off after the final cardio circuit, thinking I could do plank twists with no shoes, but I was slipping all over the place on my carpet, so I was all moving myself onto my yoga mat with each twist, walking one hand forward, twisting, walking the other hand forward while I return to plank, and such until I was entirely on the mat. It didn't really help that much, as my socks were apparently the root of the problem. Also, I probably looked ridiculously stupid doing that. I learned my lesson. Shoes on until stretch time!