Sixers Heading into the Holidays WK 6 (final week)

Options

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I haven't really had a lot of time to post, but come here a couple of times to day to read your updates. Very inspiring, encouraging, and motivating. THANK YOU!

My :noway: this week is that I have actually gotten below my goal weight for this challenge, a weight I haven't seen since I got my gallbladder removed 3 years ago. I've never been a scale obsesser because it never told me what I wanted. But I find myself weighing myself a couple of times a day the past couple of days because I'm just shocked and I keep thinking it's wrong.

Halfway into this challenge, after reading the little changes everyone was making, I decided to make a few of my own. Very simple things. I upped my calories to 1400 so that I was scheduled to only lose 0.5. I joined the no late night binging group and simply by consciously stop eating, have done well. And I have cut out wheat products (bread, cookies, cakes, donuts) but not sweets or starches. I had an intolerance when I was a kid.

Now the benefits: I looked at my "Check-In" weight there weeks ago and I am actually 3 lb less. I haven't been exhausted and can actually go through several days in a row without a nap. The bags under my poor 35 year old eyes have decreased dramatically. I'm not feeling depressed (this is a bad time of year). I am feeling even, dare I say it :blushing:, sexy (which my husband is benefiting from). It's really weird. I'm not hungry. I don't feel deprived. And I feel pretty darn good.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded message. I just think I needed to see it down in print in front of me. Now, I just need to step away from the scale and see what happens on Tuesday. I'm REALLY excited about the next challenge.

Thank you guys so much for doing this with me, inspiring me, and getting my butt in gear FINALLY. You are AWESOME:drinker: !
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    lulabell and pdxmom (anyone else w/gallbladder removed) are you finding it harder to lose weight after it came out? i sure am. i can be super good for a week and only drop .2 or something. very discouraging. just wondering. i hear some people have a super hard time after it.

busy day for me today, back later.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    lulabell and pdxmom (anyone else w/gallbladder removed) are you finding it harder to lose weight after it came out? i sure am. i can be super good for a week and only drop .2 or something. very discouraging. just wondering. i hear some people have a super hard time after it.

busy day for me today, back later.
    Hi Chipper. After having my cholecystectomy, the pain was gone, but I had some massive other problems. I would bloated, distended, not able to have bowel movements but every five to seven days. Had some tests done and they couldn't find anything. So I cut out meat and found that helped a little bit. But I went from 133 to 147 within like 3 months. Some of it was my eating, but even when I did really good, the weight would stay the same. Some people said maybe it was because I'm in my 30s and my metabolism slowed down. So I joined a gym two years ago. Got muscle, and I think it helped me not gain MORE weight, but definitely wasn't losing anything. Then I'd get extremely frustrated and overindulge because I was depressed. I guess that's why I am SO EXCITED about finally being able to say I'm in the 130s again. For me, I find if I eat even a piece of bread (a wheat product) my body will rebel big time - and yet that was what my body was craving. Nope, not just one donut. A box of them. I feel good about at least having self-control the past 3 weeks. Let's hope it continues.

I would suggest maybe tweaking what you are taking in, realizing your body is missing a major filtering organ now. Just take out one thing for one week and see if you feel any different. If not, then try something else the following week. That's what I had to do.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    p.s. Boy, am I wordy this morning. Way too much caffeine I'm assuming. Must disconnect from the IV.

Have a great weekend guys!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good job lulabell ! You are doing fantastic!! I enjoyed reading your post and yes I agree that we need to do some tweaking on ourselves and what works for one may not work for another! I do not eat bread but once every so often because I get sooo bloated from it (I think it is the yeast)! I wish you a happy weekend and go do something FUN!!!!!
    Verda
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    lulabellewoowoo: That's great! I guess our bodies can only rebel for so long -- I'm going to keep that in mind. :laugh:

I'm feeling discouraged. I did a scale check-in this morning and I'm down to 227 (half a pound down from last week) but I still have 3 pounds to go by Tuesday. I have a feeling that I'm not going to make it to 224 by Tuesday and then the week after that, I'm going to lose a few pounds. I haven't worked out since Tuesday night, but I am planning to work out today.

