Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options
AwesomeMoJo
AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
Ladies...how many of you go out with no makeup on at all? I was raised to never leave the house unless you are all done..hair, makeup, etc...

I have to say, it gets tiring and though I am scared to death to leave the house without makeup on..I feel like I should leave the house with no make up..or I should post a picture just to see if people will go running for the hills...

Gentleman..how do you feel about make-up? Do you like some? None? a little? or it doesn't matter as long as your lady is happy?

This is a small form of anxiety for me..am I the only one? (Goodness, I hope not)

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I hate make up. Always have.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    It sounds super shallow, but in fact I do believe you have hit the nail on the head. I too feel the need to never leave my house without my makeup done, hair at least ok done, and some sort of nicer clothes on. I remember high school days where I would go places in my pajamas lol. But not anymore.
    I'll be interested to see what types of opinions men leave on here. There are rare days I will run to the store without makeup on, and those days are the days I run into some hot man. And of course, I get no second looks lol. Is he shallow?? Because I really don't feel I am that unattractive without makeup on!!!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I've not worn make up in 2 years (with the exception of lip gloss/lip balm) and it's made a world of difference in my skin.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I go out all the time without makeup...when I do wear makeup, it's very minimal, concealer, blush, shadow, mascara, maybe lip gloss. Less is more is my opinion.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Depends on where I'm going! I wouldn't wear makeup to the gym or to the pool nor would I do more than throw my hair in a ponytail. Anywhere else I will make some effort - eyeliner, mascara and gloss usually. I only do a full face for events - parties or weddings or whatever.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I do not wear make-up every day. For work I will usually throw on some mascara and lip gloss but that is it, some mornings I don't even make it to the gloss.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup to work most of the time, but not much. Just eye make up and honestly, if I forget it I don't really care. I go to the G-store, Target, wherever w/out it! I am not out to impress anyone, my fiance loves me for me, and if I wear too much, he doesn't like it either, so works out for me:)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    When I go out I wear a lot of make up as I generally wear 30s - 40s clothes and like my face to fit the period. Day to day I don't wear any. Maybe a little powder and lip balm. My face is my face, you don't like it, look elsewhere.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    if i dont wear it i get "are you sick? do you feel okay?"

i wear concealer to hide my under eye circles, and mascara
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i wear it whenever i feel like it. honestly, make up has no point and it's terrible for your skin. but once you stop wearing it you feel much fresher and less fake. i hardly where it anymore. when i wear it im always worried it's smudging and stuff.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It sounds super shallow, but in fact I do believe you have hit the nail on the head. I too feel the need to never leave my house without my makeup done, hair at least ok done, and some sort of nicer clothes on. I remember high school days where I would go places in my pajamas lol. But not anymore.
    I'll be interested to see what types of opinions men leave on here. There are rare days I will run to the store without makeup on, and those days are the days I run into some hot man. And of course, I get no second looks lol. Is he shallow?? Because I really don't feel I am that unattractive without makeup on!!!

On the weekends, I like to have a clean fresh face, but I always have at least mascara on. Just can't help it. I give kudos to all those beautiful ladies that can go all natural and do.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am not good with makeup, only really use the slap for special occasions. However I do get my eyelashes tinted every 3 or 4 weeks, so I suppose I don't leave the house completely makeupless.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I always wear makeup when I go places. Unless its to the gym on the weekend. During the week I go right after work so I always have a little on. But, I never wear enough to look like a crack *kitten* prostitue.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup except on special occasions. It weighs down your face and clogs your pores, making you more dependent on it over time. The only way to win is not to play.
  • sixrings
    sixrings Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For me this is an easy question to answer...I prefer little to no make up. I really like the natural look so much more than the painted lady look. I know a lot of women think make up is necessary but I remember years ago sitting around a table with some male friends and the subject came up and we were all in total agreement that it is no fun to kiss a woman with make-up on and we all agreed we'd prefer they not wear any.

Of course it's all personal preference and I have my own preferences when it comes to women. :wink:

Well that is my own two cents...do with it whatever you want :smile:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Do it!
    I rarely wear makeup unless I go to a wedding or some other formal event. My skin looks a LOT younger than I am and people mistake me for my daughter's sister. I am 51 and my girls are 28 and 28! I think that years of not putting 'crap' on my face has made a difference. Then again, I've never smoked and I've used sunblock for years.
    Be brave and head out there without it! :)
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I go out without it sometimes, but not often. But when I do wear makeup, I try to keep it as natural looking as possible. I don't want to look painted up!! Less is more!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I almost never wear it. I don't know why. I guess it just doesn't suit me. When I wear makeup, I do feel prettier, but I also feel like I am trying to be something I'm not. I don't have anything against it. It's just me.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Never leave the house without make up. I have some surface scaring from a motorbike accident that gets red in the cold so I like to keep it covered up. I think make up applied in the right way can enhance your natural beauty. Of course some people are lucky and look georgeous with out it. But I need all the help I can get. :ohwell:
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Typically, I don't wear any make up unless I am going out somewhere. Even then, it is optional!
    I used to make sure my make up was done, along with my hair, and that my outfit was perfect before I left the house. Now, I just aim for comfort! I have found the more comfortable I am, the more confident I am as well, and to me confidence = beauty!