Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I used to wear makeup everyday but now that I work from home I hardly ever wear makeup. Which has made me lazier in my appearance. So when husband and I go out (dinner, movies etc..) I put on makeup which makes me feel prettier and the hubby appreciates it more when I am looking my best.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    The less the better. My DW only wears lipstick and a little bit of eye liner. Ever since we've met.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

What's a DW?
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Never more than a quick swipe of liquid black eyeliner and mascara. Maybe some loose powder if my skin is greasy that day. More often than not I go without. I find that people who pile on the makeup actually look older. I spend more time taking care of my skin than covering it up.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I didn't wear make up for years. I do wear some now for work. Generally, a primer, some powder, natural eye palette with shadow liner (I find it looks less harsh for me), mascara, and a light lip tint. I wear a moisturizer with SPF every day and have since I was 16. My mother always told me moisturizer was the most important part of the morning routine. On weekends, I generally don't wear make up at all. I don't wear enough during the week that I look like an entirely different person without it. LOL.
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    I can go without make up. I hate wearing anything on my face. I wear eyeliner, mascara to bring out my eyes, and Chapstick. If there's anything else on my face it gets washed off quickly. All natural for me.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I do not wear make up at all. Tried as a young teen when all the girls in Junior high were wearing it and I hated the way it felt on my face. Not only that, but I'm allergic to a major ingredient in majority of the stuff out there; so I have to buy the extra expensive crap and it's just a complete waist of my hard earned money.

Besides, I've seen what it does to the older women in my family's skin... Uh, no thank you! I can look just as beautiful with a little lip gloss.

Now, hair... THAT's a biggie for me. Mine is always done, huge thing for me. Can't walk out of the house without it looking cute and tame. :laugh:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I HARDLY wear make-up. All of the guys I have ever dated ask me "Why do you wear make-up?" Or "You don't need any make-up" Every once in a while I'll put some on. But not everyday. I want the guy I'm with to know what he is possibly going to be waking up to at some point in time. :)

Jesus if I woke up to that pic I would vomit.
  • minuet42
    minuet42 Posts: 33
    Options
    Another no-makeup person here - if it's something super special, weddings, performances (well, performances under stage lights - if it's just house lights, forget it) then I'll do the whole thing. In all honesty, aside from the middle school Mary Kay program phase (YIKES), I've never worn it on a regular basis. Of course now, my completely awesome glasses rub off whatever I have on, so the added complication of finding the contacts doesn't really motivate me much, either...

Be free! I've gotten my mother (who has beautiful skin, by the way) down to just wearing it for church on Sundays - and she's starting to skip that, too! Be free!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    The less the better. My DW only wears lipstick and a little bit of eye liner. Ever since we've met.

IDEA Fitness member

What's a DW?

Darling Wife is my guess
  • Davidgettinghealthy
    Options
    I've always been attracted to women who are beautiful with no makeup. But if they do wear makeup, usually less is better. Just enough to accentuate their wonderful features.

I don't want to feel like I'm going out with Ronald McDonald's daughter. lol
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I LOVE makeup! I could blow my entire paycheck shopping in stores like Ulta or Sephora. I have a whole box FULL of all different products and colors. That being said, I don't always wear makeup either. I really just love to play with it. I usually wear it if I'm going out, going to school, to work, etc. But I don't usually wear it during the summer or on the weekends or when I go to the grocery store, the gym, for a run, anything like that. There was a time when I would put makeup on even if I was just hanging around the house, but those days are pretty much over for me.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Make-up? I prefer no make-up on women or minimal. Also while you are at it, get rid of the heels too and wear flats. Those heels look painful and I don't agree that they make your legs look better.

I don't mind if you continue to shave your armpits and legs though.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

What's a DW?

Dear Wife
  • hock1972
    hock1972 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am not a big fan of makeup overall. But, everyone is different. Maybe some need some, others don't for various reasons.

My girl doesn't need makeup and I have always told her that. She is beautiful to me and doesn't need any help. When she does wear makeup... she looks fantastic, but all I'm saying is that she doesn't need it. When we go out to a party or a show etc... she wears makeup and gets dolled up.. rocks my world. She is also beautiful when she wakes up.

One time, one of the assistants at Sephora asked her if she wanted her makeup done for her. She said sure. They put way too much on. They covered up her beauty to me. We joke about it some and she knows the makeup was too heavy/too much. I like the way she does it when she does. I say be a minimalist if anything at all. What's really important - is how you feel about yourself and how you look.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

What's a DW?

Dear Wife
    Could be "deer wife." Maybe that sorta thing is legal there.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I will go out in no makeup and I will go out in tons of makeup. I dunno, either way works for me. I mean, I still look pretty good without makeup.
    When I'm going clubbing and stuff, I like to put on more makeup. I usually like bright eyeshadow (pink, orange, purple - colours that POP!) and sometimes glitter! And LOTS of mascara!!!
    On a regular day, I usually just put on one layer of mascara.

In everyday wear, I think makeup should be worn so you can't tell makeup is worn. Meaning, it just accentuates the features that you have. Maybe a tiny bit of eyeliner, a more neutral eyeshadow, and/or mascara.
    Of course, things are completely different at night time if you're going out or something. Then ... the more colour the better!! :)
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I was 10 years old when I went with my family for "Glamour Shots"! I fell in love with make-up at that very moment! I was a make-up artist for a few years and surprisingly enough, as I've been getting older I have been using it less. Not because I dislike it but because it is time consuming!! I do go out without it sometimes but feel naked! TRY IT! :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I know someone who sleeps in her makeup so her boyfriend can see her at her best when he wakes up. I think it is shallow and superficial and the boyfriend never really gets to know the true you!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup daily but that is my personal choice. If I am going swimming or working in the yard on a Saturday I don't bother with it at all. I enjoy going bare but I personally don't feel put together if I don't have makeup on for the day.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn makeup, other than on Halloween, for about ten years or so. I don't miss it. It's messy *kitten* that is time-consuming and causes zits.