WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: WELCOME to the thread for Women in their 50’s (or thereabouts). Actually, all women are welcome. We are a group of women who gain support and encouragement from others who are facing some of the same challenges. This has turned out to be a very helpful tool for many. I have met many new friends on this thread. So once again, welcome!

How did you do on your goals for November? What are your goals for the month of December? This month could be a challenge for us with the holidays approaching. We can help each other be accountable. Visit daily to encourage and to be encouraged. We’re here for each other.

This thread and this group of women changed my life. I hope you have a similar experience.

I have a rule for myself that I have to drink a cup of water before I can log on. :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker:

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    For my Nov. goals, I did eat healthy 75% of the time but it felt like I didn't. I did call the accountant, but I'm waiting for him to call back. I didn't swim or bike the IMAZ courses but I did bike part of it. I did add 3 old friends to Facebook and Linked in and I didn't have a holiday gain.

For Dec. I am going to keep my goals to not gain and eat healthy 75% of the time and add in a goal of not going all Clark Griswold over the holidays and to eat more protein and drink more water.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    I didn't make a weight loss goal for November, but I lost 4 pounds anyway. :bigsmile:
    I got much better doing my exercise videos---a friend from MFP sent me two VCR tapes of Leslie Sansone and I have them in the guest room so I can put one on anytime even if it's just for 15 minutes......I do the Richard Simmons in the living room:bigsmile:
    We did yoga only once all month:sad: so I'll continue to try to make that part of my routine.
    My other goal was "never, never, never give up" and I didn't give up:bigsmile:
    So I guess my score on November goals was "Good":bigsmile:

My goals for December will be yoga and exercise videos again and to say "no" to Christmas cookies.....I'm not going to set a weight loss goal because I'm hoping to be adding muscle along with shedding the rest of the fat. And, of course, I want to keep on posting my food and exercise, drinking a lot of water, and keeping in touch with all of you.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: :heart: Barbie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I had to go to a meeting so I didn't finish.

I never would have called the accountant, if it weren't for this thread. I didn't want to have to post that I hadn't done it in Nov. :laugh:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Thanks Barbie for starting the December thread!:flowerforyou:
    Hope to catch up a little now that I have a slow day. I'm alone in the office and there's next to nothing to do.

I won't know how I did for November YET as I get weighed on Wednesdays. My food has been good, but for some strange reason, I feel bloated. It might be because I ate different foods, like things with sugar and butter (in very small amounts) during the Holiday, and maybe my system's just not use to them any more. I'll know tomorrow. :ohwell:

But to all struggling, I say it's a new month!!! :flowerforyou: Give yourself a great gift this month, and that's the gift of a positive attitude! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Nothing.....no holiday, party, leftovers etc. taste better than making choices that will bring you positive self esteem! I think we all lack a little in the department, for one reason or another, I know I do, :blushing: but in this department (unless there are serious health issues and/or restrictions) WE ARE IN CHARGE! No one every put a bite of food into MY mouth but ME!! So only I can change it:happy:
    I commend those who are struggling and keep getting up and posting! :flowerforyou: Your determination will pay off... if you are steadfast!!Good for you!!!

For all those doing well.... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

May today and this month, bring you all happiness, fullfilment, discernment to make healthy choices, the faith to do it and a real dose of confidence and positive self esteem! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You can do it....One Day at a Time.......if you decide to! It all starts with a decision and then focus!!

Talk to you soon!

BirdieM :heart:
  • For November I was 1 pound short of my weight loss goal with a total loss of only 3 pounds. If I hadn't indulged in all the Thanksgiving yummies I would have exceeded it, as I regained weight I had already lost....

My December goal is to continue to eat healthy even when surrounded by high calorie, low nutrition foods. I'm determined to weigh less at the end of December than I do right now!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Barbiecat,

I went back to the November thread and posted a link to December so no one gets "lost" in the wilderness of cyberspace looking for us!!:laugh:

I ended up with a net loss of 4.5 lbs for November. The last weekend kind of through me off track, but I am back on the pony as of yesterday.

