WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER

Options

Replies

• fancydog
    Options
    Hi Kathy I'm Kathy, I'm pretty new. I belive we may have a connection. I bite it I write it ......Are you using Weight Watchers? I lost 31 pounds on WW, love the program. I'm a lifer since October. Little nervous tommorow is my weigh in, first one after Thanksgiving. Welcome. I know you will be successful my motto "it will work if you work it."
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Brrrrrr!!! It is so cold. Wind chill of 0. Some snow today but will not stick around.
    I am missing too many exercise classes. I missed strength class last night due to my daughter's doctor appointment. I should have Zumba tonight but the same daughter has two places that she needs to be at. So, I will be driving around instead of burning calories.:angry:
  • arborsong
    Options
    Wow! I hate to be the weather demon to all you snowbound folks - however................. it was 68 degrees here (NC) yesterday. Quite delightful!!!

Swissmiss...............tell me more about Zumba. I wanted to try it but my trainer frowned on the idea.

Louise
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    It was about 70 here yesterday and today it is 43. Not complaining cause it is not nearly as cold as some of you have. I did really well yesterday. I think I have finally lost the vacation mode and gotten back on track. I ate really well and went to the gym even thought I really did not want to. Went out to supper with some friends to celebrate birthdays. Ate a good salad and had some good conversations with friends. Plan to do well again today. I hope this finds all of you well. I will read posts later and try to post again. Guess most of you are not awake yet.
    Vicki M
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Greetings from snowy Nebraska...about 12 inches worth!! Sometimes it's hard to take a day at a time, but that is all I have anyway, so I need to make it count! I get into the "Oh, I'll have this and then tomorrow I'll do what I should"...syndrome. The trouble with that is something else seems to come up tomorrow and I get farther and farther in my old ruts. Today I've done good so far...:flowerforyou:

Me too Doobiedoo!!! On both the snow AND the getting into the habit of eating whatever is calling my name at the moment. Our deck looks like it should be in danger of collapsing (we live in Lincoln).

My eating habits have been atrocious since we got back home. Last night I was snacking on beef jerkey and drinking wine and my dear husband asked "are you still counting your calories?" I didn't take it very kindly but in retrospect this morning I realize what a blessing it truly was. I am NOT finished with this journey...even when I reach my goal I won't be "finished" because I will need to stay aware and accountable for what I am putting into my mouth. However, I do get so much inspiration from this thread.

Thank you Barb :flowerforyou: for sharing your success story, you truly are an inspiration!!
    Congratulations Birdie :flowerforyou: on the smaller clothes and for exercising moderation while shopping...I looked at your Thanksgiving photos and you look fabulous!!
    Rosemary, :sad: sorry to hear about the flooding! I hope things look up for you very soon!

To everyone else, happy Thursday and good luck to all of you today!! Stay warm (we're all the way up to 0 degrees here in Lincoln, which is looking up because when I first turned on the computer it was -8!!), stay focussed, and stay safe!!

:heart: Terri :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (I'm trying to drink my water which is a lot harder when the wind chill is -10!)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy (Fancydog), Where you talking to me? There are a few Kathys here!
    I don't do WW--I just do portion control and exercise. I have been doing really good at logging my foods. I'd never done it before because most sites are kind of clunky to use. I really, really like the food diary here at MyFitnessPal. (Except for the days I'm not so "good"!) I find it to be very easy to use.
    Kathy(pmjsmom)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Been reading about all the weather we're all having. I'm so sorry about the flooding. I guess our unusually cold weather isn't so bad after all!
    Yesterday when I logged on it was 11 degrees. Today it is 7! I honestly don't recall temps like that here this time of year!
    I told my daughter about the silk longjohns. I've been wearing my jammie pants under my jeans but that mearns I have to wear my larger jeans 'cuz thay don't look right under my new ones!
    She works for REI annd can get their brand for 50% off. I also told her she could make them an early Christmas gift if she wants too!
    I didn't do my usual workout yesterday because I was putting up the outside lights. Lots of climbing up and down, reaching, hammering, etc. THEN I realize I put the lights up with the plug ends on the wrong sides so I had to get up there, take them all down and then put them up again! Oh well. As I said before, this is the first house we've lived in--been in apartments for the last 20 years or so. It was fun (this time, anyway!), but VERY cold!
    Hope everyone is taking care. Have a good Thursday, everyone!
    Kathy (pmjsmom)
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi to the new Kathy's I haven't had the pleasure of meeting!

Yesterday I went back to bed after my hubby left for work (3:pm, he's on 2nd). I just can't sing my son's praises enough because he just jumped right in and took care of his grandmother & let me sleep. I didn't get back up until after 7. I feel like a new person today, still have a few sniffles but I felt good enough to go out for a walk run with him & the dogs.

Louise we are so blessed to live in NC and have our Carolina Blue skies! Let me know the next time you drive through on your way to Raleigh. There's a Starbucks right off the highway (85 & South Elm Eugene) maybe I could meet you there for coffee if you have the time.

