Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    unfortunately I Have horrible, scarred skin, and acne bad....therefor I have to wear makeup, my skin is just horrible, been dealing withit my wholw life, alot lately, it sucks :( would love to be able not to wear makeup someday :cry:
  • Tanisse
    Tanisse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup,but you can't tell I'm wearing it. My husband doesn't like makeup, so I only use mascara, lip gloss and foundation where there are spots that I don't like. Plus I don't want to take away from my natural beauty and look. Great question and responses! :blushing:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I go out without makeup. if im in the mood to ill swipe on some eyeliner. or ill go fll out. just depends on what im doing and how i feel
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I wear make up 5-10 times in a year. 10 is probably even an unrealistic estimate but that's just in case there are lots of special occasions.

Wearing make up makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel like everyone is looking at me. Like they know my secret. Plus I don't know how to put the stuff on, so if there isn't a woman around to assist, it's not happening. Yeah, I just feel weird with it on.

I don't get my hair done either. Brush it, leave in conditioner, air-dry.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Hmm make-up... there honestly is so many arguments for and against and back and forth on this.

I think though, it really is all personal. Going for a jog in the morning? Don't need make up. Going on a date? Depends on your personal preferences.

Being Overly done though is never good. Well, unless you're a drag queen (not knocking drag queens, LOVE going to shows).

Just don't put so much on that it cracks when you smile or is so blaringly obvious etc.
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I used to wear makeup everyday (by makeup I mean eye shadow, mascara, blush, etc) as a teen...
    Now I only wear my mascara daily, plus a bit of foundation

I think every woman is at her best when natural !!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I usually wear makeup just because it makes me feel better! I feel prettier with it, therefore I'm more confident.
    Other people tell me I look beautiful without it so I do go out without it often but I don't feel so pretty so I do much less socializing...It makes me not want any attention on me! Haha so I guess you could say I pretty much love makeup.
  • eilmeister
    Options
    I'm with the majority of the guys here. Less makeup usually looks a lot better than too much. It doesn't matter if your skin is a little uneven or if spots or freckles are visible. That way, people can tell it's the real you. Much more attractive than a painting.

That said, of course it's OK to wear makeup if it makes you feel good. But you shouldn't feel like you have to!!!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am an all naturally girl of course when I say that I do mean I wear makeup but, very very little. My top two items I can't live without are chapstick and eye liner. That is all I wear and eye liner is only when I am working or going out. Weekends I only use chapstick. I also air dry my hair and don't use any styling products. My friends all think I am weird but, I am happy and I don't waste my money on makeup and hair products.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mascara and eyeliner. That's it. Nothing else.

Same here. Sometimes I'll not bother with either, but I tend to feel self-conscious without at least eyeliner on due to low esteem and a huge lack of compliments about anything. I used to put the whole lot on - foundation, concealer, eyeliner, lipstick and mascara, and people at least said I had a pretty face..... but then I got older, and couldn't be dealing with making up my whole face before I went out. Now I stick to special occasions or functions. I don't use blush, since I prefer the pale look my skin gives off anyway - and I don't care if people compliment me or not. It's about ME learning to like ME, and not anyone else.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm an oddity...I wear it everyday...especially to work or other events. Even a trip to WM gets a little bit. My husband likes the way I do my makeup..other than my eyes you can't tell I have foundation/blush on. For me it covers some freckles that make me took 12!

Showed up to work on a day off to pick up something with very minimal makeup (no eye shadow, lipstick/lipgloss) and was asked if I was ill! Nope...just didn't do my whole face.

As for my hair...it is ALWAYS fixed...even a ponytail is done neatly...no messy ponies for me. My husband loves a french braid in my hair...but since I cut 5" off I can't braid he. To say the least he is not too happy...but I am letting it grow back!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever wear make-up. If i do, it's only a tiny bit of foundation (Estée Lauder) and maybe some mascara. I have dark hair, eyes and eyelashes, and I tan easily so my skin's usually a nice colour, so I don't really need to bother. I do straighten my hair though if i get chance (not always easy with 2 young children running around!).
  • GangsterKim50
    Options
    Never worn make-up a day in my life! Too lazy for that :yawn: LOL :tongue:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    In the words of Hillary Clinton

“You know, at some point, it’s just not something that deserves a lot of time and attention. I’m relieved to be at the stage I’m at in my life right now. If others want to worry about it, I let them do the worrying for a change.”
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I go out all the time without makeup...when I do wear makeup, it's very minimal, concealer, blush, shadow, mascara, maybe lip gloss. Less is more is my opinion.

^^^^ THIS! I wear make up on Sunday to church but that's it.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    i wish i knew how to apply make-up.
    id use it more if i knew how.

my fashion motto: as-is.
    which sounds pretty lazy... cause it is. =)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I never leave home without it :ohwell: I only wear neutral colors but I have to have something on.. My husband isn't a big on makeup but he does like me to wear lipstick.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Everyday...at least during the work week. I do the whole deal...foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, bronzer, blush etc. Never lipstick! Can't stand the stuff. If I don't put any on (for work) I'm told I look tired :frown: I grew up watching my mom put it on every morning, rain or shine, regardless of what she was doing that day. My mom also has her hair done every day. It's a routine she's used to and does it in minimal time! IDK how she's managed that, but its crazy. It's become habit for me, as well.

I don't typically put on much during the weekends. If I'm not going anywhere, then I don't put on any at all.
  • kidcole11
    kidcole11 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup about two times a year when I get in a mood to put some on. I do my hair about as often.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I love makeup! So I do a full face every day...nothing crazy tho. At thhe very least I will wear something to conceal my crappy skin, a bit of blush, and mascara, even if I'm just camping. I think you should do whatever makes you e most comfortable and confident. For me I don't feel awake unless I have taken some time to make myself look a little bit better and brighter.