I did have a proud moment yesterday. I was having a rough afternoon and ate some candy (which is something I haven't done for emotional reasons for at least a few weeks). I felt like the day was just blown, but I ended up logging the candy, and then tried to make my dinner work as best as possible with the calories I had left. I did go a little over, but I'm proud that I didn't just throw away the day because of a few hundred calories of afternoon candy.

Other than yesterday's candy, I've been eating very healthy and clean. I've cut out the frozen dinners completely and stayed away from canned vegetables (because of the sodium), haven't been eating out as much, and I've been planning my food the night before. I'm sticking with it. If I don't get down to 224 this challenge, I definitely will during the next 6 weeks!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i PASSED my test today...........:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Yay!!! Cathy, I knew you could do it and I'm soooooooooooooooo proud of you!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • drtamm
    Options
    Lulabelle- Congrats. That is soooo great. Your progress and learning how to cope w/ bad habits have made you a successful lifestyle changer. You are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the great work

Ali- All of your changes to your diet WILL get you results. Remember our bodies sometimes drop the weight when its ready, you know, a mechanism to keep us from STARVING. However don't we all wish we had a DONT GET TO BIG mechanism. Maybe you can commit to more days of fitness per week. Do you already have a set amount of days per week you do? I know you will reach your goal. Keep pushing!!!

Verda- If occasional bread will get me ABS like yours even by my 30th birthday I'll be too elated. You look great and keep motivating us!

As for me.... I hit a spot in the day were I was reading the paper and talking on the phone and on the computer and a SABOTAGING thought came across my mind. WHAT IF I DONT EXERCISE. LOL! The book I'm reading has helped me with that. I know I need to exercise to reach my goal therefore I DO IT!!! I feel so great when its done, its no wonder I ever stall. I did a 45 min walking dvd and my magic 100 series. I'm so proud that I didn't get stuck doing everyday life things and forget my goals. Do you know how easy it is to do that. Sometimes I wish I would just evolve into a morning person, workout, make breakfast, read some bible scriptures all before work but I barely have time to get on my clothes. I need to change this part about myself. SNOOZE is killing me and making me CHOSE to LOSE so much time in my day. VENT!!!! However, I bought a new alarm clock so maybe I'll start doing better.

Thanks for listening and lets end this year strong ladies!!!

Tamm
  • vhuber
    Options
    i PASSED my test today...........:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

AWESOME way to go girl!!!!! Yeah!!!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Lulabelle- Congrats. That is soooo great. Your progress and learning how to cope w/ bad habits have made you a successful lifestyle changer. You are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the great work

Ali- All of your changes to your diet WILL get you results. Remember our bodies sometimes drop the weight when its ready, you know, a mechanism to keep us from STARVING. However don't we all wish we had a DONT GET TO BIG mechanism. Maybe you can commit to more days of fitness per week. Do you already have a set amount of days per week you do? I know you will reach your goal. Keep pushing!!!

Verda- If occasional bread will get me ABS like yours even by my 30th birthday I'll be too elated. You look great and keep motivating us!

As for me.... I hit a spot in the day were I was reading the paper and talking on the phone and on the computer and a SABOTAGING thought came across my mind. WHAT IF I DONT EXERCISE. LOL! The book I'm reading has helped me with that. I know I need to exercise to reach my goal therefore I DO IT!!! I feel so great when its done, its no wonder I ever stall. I did a 45 min walking dvd and my magic 100 series. I'm so proud that I didn't get stuck doing everyday life things and forget my goals. Do you know how easy it is to do that. Sometimes I wish I would just evolve into a morning person, workout, make breakfast, read some bible scriptures all before work but I barely have time to get on my clothes. I need to change this part about myself. SNOOZE is killing me and making me CHOSE to LOSE so much time in my day. VENT!!!! However, I bought a new alarm clock so maybe I'll start doing better.

Thanks for listening and lets end this year strong ladies!!!

