Senior Golden Sneakers Club~~~Welcome~~~~~Dec.

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Saturday to all. The line dance performances are over. We danced at five different places in two days. Yesterday our class was 90 minutes of dancing familiar dances to Christmas music followed by cake and coffee (I said "no thank you). Our class on Wednesday will be followed by a potluck salad lunch (I'll bring cut up veggies and hummus) and we'll have class again on Thursday with more familiar dances to Christmas music.

:flowerforyou: Today was a day of sitting......an hour each way in the car and then about five hours of meetings with 30 minutes for lunch in the middle. I guessed right that the served lunch would be nothing that we would want to eat so we brought our own food. We took turns on the exercise bike when we got home and I did 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" but even with that I have less than 9000 steps on my pedometer which is low for me.

:flowerforyou: Gayla your coffee mishap was worse than my apple juice spill last night. Bernie the cat jumped on the table where I had candles burning and while trying to make sure he stayed away from the candles he spilled a glass of apple juice that got on papers, cloth placemats, and books. Nothing important was seriously damaged but the mess took a long time to clean up.

:flowerforyou: Birdie and Sandy, enjoy your snow. I hope it doesn't interfere with anything important for you and your family.

:drinker: Now it's time for more water and another session on the exercise bike:bigsmile:
    hugs :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

I doing the Happy Dance this morning. the Dallas Cowboys beat the Ne Orleans Saints last night. What a good game, but kept me up to late. Did not want to get up this morning.
    I got to get out and see if I can find a muffin top pan to make some flax seeds hamburger buns, I din't think Walmart has them but target should have them. I don't think I will ever go back to regular bread again. These are so good and healthy for me.

Have a Happy Sunday eveybody. Hope you people who got snow are staying safe and warm. Love seeing it on TV. But I think I will stay in Texas.

Marie
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Checking in from the "Winter Wonderland" of RI! An hour on the treadmill, Christmas Music, Wrapping gifts, writing cards.....life is good! (Did you notice that part of the happy feelings has NOTHING to do with food??) Praise God! What a gift during this season of giving. :flowerforyou: God gave me the gift of clean eating!:love:
    Have a blessed Sunday!
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: The weather in NW Washington is damp and cool and perfect for taking the dogs to the dog park. The girls and I have just come back from 45 minutes of fun exercise together:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: We just got invited to a potluck dinner on Saturday so the holiday food fest will continue.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, it's so good to hear your happy tone about Christmas preparations. You are right that happiness doesn't have to include food. There is so much other joy in life.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I'm so happy every day when I hear that you are still liking you new food plan.

Stay warm and happy :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: and drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    Very hectic weekend with Babe's daughter visiting. :happy: Cookies were baked, Christmas lights were seen, daughter spoiling her dad and step mom by cooking for us :bigsmile: dinner with her brother who is sick and yellow. :sick: and then the drive to the airport. :tongue:

Today Babe has a doctor's appointment and another on Wednesday, I still haven't wrapped my presents and Christmas is only 4 days away. :huh: But I will take it one day at a time and I am sure I will get everything done. :wink:

We have so many cookies and candy and stuff.......I am not as good as Birdie or Barbie since I do sample some of it. I am watching my weight daily to keep track of what I am doing .Exercise is another story, but I will get in as much as I can during these busy days. :love:

Hope everyone had a good weekend, don't let the stress of the Holidays get to you, look what you have done with your life so far, it will only get better!!

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good morning,:heart::heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart:

I have done been to get some blood work done and got my HI-NI shot. Now enjoying my coffee, And have breadkfast soon,

THIS IS CHRISTMAS WEEK.and I am ready for it,

Sandy glad Babe's daughter got in to see him for Christmas.

Barbie,, You have had a busy time so far. With all the dancing.

Hope everyone hae a joyous Christmas Week.

:heart: :heart: Marie:heart::heart:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Good morning everyone - I'm trying to get caught up with all the posts from the weekend - i hope no one is TOO snowed in on the east coast! Birdie????????? My Dad (92 yrs old) lives on Long Island - i called them yesterday just to check up - he said they had about 18 inches at that time and were staying inside!

I had a fabulous weekend with friends from Kansas - I'm just loving being able to have so much company in my new house! I need to quit cooking baking and eating though! Still lots more celebrating to come though - son and gf x-mas eve, her parents house x-mas day, other son and dil here for new years, then Dad comes second week in Jan! He and i will be good for each other though - he's REAL good about what he eats.

Gayla - thank you so much for thinking about my kids - the ultrasound today should tell us something definite......I'm so glad Neil is sleeping!

Sandy - sounds like it was a good weekend with your step daughter!

Sorry i'm not doing individual posts but i have to get to work - i just want to make sure i stay connected! Have a good week everyone. Stay warm!!!!!!!

elli
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: A few days ago Jake said that he couldn't find his pedometer but he was sure that it would turn up soon.........well it still hasn't turned up so this morning he ordered two of them--one for him and one for me....what a cool surprise.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Its cold and rainy here......I finally couldn't stand the sad dog faces so, rain or no rain, we went to the dog park.......there were already four dogs there and the girls ran and played for 25 minutes....we might have stayed longer but Brandy seemed to want to dig and I don't like her to do that so I leashed them up and brought them home.

:flowerforyou: I called my cousin who lives in Manhattan and she said that NYC was the best place to live when it snows because they clear the streets and the sidewalks so fast.

:flowerforyou: elli, I hope the news from the ultrasound is good

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I'm glad your step daughter's visit went well

:flowerforyou: Marie, I hope you enjoy your Christmas week

I cannot tell a lie, someone brought us six small homemade cookies......Jake ate all three of his on Thursday, I ate one on Thursday and the other two with my dinner tonight.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stay warm :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: hugs:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Barbie and Jake, thank God, you are human, you ate Christmas cookies!!!! I was beginning to think you were from another planet which such self control and discipline. So happy to hear you bent your rules once, I know that you both will be on the bike for an extra long time to make up for eating them, but I am still happy that you are in our world. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wish I could get Daisy to the dog park, she is so full of energy it is hard to contain her. I do take her out back and let her run and it is so pretty when she does, but she needs a lot of exercise and these snowy days aren't helping. She loves the snow so much she jumps around in it and tries to eat the falling flakes, she even rolls in it. Her pretty grooming isn't the same from last week. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marie, you are also so focused on your diet, how wonderful. I know you said you feel better and that is all you need to keep disciplined. I am so proud of you.

My husband called my step son's doctor yesterday and insisted he make him take a blood test for the jaundice he is showing.
    They don't have the results yet, but should have them by Wednesday. I am really worried about his liver with how much he drinks and hope maybe it will scare him enough for him to get help.

Have a little running to do today including a haircut, so will talk with you later.

Sandy
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    HI all,
    Just checking in before the holidays...My son is here from Texas and I am still working UGGG... we had a snow storm and than we had high tides on the base again so...I have been working again.
    I am running a race on new years day (no drinking for me) The diet to loose the rest of the weight starts tomorrow....yep on a wednesday...I have tried following the guide lines on here so I am going to start a diabetic diet and see how things go there. I need to finish losing weight before my birthday (I hope)
    Enjoy the Holidays Everyone I will try and catch up with y'all and what is going on after Christmas.
    Beth
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :smile: I took the day off from work to clean.... but first I exercised:bigsmile: Yesterday I didn't exercise and it made eating challenging, so I may have gone over 50 cal. :embarassed: Exercise = food!:tongue: So I exercise so I can have more food options as well as feel better.:flowerforyou:
    I agree with Sandy......Barbie and Jake you really are like the rest of us. Whew! :laugh:
    Lots of cleaning waiting for me so I better get going!:ohwell:
    :heart: God Bless us one and all! (Yes I watched a Christmas Carol last night with George C Scott....my favorite version:bigsmile: )
    BirdieM:heart:
  • ellens292
    Options
    Good Morning, All.
    So far, so good. A few goodies but keeping the total cals down.
    So wonderful to celebrate the Christmas season with family and friends.
    Not sure if I'll get a chance to post again before Christmas Day, so
    wishing each one of you a blessed and happy Holiday.
    Thanks for all your support and care, and we'll continue to encourage each other in the New Year.
    God bless.
    Ellen
  • elli
    Options
    Sandy - wow, that's SCARY that your step son is so yellow! I've heard of that with gall stones - but it sounds like his could be related to drinking......hope it gets figured out!

I agree with everyone - Barbie and Jake ARE from our planet! :laugh: not planet self control!!!!!

As you can all tell from my ticker - i'm not doing well at ALL on the diet/exercise scene. I'll get back on track - i'm doing better right now - still not working out - that's my big problem. I'm just not making the time.

The GREAT news - they saw a HEARTBEAT:heart: on my tiny grandbaby!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: THank you all for asking and thinking about us! Now just 8 months to go! woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

:heart: elli
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Look like another lb Barbiecat. How much more? You ought to be there by now. Send me your extra lbs. I hope to be there by this time next year.
    You and Jeffrey are our bigest loser. Barbs and Birdie right behind you guys.
    So proud of all of you.

Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Oh Ellie, what a great Christmas present, I will continue to keep your grand baby, and the rest of your family in my prayers. :heart:

So nice to hear from those who checked in today, may you also have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year!!

As of now my step sons first test result came in and he has severe anemia. Hopefully, he will be going in the hospital tomorrow, but he is so stubborn I don't want to get my hopes up to high. I would rather him be in the hospital for Christmas than at home where he will probably drink. Keep him in your prayers.

We are getting a lot of snow today, it is so pretty.

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Sandy i will keep your step son in my prayers.

Ellli, I am so happy about your grandbaby. Will keep the grandbaby in my prayers also.

Marie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: about the cookies.......they didn't taste nearly as good as peanut butter on the spoon right out of the jar:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: elli, I am so happy to hear that the new grandbaby is growing......I will continue to send warm thoughts of health in his/her direction.

:flowerforyou: to everyone who is challenged by holiday food
    "most people worry too much about what they eat between Christmas and New Year's Day when they should be paying more attention to what they eat between New Year's Day and Christmas"

:flowerforyou: we have some food adventures coming up this week
    salad potluck after line dance tomorrow, cake at line dance on Thursday, turkey dinner on Friday and another turkey dinner on Saturday.
    the turkey and stuffing will be the big temptation for me.......fortunately I'm not the one cooking eityher turkey so I won't have to worry about the tasting or the leftovers

:flowerforyou: we had frost, then freezing rain, then sunshine today so I was able to take the dogs to the dog park for an hour this afternoon.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I'm imagining Daisy playing in the snow and thinking of what a beautiful sight she is and then, of course, how a white dog shows all the dirt.......I'm sure our dogs are dirty but the dirt doesn't show on them the same way:laugh: ...perhaps this last health scare will be what your son needs to have his "moment of clarity"

:flowerforyou: Beth, good luck on your race and good luck on your new eating plan....you've got the focus to do it.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, I love all the versions of "A Christmas Carol" I recorded a couple of them to watch while I ride the exercise bike this week.

