WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER

Options

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Not doing too well on my healthy eating goal for Dec. Today I had carrot cake, toffee popcorn, cashews and chocolate crisps.

And nothing else.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    Not doing too well on my healthy eating goal for Dec. Today I had carrot cake, toffee popcorn, cashews and chocolate crisps.

And nothing else.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: WOW !!!! When you mess up, you really do it big......let's see...the cashews have protein and aren't popcorn and carrots a vegetable :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Bjerkins-Welcome! I was slow to loose too. It took me a while to really believe that I ate enough to weigh what I did. Just keep posting what your eating and your exercises and look for ways to get more for your calories and be consistent with the exercise. Posting here really helps. You will get a lot of good advice and a lot of support.

Kathy (pmjsmom) – Thanks for the good wishes for my daughter.

Barbie – I meant to tell you (a few weeks ago) that I saw some helpful hints you had posted in another forum group. They sounded like great ideas. You are really sweet to keep an eye out for people asking for help and always give such thoughtful responses.

Becky- What a great mom you are! Taking your daughter out for dinner for her birthday. I bet it will be a great memory. Good job on passing on the bread and dessert.

Fancydog – nice account name! Jump in when you can on the posts. We all get overwhelmed from time to time with all of them, then we just jump back in again. Good luck on meeting your goals. You are luck to have a gym where you work. I use to and will again in a few years when we get our new building.

MacMadame- Wow! My eyes would be blurry from all that sugar. I agree carrot cake and popcorn are veggies. Just wake up in the morning like nothing happened and have a good Sunday.

Jeannie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening all.:happy: Great news we were finally able to stop pumping and we have heat YEAH.:wink:
    :flowerforyou: The ladies at the church my daughter in-law and son go to had a bridal shower for her today. :smile: My sister came from Maryland last night to go to the bridal shower and we went shopping at Wal-Mart.:bigsmile: I decided I needed a new pair of jeans since the pair I have has gotten really baggy. I looked at all the styles and checked out the 14 petites and thought the legs looked kinda big so for kicks and giggles I told my sister I was going to try on a 12…and they FIT.:happy: OMG:bigsmile: I haven’t been able to put on a size 12 in almost 20 years. :smokin: I don’t know if I have lost any more pounds (I don’t have a scale that works at this time) but I sure have lost inches. I have gone from a size 18 pants to a size 12…a size 44 DD to a 42DD bra. I …am….. doin…….. the HAPPY DANCE.:smokin: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :glasses: After the shower my sister, daughter, daughter in-law, grandson and niece drove home with all the gift and I decided to walk the1.8 miles to my daughters house to help burn some calories. It was a little CHILLY but I felt great being in the fresh air and basking in the knowledge I am in a size 12.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :flowerforyou: To our newbies welcome to the greatest source of inspiration, encouragement and strength you can find on the internet. The ladies here will welcome you with open arms, never judge and always be there to pick you up if you fall.
    :cry: My dear MFP family, it seems as if this is truly the month of tears, laughter, reflection and birth. Many of us are dealing with illness and death within our own families and the families of friends. I am praying for each and every one of us. We have felt the sting of loss,:cry: the reflection of our lives with those we have lost which has brought us to tears :sad: and laughter:laugh: .
    :wink: Some of us are awaiting the birth of grandchildren and :brokenheart: mourning the death of children. May god bless and give us strength and peace in the weeks that follow. :heart: Love (((hugs))) and prayers for all, Rosemary
    Going to bed:yawn: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:yawn: I am very tired, stayed up half the night visiting with my sister.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I just have to tell you that I have been telling people for years that my two favorite vegetables are popcorn and peanut butter. (Usually they just look at me weird, like, is she serious?? OF COURSE I AM!!)

I made homemade granola bars today. They are really good, good for you, but not incredibly low calorie. However, I think they will make great snacks to fill me up.

I've got to get busy - way to much to do around here. Have a great weekend!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    My mom just had a heart attack. Tonight she is surviving. Will know more tomorrow. It's difficult to be 6000 miles away.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    My mom just had a heart attack. Tonight she is surviving. Will know more tomorrow. It's difficult to be 6000 miles away.
    Renny, I am so sorry to hear the news about your mom :sad: I hope you have a spiritual program and a friend to walk you through this tough time. And I wish your mom a speedy recovery :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: :heart: Barbie
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about your Mom. I will pray for her recovery and your comfort and strength. :heart: :heart: :heart: Alice
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :heart: Renny, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know when you hear anything.:heart:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    LaurelFisher – Way to go on the size 12!