I have taken to calling my three doggies the "three little pigs" but maybe the "Three Pupketeers" would be "kinder":heart::laugh: This morning about 5 am, I felt someone walking on my shoulder. It was Bradley, trying to walk over me to jump off the bed. Unfortunately, in the dark, he lost his bearings and tried to jump off at the head instead of the foot end, and landed in a heap due to the lack of space next to the head of the bed on my side. Poor baby. I helped him smooth his ruffled feathers and he did manage to get outside, which was his original intention. He came back and snored away, but I didn't sleep so well after that, and dozed with the tv news on.

It is nice and sunny :glasses: today, so I need to get moving and get the doggies and myself out the door.

Barb
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    I ended up loosing one pound overall for November. I went down 2, then up 2, then down 1. So it is down 1 for the month. So, I met my goal of not gaining for the month of November.

For December I am going to resist overeating over the holidays. As long as I weight the same as I did today on January 1rst, I will be happy.

Hopefully, I will manage to loose a pound!

I am changing my exercise goals from 30 minutes 4-5 times a week to 45 minutes 4-5 times a week. From 12/24 through 12/27 I am going to do 60 minutes each day. two days a week will include yoga and/or strength training.

Good luck to all of us!

Gratz to us all too! Being here working on our weight together and tracking our food is half the battle.

Jeannie
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    :flowerforyou: Good day to all of you!! Getting back on track is really a good deal! I feel better and I know I will start losing pounds again! A win-win situation!! Here's to my MFP friends!:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • I look at each of your tickers and the amount you have lost. It is quite amazing and inspirational.
    I easily lose track for weeks at a time and that gets me nowhere. Currently, I am so slammed at
    work that it's hard to make time to figure out food and exercise. The BF status has also pulled my
    spirits down. Soooooooooooooooo, here's hoping I can pull lots of good motivation and ideas
    from each of you.
  • End of November saw me up four pounds!! AACK – not the way I want the scale to go. I did OK most of the month and then Thanksgiving just nailed me. We did all the cooking, and then visited (and took the dinner) to my husband’s homebound parents. Good news is 3 of the 4 are already off. Maybe water retention – salty foods? Not sure, but started December with renewed commitment to hang on through December. Would like to lose 5 pounds, but with Christmas I’m not sure. Upped the exercise a bit, and really watching the water. I love everyone’s motivational comments . . . NEVER GIVE UP!!!
    143992.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • BirdieM
    I look at each of your tickers and the amount you have lost. It is quite amazing and inspirational.
    I easily lose track for weeks at a time and that gets me nowhere. Currently, I am so slammed at
    work that it's hard to make time to figure out food and exercise. The BF status has also pulled my
    spirits down. Soooooooooooooooo, here's hoping I can pull lots of good motivation and ideas
    from each of you.

It's a new day, arborsong...and you can do it with determination! Welcome aboard!:flowerforyou:
    BirdieM:wink:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Just a quick post to let you know I'm alive and well. Crazy busy - even more so because I'm heading out on Saturday for 10 days. I am going to Edmonton to watch the Canadian Olympic Curling Trials. I'm way excited because I have two brothers there and one of my sisters from here is going to. I have curled for 40 yrs and am totally into the sport - as is the rest of the family, so the thought of watching this calibre of curling 'live' and together as a group is great. It doesn't hurt any that my brother is totally sponsoring my trip.:heart: I'm a little concerned that I will miss my kids too much because I've only ever been away from them for a couple of nights at a time. With any luck they will appreciate me more when I come home. :wink:
    So weight wise I'm hanging in there. I have managed to do some Christmas baking and shopping and can safely say I'm on track for the holidays. Sadly nobody covers my workload while I'm away so I'll be swamped at work when I get back. Oh well such is life!!

Have a great month ladies. I'll try to check in but can't be too sure.

Heather
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Good afternoon ladies,
    December already. Wow how time flies. I did good on my November goals. I had no real weight loss but basically stayed the same. I did my exercise most days and ate pretty well. I usually always drink my water except when very busy. I plan to continue my exercise for the month of December and continue eating right. I will make more definite goals when I get home and have more time and can concentrate on it again. I have been doing pretty good this trip. We have not worked out for past 2 days except for walking with girls and keeping up with them. Just kind of been hanging out and eating when hungry and not really sticking to regular meal times. when I track my meals I have done good just different. Hope to blog again soon.
    Vicki M
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Happy December ladies !!

