WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER

Options

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Fancydog,

I don't know of any websites for clothing swapping, but there are some options. Some resale shops will take in your clothing in exchange for credit toward other items you can choose, or some will pay you cash outright for things that you no longer want.

If you don't have such an option in your area, the other thing I can suggest is donate to Goodwill or St Vincent De Paul or Salvation Army. If you can itemize charitable deductions on your taxes, make a list of what you donate to support your deduction. Those three places are also good sources of replacement clothing. I spent less than $100 at Goodwill recently and greatly expanded my collection of pants and sweaters that fit. since the most I paid for anything was $7, I can donate them back when they are too big and have no regrets.

Good luck!!!

Barb
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: SheilaJane, don't worry about the over-eating that you did. Just drink extra water. I don't think that you did any harm.

I always donate my clothing to the Goodwill store. And then I drive around to the front of the store, go in, and buy more clothes.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :smile: Had a good day yesterday. Stayed on plan and got my workout in. Still struggling a bit with the water part but doing better.

We had a little snow yesterday It is very pretty but is starting to melt. Supposed to be around 40 today, which will be nice after all the freezing weather we've had.

My daughters and I are going to start on the gingerbread house scene for the contest where Mary works. They are the "cheater" kind--premade pieces:wink: . Still, it should be fun--especially since I really don't care for most of the candies we have for decorating! :laugh:

Have a good day, all!

Kathy (pmj)
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I did the happy dance when I got on the scale and had dropped 1.5 pounds!

trying to talk hubby into walking with me.

Have given Granny her bath and I want to get some exercise in before I get my shower.

BBL

Cindy
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    I have been awol for a few days. Been very busy. spent the day shopping Sat and most of Sund. Went to the wake last night. Got to see all of my aunts, uncles, cousins havent seen for a long time. At least funerals bring family together.
    Did pretty good all week until yesterday. Ate a little more than I should have. Have not been logging my food for few days. Need to get back to it. this site really helps. When I stay away I dont do as well. Have not been sleeping as well as I should so find myself tired during the day. Need to get back on track. good to hear from so many of you. New people welcome. You will love this site. Hope to log on later.
    Vicki M
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Rebel Renny ... so sorry about your Mom's heart attack. Hope she recovers quickly.

Hello everyone and Happy Monday. Down a pound in spite of having difficulty getting back on track with my regular daily exercise and logging my food AND going to the neighborhood holiday gathering last night. So, I too, am happy. Only three pounds to go for the magical 40 pounds lost. I tend to give myself a special "pamper me" reward at the 10 pound milestones...I'll have to think carefully about this next reward.

Not getting my daily treadmill in isn't as bad as it sounds though, as I have been making a point of digging in to housework (running the vacuum, cleaning bathrooms, changing beds, doing laundry and putting up/out some Christmas decorations) on my off treadmill days so my house is beginning to look better which is helping lift my mood somewhat. A messy house messes with my moods...wierd but true.

My son, Greg arrived from California on Friday for about 10 days. He has to leave to go back on the 20th so we are having an early Christmas on the 18th (hubby's birthday is the 18th as well). It is just wonderful to have one of my sons home even close to Christmas, so I am not complaining.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

:heart: :smile: :heart: Terri
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations, Cindy. Keep up the good work.

:flowerforyou: Kathy, the snow icing on those gingerbread houses are too much a temptation for me.:smile:

:sad: Vicki M., it is so sad that we don't see out relatives until times like these.

:flowerforyou: Terri, spend as much time as you can with your son. I know how it is to not have them close to us. I have one in Florida and I live in Ohio. It has been three years since I have seen him. Thank goodness for the internet.:heart:
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Greetings to all my MFP's. Hopefully the snow will stay around until my college kids get home. They want to see some snow. They go to college in SC. We had our Sunday School Christmas Program last night and all I had for refreshments was a plate of veggies! My son thought his plate full of chocolate goodies looked better! Looking forward to our family reunion. I have 14 children! With spouses, grandchildren and fiancee's we will have 26!! It will be good!! Till next time, thinking of each of you and praying for you all!:flowerforyou:
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: SheilaJane, don't worry about the over-eating that you did. Just drink extra water. I don't think that you did any harm.