Renny- I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. Before my parents moved in with us they lived 2K miles away. I know how you feel about being away. Keep us posted.

I started my Christmas shopping yesterday. Honestly, I put about half of what I picked up back. It's going to be a practical Christmas this year for presents. The mall was so crowded and draining that my daughter and I ended up only swimming for 30 minutes instead of our usual hour. I'm really trying to stay focused on planning meals 7 days a week to keep from getting those "bulge days" where the basic meals total too many calories.

I updated you all on my daughter. Two more family updates: Dad's knee has heeled enough that he can start walking on it again. The sneaky old guy knew he could walk again and told the doctor it was easier to stay in the wheelchair because then he didn't have to do as much. lol My son passed out Tuesday and hit his head on a door frame. He is OK, but now we have all kinds of test scheduled to figure out why it happened.

Hearing about all the losses many of you are facing brings back sad memories. It seemed like every year some one in our extended family of family and close friends died in December for a period of 10-15 years most on December 22. I think the holidays bring too much stress and it just triggers something. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.

Jeannie
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Renny:flowerforyou:--I'm sorry about your mom. I'm praying for her--and you, too. it is very hard to be away from loved ones when things like this happen.

I messed up a bit yesterday-the holiday m&ms my daughter put out called me and I answered! :grumble: Back on track today, though!

Kathy (pmjsmom)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kathy, I have the same relationship with M&Ms. They are so hard to resist.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, I am sending an extra prayer up for you that your family are stay healthy this year.
  • mtowerofstrength
    mtowerofstrength Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can you teach me how to make the granola bars? I would love it
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Madeline, welcome to the greatest thread on MFP.......these women changed my life. They have given me so much encouragement and support and friendship and recipes. I hope we'll hear from you regularly so we can get to know you and you can get to know us.

It just started snowing here and my dogs are thrilled.:bigsmile: I have to go somewhere so I'm not so thrilled but I have a safe car so I can't complain :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll check in again later.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: Barbie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Renny, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope everything goes smoothly from this point on.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

:happy: I am happy to report that my mom survived! She is in hospital and obviously not out of the woods yet. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

I am extremely proud of my mom. She is a feisty and classy lady even at 86. My two sisters and my brother are able to be with her. (I am talking about the Netherlands, that's where I am from).

:heart: :heart: love you all!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

:flowerforyou: Kathy (pjm), Sorry to hear about your aunt. :flowerforyou: Congratulations for your daughter's good news.:drinker:

:flowerforyou: Vicki, You are also in my thoughts. My condolences on the loss of your aunt.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Renny, I can only imagine how difficult it is to be so far away from your mom at this time. I hope she makes a speedy recovery!!:flowerforyou: Glad to see your later post that she is doing better.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, I have found myself in the same situation when I was on the board of my condo association--seemed like I was a victim of my own success, when it came to planning and coordinating the membership meetings. I solved the problem by going off the board, but now I am back on it temporarily, as I let myself get talked into a temporary re-appointment to cover someone who had to deal with a family emergency and couldn't actively participate. I was the only one who could be appointed without a special election, since I had been previously elected. Supposedly, I will be off the hook in January. I have been reminding them regularly that this is "temporary."

Your story about Elijah is very uplifting. Miracles still happen in our world.:heart:

I am glad there seems to be a solution for your daughter, but having to re fi your house to pay for it is just one more argument for health care reform, in my opinion.!!

:flowerforyou: Sheilajane, After reading about your dream, I would say, "no more pizza before bedtime":laugh: --just kidding-I have had some pretty strange dreams myself when something is on my mind. I saw your later post about your friend's husband. How sad for her. I hope she can get through this tough time.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Birdie, I am glad you had a chance to share some good memories with your family during this sad time.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: BJerkins, Welcome. As others have said, see a thread and jump in whereever you please!!

:flowerforyou: Becky, Congrats on running the opposite direction from that birthday sundae that your daughter ordered!!