Barbiecat : Thanks for posting the new thread for December......I always get lost in cyberspace.....:)

Don't know how I did for November yet, I weigh in on Friday. I skipped last Friday since it was the day after T-giving. This week I've been doing good on the food but have a feeling I won't be losing any weight. I have a bladder infection and the best cure I've come up with is cranberry juice. I'm drinking tons of it every day and it is loaded with sugar !!!. Anyone have a better remedy ? If not better by the end of the week, I guess I'll go to the dreaded doctor......:(

BTW: where are my little smiley faces that I usually have to choose from on the left side of my screen ??? Anyone else lose them ?
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Happy December everyone,
    Just posing to pick up the thread. I will post November results and December goals so as I figure out my results.

Lianne
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    :flowerforyou: The smiley faces are on the right of the blue header. They make posting lots of fun!!:flowerforyou:
  • BirdieM
    I just posted my new picture which was taken on Thanksgiving Day this year, with my 3 beautiful daughters and my beautiful granddaughter!:love: While I was downloading the new pictures, I stumbled on the pictures taken this year when we went to Maine!!:noway: :noway: I know I got motivated to do something about my weight when I was there (in Maine) but now I know why:noway: :noway: I rarely take pictures but looking at these...even to me...they were eye openers!!! I had no idea just how noticible my weight gain was until I looked at them!:embarassed: (The last picture was also taken on TD this year, and the 2 before were the ones taken in Maine:noway: ) Thank God MFP was waiting for me upon my return from that trip!:love: It's been a wonderful and fruitful journey ever since:happy: Thank you MFP and all my special friends who are on this journey with me!:love:
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Well, I didn't really set a November goal, since I went MIA for a while when I was sick and somewhat down. I just checked to see how long - I posted on our group Oct. 20th, and then not again until Nov. 13th. Really, my November goal was to start posting again, so I guess I made that. I think that I lost 2 lbs. in November. Not as much as I wanted, but pretty good because I feel that I broke my barrier that the sickness was causing. My December goal is to try to increase my exercise, and hopefully lose about 5 pounds. I suppose that I should also say to survive Christmas without driving myself crazy trying to be Superwoman!

Anyway, I am grateful to all of you for keeping me going. Shalom!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Happy December ladies !!

Barbiecat : Thanks for posting the new thread for December......I always get lost in cyberspace.....:)

Don't know how I did for November yet, I weigh in on Friday. I skipped last Friday since it was the day after T-giving. This week I've been doing good on the food but have a feeling I won't be losing any weight. I have a bladder infection and the best cure I've come up with is cranberry juice. I'm drinking tons of it every day and it is loaded with sugar !!!. Anyone have a better remedy ? If not better by the end of the week, I guess I'll go to the dreaded doctor......:(

BTW: where are my little smiley faces that I usually have to choose from on the left side of my screen ??? Anyone else lose them ?

SheilaJane

They make low sugar cranberry juice. Oceanspray is one brand I know of, and there are others. I have seen it at Walmart, and Walgreens. Good luck with your infection.

Doobie gave you the answer to your missing "smiley faces":happy:

My doggies must be slipping. I was gone for about 5 hours and came home and no one had gotten in to anything!!!:drinker: Maybe the fact that I forgot to leave a light on and it was blacker than the inside of a cow kept them out of mischief--they couldn't FIND any trouble to get into as it was too dark!!!:laugh:

I still have to figure out what is for dinner around here.

Barb
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Arborsong- Welcome! Don’t let those BFs get you down.

Bradybrookes- It probably isn’t really 5 pounds. At 3k per pound that’s an awful lot of extra calories. Hang in there and the scale should go back down some soon.

Heather- I hope this gives you a good chuckle, but what is curling? Enjoy your trip and I hope you have access to a pc to keep in loose touch with us.

To everyone else- Good luck as you get to your check in days to see how you did last month. I think we are all doing better than we did in prior years and 2010 will be better yet.

Jeannie