I always donate my clothing to the Goodwill store. And then I drive around to the front of the store, go in, and buy more clothes.

Hope you are right, but if I did add a pound or 2 I should have it off by Friday (my weigh in day). Just finished a Michelina's lean gourmet flatbread chicken club and took a long walk this morning........an hour and a half to be exact. It's amazing how far and fast you can walk when you are mad at somebody........:(:mad: :explode: :angry: :devil: :frown: Oh well, at least all that energy went into something constructive.....:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Terri: congrats on the 'ALMOST 40' milestone !! You should treat yourself !! Enjoy having your son at home. There's nothing like family during the holidays......well, SOME family.........:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Barb: I'm definitely off the pizza before bedtime......I hate those crazy dreams.:grumble: :grumble: How sweet of the owners of your parents home to keep you updated on the changes they are making. They obviously have a lot of respect for your dad's handywork.

:flowerforyou: Renny: glad your mom is doing better. We'll keep praying for her.

:noway: I always do my shopping at Goodwill or a consignment shop when I'm in the weightloss mode. I just hate to pay high prices for clothes that I know I won't be wearing for very long. It's also alot easier to give them back to Goodwill when you only paid a few dollars for them..........:happy:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Renny - I am so sorry about your mother, and glad to hear she is doing better! Praying for all of you.

Even with all of my exercise plans, I stayed the same this week. Oh, well, it wasn't a gain, and I will hang in there!

If anyone wants some music to get in the Christmas spirit, you can go to my church's website and listen to the duet that my daughter and I sang with our guitars for the service yesterday. Just scroll down to the bottom selection, where it says Mary and Jenny Christmas Music. She is singing soprano and I am singing alto. http://www.1stcc.org/music.html

Happy Monday to all!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Got the houses put together for decorating later. It has been YEARS since I've done this!

My arms ache more than they did when I started working out with weights!:laugh: Forgot about the icing in the bag part! (Don't have a problem with the white icing--little too sweet for my taste!:tongue: ) I feel totally worn out but there's a while before we do the rest.

Kathy (pmjsmom)
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening all, I was doing so good.:smile: I did the Leslie Sansone 4 mile Intensity Walk and the One Mile Muscle Walk....and I felt wonderful:happy: ......and then I ate a piece of that Chocolate Cake :cry: (NO FROSTING) (It was left over from my daughter in-laws bridal shower, it was a HUGE, home made, very moist and DELICIOUS cake and there is a lot left. Of course she brought it home, cause they live here.) :devil: I don't know why I can't resist temptation. :devil: I wish they would eat it, give it away or throw it away. :sick: I think if it is still there tomorrow, I am going to suggest they offer it to their friends, relatives or a stranger on the street, give it to the birds. JUST PLEASE, PLEASE get it out of the house............:smokin: AHHHHHH I feel much better now.:wink: I will be praying tonight for God to put his arm around my shoulder and his hand across my mouth, when ever I am near that cake. Good night all :yawn: :bigsmile: :yawn: :bigsmile: :yawn: Rosemary
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello Everyone was under the weather this weekend and ate sweets:frown: which I usually don’t do more of a salty girl. Worked out twice today so that was good. :bigsmile: Also went to my nieces Commisioning as 2nd Lt. in the Air Force she graduated with honors from Ga. Tech Aerospace engineering the brains in the family. She will be stationed in Colorado we are all very proud of her.:bigsmile:

Renny I am so sorry about your mother:flowerforyou: my mom had heart surgery in August we thought we would lose her but she is doing very well considering she is 80. I will definitely keep you both in my prayers.

Jeannie so sorry about your son keep us posted I hope it is nothing serious.:flowerforyou:

Barb loved the story what a great Christmas gift for you to know that the love warmth and family will continue in your family home.:bigsmile:

Way to go Cindy weight loss during this season is a reason to dance the happy dance.:smokin:

Terrie way to go with the weight loss and enjoy your time with your son I know how much us moms need our adult ( babies) .:flowerforyou:

Dobbiedoo did you say you have 14 children:bigsmile: wow your house must have been so fun action everywhere. Have a great time with everyone. :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work everyone one day at a time and we will make the changes we strive for.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Lynn
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Barb - That is such a nice story about your old house. It makes me feel warm inside. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sheilajane- tomorrow is another day and soon all the Christmas parties will be over. Good luck staying within your calories tomorrow.

Cindy & Terry – Congratulations on the weight loss! Way to go. You ladies rock!

Doobiedoo- The family reunion sounds like a blast. I hope your not doing the cooking and can relax and enjoy your family.

Rosemary - If you work in an office, just bring the cake in and put it in the breakroom with some plates and forks. It will disappear and your co-workers will think you are being nice and thinking of them. Works every time.

Have a nice evening everyone and here's to good choices tomorrow:drinker:

Jeannie
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, Life has kept me off the computer the past few days. I do appreciate reading your comments. I always get off the site feeling refreshed and renewed in my weight loss efforts. I am sorry to hear about everyone's losses and stresses in their families. We are all in our fifties and will have to deal with so much pain as our parents/relatives age. I feel very blessed to see all the love and support you ladies give one another.:heart: I am struggling to maintain my weight this month. I am up two lbs.!:sad: I need to drink more water...I just have a harder time drinking water when it is cold...anyone have good suggestions? Does tea count as part of your water intake?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Eava, I found out that drinking enough water takes practice. I found out by accident that room temperature water was easier for me to drink so I keep a glass of water on the kitchen counter all the time and drink it a little at a time. I made a rule for myself that I can't log on to MFP unless I drink 8 ounces of water first :laugh: someone on this thread suggested keeping a piece of paper and pencil near the water and making a tally mark for every eight ounces. I drink herb tea and count it as water and I don't drink coffee, pop, caffeinated beverages
    only water and herb tea.

I had a bit of a pig out with Kashi cereal tonight and unless I stay on the exercise bike or do exercise videos 'til bedtime, I probably won't make up all the calories :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

today my line dance group performed at two assisted living places.....we were dressed in festive clothes and had a great time.

hugs :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, your dancing sounds so fun. I love to dance, which is why I am in a Zumba class.:smile:

:flowerforyou: Eava, I also have a time drinking all the required water. I just tell myself that I am not to drink anything else until I have all my water down me. I do like it cold, though. I like to put Crystal Lite in it also. I did count my tea, that I had on Sunday, in with my totals.

I am doing better this week, since seeing my doctor. The scales at the doctor's office were not nice to me. I like the ones at the YMCA much better. I will be seeing a different doctor on the 28th. Can't wait to see what his scales say.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :happy: My mom is being released from hospital today. :happy:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers !! It's amazing to know that women in North America are praying for a woman far away in Holland they don't even know. :flowerforyou:

:heart:

Renny
  • pmjsmom
    Options

If anyone wants some music to get in the Christmas spirit, you can go to my church's website and listen to the duet that my daughter and I sang with our guitars for the service yesterday. Just scroll down to the bottom selection, where it says Mary and Jenny Christmas Music. She is singing soprano and I am singing alto. http://www.1stcc.org/music.html

Happy Monday to all!

Beautiful! Thank you for the link.
    Kathy (pmjsmom)
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    :happy: My mom is being released from hospital today. :happy:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers !! It's amazing to know that women in North America are praying for a woman far away in Holland they don't even know. :flowerforyou:

:heart:

Renny

I'm so glad your mom is getting out of the hospital today. I hope she continues to do well.
    Kathy (pmjsmom)