:flowerforyou: MacMadame, You did manage to hit the three basic food groups--Veggies, cake and chocolate!!!:laugh: Seriously, today is another day, so put yesterday behind you. :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Rosemary, Congrats on the size 12!!!:drinker: :drinker: No wonder you are doing the happy dance!!:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Barbie, You can keep all that snow up north. It is sunny down here today, and I want to keep it that way!!:laugh:

It is time for a story of how you can "go home again."--sort of.

I have mentioned before that my parents live in a retirement community. Well, when they sold their house in 2007, the purchasers were good friends of a good friend of mine. They had immense respect for the craftsmanship that my dad put into this house, which he built with the help of a contractor friend. The two of them did everything themselves. The plumbing and the brickwork were the only outside contracting that was done. My dad is an electrician by trade, so he did all the wiring, and he also built all the cabinetry in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Well, after 42 years, the buyers did some "updating." At first, I was not enthusiastic about some of their choices, but after last evening, I realize this house has once again become a "home" for the people now dwelling in it.

The current owners have always said my parents and I have a standing invitation to come over anytime to see the old place, and we did stop frequently during the remodeling phase. I have attended a couple of social gatherings there since it was sold. Last evening there was a large Christmas gathering that included a birthday celebration for another of their friends and I was invited. Since the weather forecast about snow didn't come to pass and it was actually above freezing until very early this morning, I attended.

Everybody and his dog, literally were there!!:laugh: Several people brought their dogs, and they had a great time getting lots of attention. My three would have had great fun with all the attention, but I was glad they were at home!!:laugh: The hosts hired a 4 piece blues band that was set up in the living room, and they about blew the roof off the place. All the neighbors had been invited over, so no one could complain about the noise!!:laugh: The hosts' 4 year old son (who is now growing up in the same bedroom I lived in from the time I was 10) had a ball dancing in front of the band. He was also convinced Alvin and the Chipmunks were hiding somewhere in the house, after the band played that tune they do-- "The Christmas Song." Thanks to some electronic magic, they made themselves SOUND like the chipmunks!! :laugh:

There was loads of food, and a decadent chocolate birthday cake:heart: with raspberry filling. The frosting was overwhelmingly sweet, so I left it behind. I didn't know anyone except the party hosts, but there were many interesting people to talk to. The Christmas lights outside were beautiful.

My host made a point of telling anyone who would listen that this used to be "my" house, so I spent a lot of time answering questions about growing up in it, and confirming that yes, there HAD been a few parties here over the years. The gathering last night reminded me of the time my parents had a New Year's Eve party with over 50 people. We never hired a band, though!!:smile:

The host told me as I was leaving that not a day goes by that he doesn't think of my dad and all the care that went into the buidling of the house. I didn't stay late, but I left with a sense that the house was in good hands, and that the remodeling that was done was just right, and what was needed to make this place a home for the present occupants. It is a good feeling.:flowerforyou:

Have a good Sunday.

Barb
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Nasty rainy day today. Not doing much but laying around. Just got up from a nap.......perfect weather for it.

Went WAAAAYYYYY overboard on eating last night. Went to a Christmas dinner at my boss' house. I sampled everything and went back for seconds on some of the stuff. Can't remember the last time I had such a good meal. I'll be paying for it this week though while eating veggies and Michelina low calorie meals.
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good afternoon all. :cry: WELL it's raining again and the pumps are a pumpin.:huh:
    I can't seem to get warm today, nor get enough sleep. Guess I am coming down with something. I made a nice pot of vegetable soup to help warm me up.
    :flowerforyou: Renny- I was so sorry to read about your mom's heart attack and relieved to hear she is on her way to recovery.
    :flowerforyou: Barb-sounds like a wonderful party.
    Think I'll do my Christmas cards and go to bed.:yawn: :sick: :yawn: :sick: .
    Everyone have a wonderful Sunday, Rosemary
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • fancydog
    Options
    I bought a new coat and its a size smaller than last year......my coat from last year needs to be taken in :tongue: Anybody have any size 14 clothes they'd like to donate to a good cause lol! But, seriously is there a good website for clothes swapping? I need to rebuild my wardrobe but I don't want to just throw out what I lhave, these are hard economic times. 195164.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter