WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER

Options

Replies

• Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I just love this group. I have been off a few days but I am on track today! I went to exercise and my calories are Under-limit (due to the exercise)! I didn't reach my goal for November but hope to maintain throughout December. I also will make exercising 3X's per week a goal. What I didn't lose in November I have gained on MFP. Thank you ladies for all your great stories and sharing. We are not alone in our struggle to get healthier!:happy:
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Yes, you are right barbiecat..........December is a challenging month. :grumble:
    I really didnt make a number to lose for November but I have lost weight every week. For me I consider that a success.!!
    For December my goal is to be down to 155 by Dec, 30 when I go in for my hysterectomy. That is a 5.50 more loss. Im sure I can do it in the 4 weeks that I have. No christmas cookies for me except only on christmas day. And I dont need to worry about the extra calories of the wine because I am off the wine until after my surgery. I can do this!!!
    angl:bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Barbie, thanks for including the link. The thread was so easy to find.

angl, think about the weight that you will lose during your hysterectomy. I know that it isn't fat but the scales should show some lose after wards.

About the bladder infection...I had my pharmacy recogment a pill that can be bought over the counter. I only took them for a few days but they worked. I peed a bright orange while on those pills.

I have lost the three pounds that I had gained over Thanksgiving. So glad. All I really needed to do was to drink more water.

My December goals are to pass on the sweets. Lose five pounds.
  • arborsong
    Options
    WATER!!! That is the consistent motto when I ready all of your posts. I am SOOOOOO bad about drinking water.
    You have motivated me to just do it! Just drink the water! It has to help!!!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options

Heather- I hope this gives you a good chuckle, but what is curling? Enjoy your trip and I hope you have access to a pc to keep in loose touch with us.

Jeannie

I think curling is more common in Canada although the US have some wonderful curlers. Its a little like shuffleboard on a large scale - on ice. Google it if you have time. Its a great game of strategy and finesse.
    Thanks for asking.

My son has his final Christmas Concert tonight. Its a great way to get in the spirit. Their highschool Senior Concert Band has 70 students and they are fabulous. It makes me tear up everytime to see them all in the school colours and playing so beautifully. My poor guy has a touch of bronchial infection and is a trombone player - not a good combination but he is determined to go.

Things are getting a little nuts for me but I will be thinking of my 'pals' on here even if I don't have a chance to post.

Take care

Heather
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks Swissmiss for the suggestion .......

"About the bladder infection...I had my pharmacy recogment a pill that can be bought over the counter. I only took them for a few days but they worked. I peed a bright orange while on those pills. "

I'll check with my pharmacist today. Peeing orange is better than gaining weight while drinking cranberry juice.

Got on my treadmill this morning for the first time in about a month or more. The weather has been so pretty I've been walking outside. But today I awoke to a nasty, dreary, rainy day. Broke out my new "SKETCHER SHAPE UPS" and climbed aboard. Only walked for 30 minutes but will try to get back on again later.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Two more hectic days and then I can relax and enjoy a clean decorated house, my family and this blessed Christmas season. Its only the second day of December and I'm already sick of how most everyone is afraid to say Merry CHRISTmas nowadays.

Like most of you, this will be a very challenging month. Saturday begins the first of the opportunities to overindulge with our church's annual Christmas brunch. Then Sunday night is the Praise Team Christmas party. I'm planning on taking a strawberry spinach salad and protein brownies so there will be something there I can actually eat.
  • janessmi
    Options
    Congratulations to all that achieved November goals. I met my weight loss goal of 5 lbs. I am very pleased with this because I eat in restraunts or away from home a significant % of my meals in November. So this tells me I can do reasonable good when eating out. I have been shying away from eating out. I exercised at a pretty good level except when traveling.

My goals for December is to lose 3 lbs the first 3 weeks and then maintain during the holiday traveling (10 days). I will be visiting my sister during this time. She is heavier than me. I sent her this website a couple weeks ago when I told her I watching what I eat. She loves to cook and entertain.

I was amazed on Monday when I weight in --- I was up 4 lb. And I know I did not eat that much. I noticed my sodium was way high for the whole weekend. So I pushed water Monday and Tuesday. I am back to where I was before thanksgiving. I have never noticed how much it really impacts me. The evil soduim is hidden in so many things and I love it. But need to learn to hate it.

Best wishes to all with the challenging month of December and all of the holiday parties and goodies. My mother makes bonket (spelling) for Christmas and I love it. So I have to figure out how to enjoy just a little. Like many desserts it is mostly egg and sugar.

