Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    meh....depends on the occasion. Sometimes I wear it sometimes I dont.

without:
    19536421_5652.jpg

with:
    19536421_395.jpg

You honestly look great both ways. Personally think you should always keep the glasses though. Glasses are sexy haha.

EXHIBIT A: You look way better in the "Without" picture.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Makeup smells AWFUL. Looks nice, if used sparingly, but I don't want to be within 5 feet of it.

(perfume is 100x worse.)

dont know where you get that idea:huh: ... make up doesnt smell, never have i come across it smelling unless maybe its really cheap. and perfume( thats not cheap ) doesnt smell either, unless its put on wayyy too much.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup. Maybe 2 times in the last 10 years. I think i look fine as does my fiancee and daughter. I have so much other crap to do besides that
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i dont have time to wear makeup nor does it really matter to me if i have it or dont. used to be really caught up with this whole wear make up every day thing maybe when i was 16 but since then i dont really wearit. if anything i would put some face cream and eye cream to hide to get the moisture and some tinted moisturizer and possibly light powder and verrry light blush.
    if i go out on the weekends, (rare) then i would put on the whole thing on eye liner shadow etc etc, but always in brown tones and nude lipstick.

i think sometimes a girl needs a day to feel pretty put on body lotion take her time and take care of herself and feel good....like a day where i am on the top of the world and indulge with some sushi :) (when too busy to take care of yourself daily ):flowerforyou: :happy: :tongue:

You are beautiful without makeup anyway.

fanks :D:flowerforyou:
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I go out all of the time with no makeup. I like to put on a little mascara and chapstick...but that is about the length of my effort to do my makeup on a regular basis. I am usually a hot mess. Lol! If I am going out for a night on the town, to a party or a special event, then I will get all dolled up with makeup and hair done...but other than that I am cool with being all natural. And my hubby thinks that I am beautiful with out...so that is all that matters to me.
    If someone doesn't like the way that you look without makeup and your hair done then F em'! Beauty is more than skin deep!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the entire thread but I never - ever- go out without makeup on. I don't wear a ton but I wear it every day... even just around the house. It's part of my getting showered/dressed routine. It takes me 3 minutes, tops. It's just part of "me" and isn't a hassle or a pain. I love make up.

My husband used to think it was silly that I would put on makeu to go to the grocery store or whatever but he doesn't say anything about it anymore..... after several years he knew it wasn't going to change ha.
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I try to keep my make up natural looking. Unless I have a hot date and want to look sexy, then I tease my beard and apply my fake lashes.
    ^^^OMG^^^You my friend have just made my day!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I will wear tinted moisturiser if that. I HATE taking makeup off so I only wear it on special occasions, but when I do, I feel fabulous! My boyfriend doesn't care, when I do put some on, he can hardly tell.
    I've been to bars bare faced, doesn't bother me.
    I think it is hilarious when ladies get dolled up for the gym.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I ony wear make-up when going out on dates or to events.

No make-up around the house or to the store or to the gym.

I don't use a lot either. Might have used lashes twice.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do not wear make-up every day. For work I will usually throw on some mascara and lip gloss but that is it, some mornings I don't even make it to the gloss.

^^this^^ :laugh:

Same here :happy:
  • birkelbk
    Options
    I hardly ever wear make-up and certainly not on a daily basis. Sometimes I think I'm doing myself a favor putting on make-up to protect my skin, but my husband doesn't like it. It's not a habit I've ever gotten into or been able to maintain, so I'm au natural most of the time.
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    well I have a bit of a collection of makeup going but no I don't wear it unless i feel like it and can happily leave the house without it
    My mum always told me that I'd have plenty of years ahead of me when makeup was needed to cover up but until then enjoy my young skin while i have it! same goes for hair dye, my granny called it sheep dip :laugh:
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wear a tiny bit of eyeliner at work or when I go out.

I usually don't wear any on days I have nothing going on, and will totally run to a store without it if I find something I want and have to leave the house to get it. It doesn't bother me. I don't want to talk to anyone who wouldn't want to talk to me unless I was "all did up"
  • lamanderanna
    Options
    I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn make up in the last year... Some people think I'm hot. Some people would brown bag me. *shrugs* Eh, whatevs.
  • embercakez
    embercakez Posts: 141
    Options
    I wear make up maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I never do my hair, hard to do if you don't own a blow dryer. My best friend who is a guy owns more make up than I have in a life time.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I make sure my hair is ok, then do a bit of make up if I have time, which is usually a couple times a week. I curl my eyelashes, use mascara, use a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, some colored lip balm. If I'm going to an event, I'll add eyeliner, shadow and a bit of blush. Nothing bright.
  • Celticb3lly
    Celticb3lly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I usually do not wear any makeup at all. I never felt like I had to. Its fun to do on a day off or for a special occasion. I think part of it is that I get up really early for work, 0530 at the latest, and am in early too. I do always carry chap stick with me.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up very often, just because I cba to do it every day. So much effort. When I do wear make up, it's the full works. Red lipstick, heavy eye liner, dramatic eye lashes. Go hard or go home.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wear it maybe twice a year for a special occasion. I don't like to smear it all over my husbands clothes or sweat it off. I'm the same with putting on all my jewelry.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I've never been a fan of women who NEED make up. It's fine for special occasions but other than that I prefer to see a real face. I also find high heels (especially if a woman doesn't know to walk in them) to look ridiculous outside of special occasions.