While I was in TX a wonderful family opened their home to us. I was sitting in the family room journaling one morning and I noticed their framed wedding invitation on the table. It was wild, they have the same anniversary as my husband & I (same year too) and her name is Cynthia but we don't have the same middle name. Very kind & lovely people.

I hope to get caught up on what everyone else is doing real soon.

Finally off to the shower for me!

Cindy
  • arborsong
    Options
    Louise we are so blessed to live in NC and have our Carolina Blue skies! Let me know the next time you drive through on your way to Raleigh. There's a Starbucks right off the highway (85 & South Elm Eugene) maybe I could meet you there for coffee if you have the time.

Cindy - you are at 85 and Elm Eugene????? That is my regular stop between here and Raleigh!!!! I often meet my kids there to bring the babies home with me. We also meet there for dinner, etc. You're on, my friend. I'll let you know.

Louise
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning. Not much to say. When I got home last night I was greeted with the news that by dear BIL Frank passed away a few hours earlier. I never even got a chence to see him one more time. :cry: They told us that he had 5 weeks to live last week! At least he didn't suffer and that is what I prayed for.
    BirdieM:cry:
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Cindy - you are at 85 and Elm Eugene????? That is my regular stop between here and Raleigh!!!! I often meet my kids there to bring the babies home with me. We also meet there for dinner, etc. You're on, my friend. I'll let you know.

Louise: My house is about 10 minutes from there. I shop at that Walmart all the time. Just give me a little heads up time because I need to make sure that someone is home with Granny.

Cindy
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Goodmorning. Not much to say. When I got home last night I was greeted with the news that by dear BIL Frank passed away a few hours earlier. I never even got a chence to see him one more time. :cry: They told us that he had 5 weeks to live last week! At least he didn't suffer and that is what I prayed for.
    BirdieM

Birdie: I'm sorry that you are going through this. I'm glad that he didn't suffer. My SIL was skin & bones when I got there. We are grateful she is out of her pain and no longer sick.

Cindy
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Birdie,

I am so sorry to hear of your BIL's passing so quickly, before you had a chance to see him one last time. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Barb
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Birdie, I am sorry for your loss and I surely understand the additional pain of not getting to say your last goodbye. I will keep you and you family in my prayers.:heart: Alice
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    So much has gone on this past week. I am so sorry for the flooding and losses. You women are such a nice group of people and I feel by your pics that I know you even though I don't write often enough.

I have bee going to the Y and by the absolute grace of God, I am up to 40 minutes on the precor AMT machine. It is so good to bee well enough. My leg is still a huge concern. The blood clot is superficial but getting bigger and bigger. The skin around it is dark and very painful because of the constant swelling. The compression stocking helps tremendously. Please pray for healing as I remind myself that God delivered my from multiple sclerosis and He will do it again!

Dare I wish you all a merry CHRISTmas? with so much you have gone through. My prayers and concern for each of you.

This is Kathy from California. kc
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Birdie - I am so sorry - consider yourself cyber hugged!

How is everyone today? Once again, I made myself do an exercise video before telling you hello. I am determined to stay motivated!

I tried to order cuddl silks on the Sears site last night, but they were out of stock. I'll keep looking. My one pair is really kind of big now, and I could use a couple for the winter.

Stay warm and stay focused! Here's to smart choices!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Mary,

Try a Sears retail store if there is one in your area. They had a large supply in the local Sears, but if you are in the midst of blizzard country, that might not be true. The ones I purchased at Walmart are LEI brand, and still pretty thin, so maybe that is an option.

Good luck:flowerforyou:

If anyone watched Bonnie Hunt today, they already have heard this joke, but if you didn't............

What do you call a person who has fear of Santa Claus?

Answer: Claustrophobic.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Brisk 1- this morning, bright and sunny. My little dogs are not happy the snow did not crust over from the cold and it is deeper than they are tall
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/\~~/\~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ o ~~~~~~~~~ :smile:

They run out and make a circut of the plowed areas and right back in the door. My two old dogs love the cold and are out for a hour at a time. They dive through the snow like otters. They are going to have to get busy and teach the younger ones to join in.

I have a nice fire in the stove and soup warming. I have had quite enough of working in the snow for today. I don't know how to figure those calories but they have to add up with all the extra effort to do the most basic jobs.

Night all:heart: Alice
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Good evening all:

Went to the chiropractor this afternoon and then put up my little table top tree this afternoon. I have lots to do before the holiday.

Hey Barb: did Bonnie H. tell that joke or was it her Mom? I sometimes watch when I am back in the bedroom taking care of MIL. Had it on this morning and she said her Mom was going to be on and she usually tells a couple of jokes. I thought it was pretty funny yesterday when she told about going into the restaurant with her fake eyelashes askew! I bet she was a sight.

I hope you all had a good day.

Cindy
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Cindy,

The joke was from Bonnie's mom. She is a character. I don't watch regularly, but today I happened to watch a program prior to when she comes on and happened to leave the tv on. Bonnie is kind of a character too. She mentioned the false eyelash situation today, so I have an idea of what you are refrring to.

Barb