Susan
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hello all;

I lost the thread and it took me a little while to find you all. Shows how inattentive I have been.:ohwell: My exercise program was interferred with by the flu and surgery on my jaws. I am well over that however and it is time to get back on the healthy life style journey. I am so glad mouth surgery is done and so thankful \ o / we live in a place where treatment is available.:bigsmile: |

I am not having weight loss as a goal again this month as my weight is all over the place daily. It varies as much as 6 pounds on any given day. I do not use much salt eat almost all homemade food and really don't know where this is coming from. One day 170 the next 176.:explode:

I will continue to drink my water and ramp my workouts back up to a higher level, both weights and cardio.

I do so enjoy reading all your posts, you all make such a lovely break in a hectic day, and it is so nice to catch up on the news in the neighborhood.

Prayers for all who are having family or relationship issues, as well as prayers for all who are ill, and thank you to all of you for being here and providing such wonderful faith filled support.:flowerforyou:

Alice
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :happy: I lost another 2lbs this week which brings my loss to 30 lbs! I’m so excited and rather blown away with these loses! I really am not doing anything crazy accept exercising 5-7 days a week (30 – 60 min on the treadmill), drinking my water and keeping my calories to 1200 (plus exercise calories on the days I exercise) and staying in touch with my MFP friends :love: as much as possible! It’s kind of a miracle, as, at 61 losing is usually slow and has always been slow for me!!:blushing: :bigsmile:

:heart: Heather: Sounds like you’re in for a real treat! I’m sure you’ll have a great time given the level of involvement you and your family are in with it!!!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Vicky: Given that you weren’t home in November, I think it’s amazing that you stayed the same!!! :flowerforyou: Congratulations and keep on focusing. You’re doing something right!!!:flowerforyou:

:heart: SheilaJane: The smiley faces are on top of the box you are typing in. It says “Add Smiley. I, too, couldn’t find them. Sorry about the bladder infection. :noway: Those are awful! :angry: I hope you get relief soon!:happy:

:heart: Mary: You DID reach your goal because you got back to posting!!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Jeannie: I’m glad I’m not the only one who didn’t know what “curling” is.:laugh:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie, Becky, Barb, Angl, SussyQ and Jeannie: I think anyone who lost ANY weight in November is a winner! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:heart: Eva: Good luck with your Dec. goals. YOU CAN DO IT!!!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Arborsong: Drink, drink, drink…..I’m sure that’s one of the secrets (although, not a secret at all) of losing!!! You can do it!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:heart: Susan: Congratulations on making your goal!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Alice: You’re smart to not have losing weight a goal. :ohwell: You have had quite a month, and I’m just glad that you’re getting better. :flowerforyou: Getting strong would seem, to me, like the best goal, as well as making the best choices you can under the circumstances! Good luck!

God Bless and have a great day everyone!!!!!!

BirdieM:heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BirdieM, I think it is terrific that you are able to lose so much weight. It does get so hard to do as we get older.

:flowerforyou: Alice, I feel your frustration with your weight varying so much. Mine has a tendency to do that also. I think that you will see a steady drop if you hold to it.

:flowerforyou: SuzyQ, thank you for reminding everyone that CHRISTmas is Jesus' birthday.

:flowerforyou: SheilaJane, you are welcome. I hope this helps. I was told to not stay on the pills for very long. They just make you comfortable until you can see a doctor. They really do work, though.
  • bradybrookes
    Options
    I started really concentrating on getting all the water down. So, I start the morning with one glass, and then every time I use the restroom, I drink another. The “using the restroom” is my memory trigger to get another glass. So far it’s working . . and so far the November 4 pounds are gone! Upped the exercise a bit too – trying to do a step aerobics video in the morning (5 am / cold garage!) and then 35 minutes on an elliptical. Feeling like I’ve got my mental control back. Amazing how so much of this is really a mental game . . . stay focused, stay motivated, stay on track with food. It all starts in the brain! Thanks everyone for your comments. Hoping December treats us all kindly!
    143992.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • BirdieM
    Options
    I started really concentrating on getting all the water down. So, I start the morning with one glass, and then every time I use the restroom, I drink another. The “using the restroom” is my memory trigger to get another glass. So far it’s working . . and so far the November 4 pounds are gone! Upped the exercise a bit too – trying to do a step aerobics video in the morning (5 am / cold garage!) and then 35 minutes on an elliptical. Feeling like I’ve got my mental control back. Amazing how so much of this is really a mental game . . . stay focused, stay motivated, stay on track with food. It all starts in the brain! Thanks everyone for your comments. Hoping December treats us all kindly!
    143992.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

I love the strategy!!!! You drink...then you have to go to the bathroom....but when you go to the bathroom....it reminds you to drink....which, inevitably will make you go to the bathroom... but then when you go to the bathroom....:laugh: :laugh: I love it!!! Good luck!!! Sounds like a great plan! I just might adopt it myself!!!!!
    BirdieM:bigsmile:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It has rained here all day. A cold steady rain.....I hope it stops soon.