Tamm

OH Tamm you are so sweet!! You know what? I did not use to be a morning person either, I stayed up late so I had some ME time and then my kids got into school and had to be on the bus by 7:10 each morning. I made myself be a morning person because I have one child to even this day who does not listen to us and is grumpy around us all the time, with that being said, I would not let 2 people be crabby or a war would have been on!!! Now even with no one here but my husband who is a very early riser (this morning 4a.m.) I am up usually by 5 so I can once again do a ME time! That involves my online newspaper, daily devotional reading, lot's of coffee and a workout! I live 27 miles from town so when I leave I must have everything with me because there will be no running back home again! It is called priorities! I wish you success at getting up, maybe start posting us everyday what time you got up and what all you got done in that 1 hour earlier rise!!! Peace,
    Verda
  • ali258
    Options

YAY!!!!!
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Cathy! You must be so relieved. Best of luck to you in your new career!
    Susan
  • vhuber
    Options
    Got in my 2 workouts today. I am not bragging just trying to be accountable! I did 30 minutes (no actually it was 27. something cuz I had to quit to go help my hubby do something NOW) and then I went on again tonite for 40 minutes while watching Snow White with my three yr old grandson! Boy have not seen that in quite a few years, but he liked it!!! Have a good night sixers's!
    Verda
  • ali258
    Options
    I worked out early this afternoon, and then I felt much better about weight loss and myself in general. It's funny how getting all of those happy exercise chemicals going will do that. Then I totally shocked myself by going to watch the SEC Championship game at a restaurant (very sad since my team lost) and ordered roasted chicken and steamed broccoli for dinner. And I drank a lot of water instead of diet coke. Apparently, I've now accepted that going to a restaurant in itself is not a special occasion, and diet soda is not the only low calorie drink option. So, even if I don't lose 3 lbs by Tuesday, I'm making some big changes.
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    YES! Cathy, I am having a very hard time losing weight after my gallbladder is out. My friend who had hers out a few weeks later has the unfortunate(or fortunate in a way:laugh: ) side effect of anything fatty or greasy running right through her. I am the opposite. Now that it is out I can actually handle those things. My eating lately has been horrible and I know getting that under control is a must!

I am right there with you Chipper!:cry:
  • drtamm
    Options
    Verda- Good job multitasking and thanks for the advice about the mornings. I'm sure posting about it will be a funny read for everyone involved... all the sixers but I may just try that. Two workouts make you feel like you are going somewhere fast. Proud of you. Keep up the good work!!!

Susan- How are you doing?

Ali- Good job on the food ordering.

Well ladies... I rested as long as I could this morning and now I guess I'm off to get the sunday paper and then wrap some gifts and then make some nice meals for the week. Yes.... I'm trying to meal plan for this week. LOL. Oh and of course.... gonna try to get my water in earlier in the day!

Thanks for always being here when I need you!!!

Tamm
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Sorry I haven't been on this past week but I wasn't feeling it if you know what I mean. I didn't workout once and ate what ever I wanted. I even drank soda which is something I don't drink at all. Don;t ask what got into me ...... I don't even know. But now I am back and ready to start a fresh week...

Cathy So glad to have you back too. CONGRATS I knew you could past that test!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

To Everyone Else Hope all is well and Happy Sunday

Kel:heart:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Kel- I know exactly what you mean! I have those days, or weeks even sometimes too! I am in that kind of funk right now. I think it is because I am fastly approaching another birthday. I told myself last year, this time, I would not be like this for another birthday but here I am! All my fault but still very hard to accept!

We have had a wonderful weekend. We went to our beach house on the Oregon Coast Friday night. We got a wood cutting permit. Yesterday, for 5 hours, we cut and hauled wood. I had to have burned a huge amount of calories! Today we are back home and now must unload and stack it all. Then we are heading out for the Christmas tree. I always try to get my Christmas card picture when we get the tree. I am hoping this puts me in the spirit because so far I just am not!:grumble:

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! Cant wait to start the new challenge!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    what a crappy day.

oh, hello all good afternoon, not!!!

ok, now i will be nice. went and did the weeks grocery shopping. planning the week out. i get my new roof on wed. meet with the broker tomorrow. figure he will be right by the gym so killing two birds with one trip and doing both while there. don't need to dress for him. he's going to be at his day care working. now, workout first or see him first. hump i hate making up my mind.

nothing else new here. just a cold day, can't keep the fire lit either. keeps going out.

tamm, now i can really dive into that book.

later