Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. Although if I just have to run to the shop, a quick but of powder and mascara will do, or I just keep my sunglasses on in the shop, of course this won't work in the winter lol. I have to wear powder cos my face is soooo pale, I do sunbeds but I cover my face because I get loads of freckles which I hate, so my body is tan and my face is white if I don't at least put powder on
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    Gentleman..how do you feel about make-up? Do you like some? None? a little? or it doesn't matter as long as your lady is happy?
    I don't like it. It makes me look kinda gay.
    There you are....the other side of your face is just as nice :)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Less is more.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Full make, almost never. Only on special occasions. Some eye make up, most of the time. Light powder and blush with lipstick for work etc.

Here is a post I read the other day on another site:

Men are attracted to what they see, Women are attracted to what they hear.

Thus: Women wear makeup and Men tell sweet lies.

:happy:
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the need to do my make-up and hair everyday before school in high school until one day someone told me I was just as beautiful if not prettier without it!

Since then, I only wear make-up on special occasions! Profile pic is without make up!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I like makeup if it is light and tastefully done. I cannot stand women putting so much makeup on that you cannot see their natural beauty under it all. I go without makeup a lot of the time, because I want to keep my skin healthy. It is important to let your skin breathe, wash it very thoroughly at night, and use light makeup to keep from clogging pores and making your skin produce MORE oil. Plus, where I work, it is a good idea to NOT wear makeup.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Gentleman..how do you feel about make-up? Do you like some? None? a little? or it doesn't matter as long as your lady is happy?
    There you are....the other side of your face is just as nice :)
    Shhhhhhhhhh. Very few know who I actually am. Thank god I'm wearing make-up.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    I work in a hospital and pull my hair back every day, so I feel the need to put some make-up on to make me look neat and polished, not nearly as much as I have on in my profile pic (LMAO!!!!!) just some. On the wkends I usually don't wear it and my husband always tells me he likes me better without make-up. Although I'd never in a million years go on a "date night" without it, I just feel prettier and more put together and confident when I'm all made up.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I haven't left the house without a full face of make-up since I was 11.
    I feel ugly as sin if I don't wear it, I wear foundation, blusher, bronzer, eye shadow, eye highlighter, mascara, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil & lipstick/gloss/balm.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I use a really light powder as sunscreen protection because my skin breaks out at everything else. And just recently I started wearing eyeliner. I hate going out without it now (though I look about the same).
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I have full make up on in my profile pic, like what I'd wear for a night out. I look 100% different without make up lol
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Totally Agree
    Then why do you make me wear it? And is the diaper really necessary?

Necessary no, hot yes
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    <--- that's me on a normal day.

Mascara and eyeliner. That's it. Nothing else.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up in the week, I go fresh faced. If I am going to an important meeting I will wear some BB cream, mascara and lip gloss.

I do enjoy wearing make up for special occasions, people can actually tell you are dressed up/making an effort and you get complimented for this. I would rather have this than the other way round (people asking if you are ill/sick if you dont).

That being said I adore the vintage look and if I am going out for a special occasion then liquid liner, a perfect base and a slick of red lipstick is all I need :o) I absolutely dont get why women cake their faces in neon orange gunk and pile on false eyelashes, lipliner, bronzer etc.... It looks ridiculous.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I prefer little to no make up. I really like the natural look so much more than the painted lady look. I know a lot of women think make up is necessary but I remember years ago sitting around a table with some male friends and the subject came up and we were all in total agreement that it is no fun to kiss a woman with make-up on and we all agreed we'd prefer they not wear any.

From what I've heard from my male friends for years, this seems to be the predominant opinion...guys don't like it. I wear makeup; not everyday by any stretch, but whenever I want it (always for church), but I'm in the 'less is more' camp. Even when I go full-out with everything - skin, eyes, cheeks, lips- I still use very little and only natural colors. The goal of makeup should be to enhance your natural beauty, not make people say "wow, look at her makeup!" :smile:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I find the older I get the less I wear make up. I think it's mostly because I find that the make up gets into my wrinkles and make them show up more and if I wear eye shadow, I look like a drunken *kitten*. When I do wear makeup, it's bare minerals foundation, lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. That's it.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am so enjoying this thread! Love hearing men's opinions and learning that there are other women out there who go without make-up!

I wear it every day during the week: powder, eyeliner, blush, mascara, shadow, eyebrow pencil... I just feel more confident when I define my features. I've been told that you can't tell I have make up on - so I must be doing it right. I get compliments when I wear lipstick, but I rarely remember to reapply. I love wearing it, I love buying it... I love being girly sometimes...

Weekends I let my skin breathe. I also want to be able to just jump in the pool and not worry about getting raccoon eyes...
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I wear makeup everyday, even if I don't go out. LOL!!! I love makeup. Granted I don't go all Tammy Faye Baker, or anything, lol. For some reason, my brain decides to make me feel drained & tired if I don't wear makeup!! Yes, weird I know.
    As far as my hair, I can't roll out of bed looking like Edward Scissorhands!! I have thin curly hair, which = nest hair if I do nothing to it. I don't blow dry it, I spritz it with water, put mousse in it and because I'm trying to grow it out It's usually in a pony tail.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I don't wear a ton of makeup or anything, but I crack up every time I hear a guy say he prefers a woman to be "all natural" with "no makeup" on. Dudes, when you see a woman out somewhere that you think is really pretty and "not wearing makeup," 9 times out of 10, girlfriend has on just the right amount of makeup so as not to look made up, but accentuating her natural features

^ ^ ^ this too :smile:
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    BTW I've worn a foundation make-up with SPF-15 in it since I was in 8th grade, and at almost 42 yrs old I have not one wrinkle....... so make-up can be your friend :bigsmile: