Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Do it!
    I rarely wear makeup unless I go to a wedding or some other formal event. My skin looks a LOT younger than I am and people mistake me for my daughter's sister. I am 51 and my girls are 28 and 28! I think that years of not putting 'crap' on my face has made a difference. Then again, I've never smoked and I've used sunblock for years.
    Be brave and head out there without it! :)

Same here!! I don't even wear it to formal events. I can't stand the way it feels and going w/o it for so long has made my skin better than it was in my 20's.

I'll be 40 in February and the last time I walked through my daughter's high school I was mistaken for a student. :laugh:
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I HARDLY wear make-up. All of the guys I have ever dated ask me "Why do you wear make-up?" Or "You don't need any make-up" Every once in a while I'll put some on. But not everyday. I want the guy I'm with to know what he is possibly going to be waking up to at some point in time. :)
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Normally I don't like make-up on my girl. If it helps her feel better, sure fine, I don't really care. I do like a little light make-up when we go out for a fancy dinner/date.
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't wear much usually anyway, cover-up, shadow and eye liner, if I go out I throw on mascara too. If I hit the gym or pool, I don't worry about it, but otherwise I always at least put on eye liner. From people I see day to day, if I don't wear it, I get the "you look sick" or "you like pi ssed off" reactions... I'm self conscious too, I think I look better with just a little bit..
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    I once believed that I didn't like woman with makeup. I later realized that I don't like woman that do not know how to put makeup on. Some woman do not need makeup and some do. Just don't go crazy. Makeup is best when you can't tell your wearing it.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Just because you were raised to do it doesn't mean you have to. If you were raised to kill people, would you?

Natural beauty is beautiful. Who wants a cake face?
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Gentleman..how do you feel about make-up? Do you like some? None? a little? or it doesn't matter as long as your lady is happy?
    I don't like it. It makes me look kinda gay.

Totally Agree
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to so much that it really isn't worth the damage make-up does to my face (yes, I am even allergic to most make-up that is supposed to be hypo-allergenic, etc.). I will wear make-up on certain occassions (weddings, big parties, big business functions) but usually try to go as natural and light as possible. Then I wash it off as soon as I get home. Also, because I practically never wear it I always feel like it is smudging or heavy or just soggy and gross:sick: Luckily my husband doesn't like women wearing make-up either so it works out - in fact when I do have make-up on he doesn't usually like it too much:bigsmile:
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I only wear make up if the situation is formal or professional, even then, it isn't much.

But seriously, I won't say that I am an expert on men, but what life has taught me and after reading a few of their replies here,

THEY ARE NOT LOOKING AT OUR FACES!

;-)

Have a great day, everone!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I usually have on eye make up. Foundation, powder, blush, bronzer etc.... it's just TOO hot for all that business. And my boyfriend hates it. He's just fine with my eye make up and my blank face. But I have freckles and red cheeks to give me color, so it's really not a big deal.

I've noticed though, most men like a natural looking face. Not something caked.

As for my hair.... yikes. Right now it's half wet and pinned up.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a ton of makeup or anything, but I crack up every time I hear a guy say he prefers a woman to be "all natural" with "no makeup" on. Dudes, when you see a woman out somewhere that you think is really pretty and "not wearing makeup," 9 times out of 10, girlfriend has on just the right amount of makeup so as not to look made up, but accentuating her natural features.

I remember a conversation I had with a guy I was friends with at my old gym. I told him I'd just sweated off all my makeup from the day in a hot yoga class, because I hadn't had time to take it off before class. He looked at me and said "You don't really wear makeup, though, right? I mean, you don't ever look like you have any on besides maybe on your eyes." I just laughed, homeboy would see me almost every single day with my makeup on that I wear to work and had NO IDEA I had on concealer for blemishes and under my eyes, some powder to reduce shine, and a little blush/bronzer. That's the key to successful makeup application, y'all!

My routine literally takes all of 5 minutes in the mornings, the 3 items I mentioned above, some eyeliner and mascara, and some cherry Chapstick. Yes, I wear cherry Chapstick instead of lipstick or lip gloss or whatever. Now, if I'm going out for something special or whatever, I'll add some more eyeshadow or maybe a bright lipstick or something, but not for every day. I've always wanted to be one of those girls who can wear bright lipstick on a regular basis, but I feel like I look like a drag queen.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Gentleman..how do you feel about make-up? Do you like some? None? a little? or it doesn't matter as long as your lady is happy?
    I don't like it. It makes me look kinda gay.

Totally Agree
    Then why do you make me wear it? And is the diaper really necessary?
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    When men say "they don't like make up" they usually to mean the heavily made-up look where there are very obvious colorations, because they don't understand how much effort goes into using make up to acheive the natural look.
  • do4fit
    do4fit Posts: 23
    Options
    I generally just wear a tinted moisturizer now. Just helps even out my tone and hide some of the redness and stuff. It has spf something in it. I sometimes fill my eyebrows in... but if I show up to work with a neutral full face of make up people ask me what the occasion is lol!! I remember when I couldn't leave the house without make up at all and now love the freedom wearing little to no make up.

My man prefers zero to little make up so works for me!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup, in fact I think the last time was on my wedding day in July 2010 and even that was very, very minimal. A bit of lipgloss and some mascara
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup, don't even own any at all, wouldn't know how to put it on. The times I have worn it, my best friend used hers to put it on me and that would be twice... in 2007 at her wedding and then this year at my wedding (I wore very light eye shadow and maybe blush, I dont even know).....

I have had some ppl try to call me out and say your skin is so good you have to have makeup on... but nope sure don't.. and I think my skin is so good because I don't wear it, but IDK....
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I go out all the time without makeup...when I do wear makeup, it's very minimal, concealer, blush, shadow, mascara, maybe lip gloss. Less is more is my opinion.

This. I can tell if you wear too much and it's not attractive. Even worse when they don't clean it all off and it makes the skin disgusting.
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup all the time. When I do it's pretty light. On weekends or days that I don't need to work I go makeup free. At first I was self conscious, but I don't feel that way anymore. It's nice to just go with it. I rarely care what strangers think.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Tinted lip balm, nail varnish, hair in good order (if not into a pony tail), and dress well. I am 44, and have only ever worn make out when "going out somewhere special". I have good skin, so I can get away with it. I am also too lazy to get up early to do all that girly stuff, I prefer an extra 30 mins in bed.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I wear Powder, Black Eyeliner, and Black Mascara... Every Day... I will not go anywhere without those three things on My Face...