:flowerforyou: Ellen, I'm glad you have your loved ones to celebrate with

:flowerforyou: Marie, yes, I lost one more pound........two more to go to reach my goal (unless I change it again :laugh: :laugh: ) I think your new eating plan is going to result in the weight loss you've been seeking.......you've been very faithful to this new plan.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from Snowy Saskatchewan. I hope it quits snowing tomorrow as I do need to make one more run into the city. I forgot to stop at the butcher shop for my brisket and I still need to pick up a few gifts. I will need to review my dinner again to make sure I have everything. My baking hasn't been going great. I haven't made much and my last effort got overcooked, ugh!! I have decided I am really more of a savory cook than a baker. I think we will have 17 to dinner on the 25th and we have changed our get-together from the 26th to the 27th so that my nephew and oldest son can be here. I think we will have 22 (and counting) for dinner that day. I am glad to have a break between the two days! My sister will be bringing baking for dessert so that will help and I asked her to make a salad for the 27th.

I was planning to do my wrapping tonight but Dave and I got watching a movie and then I ran out of energy. I will wrap tomorrow morning which will also remind me if I need anything else. I am such a sloppy baker that my kitchen floor is crying out for a wash so will have to get that done as well.

I am thinking of you all and sending prayers where needed. So happy to hear the news of the baby, Elli.

Must get to bed. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :smile: :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    "most people worry too much about what they eat between Christmas and New Year's Day when they should be paying more attention to what they eat between New Year's Day and Christmas"

I absolutely love this quotation Barbie, it makes so much sense I am going to read it everyday to remind myself. Thanks for sharing with us. :heart: :heart:

Gayla, I am exhausted from readiing about all the cooking you will be doing for so many people. My Christmas Eve consists of four of us. Christmas Day there will be five. I do miss the big family holiday gatherings we used to have with my first marriage, but life goes on and we move forward. :bigsmile:

Elli, I know your busy with big crowds also, but I hope you have time to pop in and know that we are all thinking of you and your new grand baby. :heart:

Marie, I hope the blood work came back good and the doctor told you how proud he was of you. :heart: :heart:

Busy morning, picking up my grand daughter for dance and then to the orthopedic with my husband. Will check in later.

Sandy
  • elli
    Options
    Marie, Barbie, Sandy, Gayla - You guys ROCK! Thank you ALL so much for your warm thoughts and prayers for the teeny person growing inside my dil! I'm VERY excited! i got them a little "let it snow" pj's for a present.:happy: They're leaving today for Albuquerque - i'm a little bit worried about them driving in all that snow - but my son has a big pick up and he's a great driver, plus the pass will get shut down if it's too awful........They'll be fine.

Gayla - omg - you're doing SOOOOO much cooking! I hope you get lots of help with all those people around! How's Neil doing?

Barbie - when you were talking about Daisy playing in the snow it made me think about Blizzard. He was my younger boy's dog - a beautiful Great Pyrenees. When it snowed he looked like just black eyes, a nose and mouth out there! it was too cute! He was a great dog. Thank you so much for the quote. I'm going to try and be kind to myself and once the holidays are done i'm determined to get back on track! You're inspirational!!!!!!!

Sandy - I sure hope your stepson agrees to go into the hospital today. It sounds like he REALLY needs to be there. Plus then, like you said, he won't drink and you won't have to worry about him so much.......

We had our "first" office party this morning - since the part time employee won't be in tomorrow - this is her first Christmas with us. She was cute and so excited about her gifts - like a little kid! it was fun. Tomorrow is our regular office party, then off early to get dinner ready for the kids and myself - seafood and italian sausage lasagne. Then son's g/fs parents x-mas day, then the OTHER kids (the pg ones!) on new years day! I think i'm done baking for the most part - handed out lots of cookie tins to friends and neighbors, and an apple carmel cake for the kids that helped me the MOST on the house........i love this time of year! Speaking of which we have SNOW!!!!!!!! lots of it! it's SOOOOOOO pretty!

Thank you all again - for your neverending support, warmth and prayers. You are all truely a gift in my life! I'm going to try and keep in touch at least a little during the holidays - everyone i'm wishing you family, friends, good times, love, peace and harmony (there's my old hippie roots coming through!:laugh: ) May we all find ways to make our world a better place!
    :heart: elli