I went on to the bowling alley this morning. Had a really good 1st game but the next 2 were just so so. God has a way of keeping a person humble.

My husband made my flight reservations to go to TX early Friday morning. My sister-in-law is still here and maybe I'll get there before she dies. I'm just putting that in God's hands. If I need to tell her bye in person He will keep her here till I get there and if not then I know I will see her again one day whole and happy & healed. Most of the family has gotten there already and the Hospice Angels are there around the clock.

I've kept to my calories pretty well this week and have done good with my water so I'll just keep at it taking things one day at a time.

I'll decide on my December goals when I get back home.

Cindy
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I read all the comments since the last time I posted. I sighed for those having problems, illnesses and issues. I laughed some too.

My son needs help with the "new math", so I need to go.

Have a great evening everyone!

Jeannie

PS: Curling sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we had a lake to try it on.
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening all, well I picked my mother in-law up from the hospital when I got off work yesterday. I drove her home, got her settled and then went to drop off her prescriptions at the pharmacy. While the Pharmacist was filling her prescriptions I went to Hardee's and got dinner. Drove back to her house to eat and wait til it was time to go pick up the medicine. It was about 5:50 and my cell phone rings.....it is my 19 year old daughters boss....she called an ambulance to take my daughter to the hospital...seems by daughter collapsed in pain...I met them at the hospital 6pm.......Patricia was in extreme pain...to make a long story short, she has a kidney stone..... OUCH. When she was discharged I drove to the all night pharmacy to get her prescription filled and to get her juice and bottled water. I drove her to her house, got her settled and then drove home. I got home and went to bed at 1:30am, got up at 5am to go to work. I am a LITTLE tired and slap happy.
    I am going to exercise and go to bed.

November goal:
    NOT to gain any weight over the holidays. I am at 176 as of this morning, November 1st
    Continue to exercise every day
    I am going to try walk at least 100 miles, didn’t reach 150 last month.
    Boy did I blow Novembers goals....big time
    Didn't walk a 100 miles:huh: :huh: :huh: and I gained 6 lbs:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I think some of it is water weight because of all the sauerkraut I ate.
    I know the next week or so is going to be crazy with taking my MIL to her doctors appointments. I am hoping it is not raining so while she is having her tests I can walk.
    I AM NOT SETTING GOALS for December
    Everyone be safe, be happy and keep up the good work. Prayer, Hugs and Love to all, Rosemary
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • BirdieM
    Options
    Cindy, I really feel for you. :cry: I think you have the right attitude. :ohwell: It definitely is in God's hands and if you don't make it in time, you will see her in eternity. But it isn't easy.:frown: They say that God will never test you beyond your strength....but sometimes it just feels like He's overestimating us. :frown: You will be okay and I will pray for all of you.:flowerforyou:

Rosemarie, you sure have your plate full...no pun intended! :laugh: Thank God your family has you! :flowerforyou: Take it One Day at a Time and do your best. No one, not even you, can ask for more. God speed!

Jeannie, hows the math coming????:laugh: I sure don't miss THOSE days. Good luck.

Good night all:smooched:
    BirdieM:heart:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    November came and went and I am glad it is behind me. I am just really tired still from the flu, but that won't last. I had started off well for November and lost 6 lbs but then gained 2 at the end.

My goal for December is to lose 4 lbs and get back into some exercising, which I had to give up temporarily.

Happy December!!
    Renny
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are addicted to watching curling during the winter olympics. It is the only time that it is on TV here, so we have to get our fix for four years. Anyone that I mention it to thinks that I am insane - they think it is boring. Heather, I'm jealous!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    My husband made my flight reservations to go to TX early Friday morning. My sister-in-law is still here and maybe I'll get there before she dies. I'm just putting that in God's hands. If I need to tell her bye in person He will keep her here till I get there and if not then I know I will see her again one day whole and happy & healed. Most of the family has gotten there already and the Hospice Angels are there around the clock.
    Cindy

Don't worry about December goals, Cindy. You have important things on your mind. My thoughts are with you and I know about Hospice Angels. They are angels indeed!!

Renny