Men..Is your wife outta shape?

Options
So men tell me is it true! After you married your wife or started dating your girlfriend exclusively did she begin gaining weight?
A few single girlfriends and I were having this conversation and one of my friends said she felt like she was going to have to become fat and nasty in order to find a man to marry.
I wasnt offended because I myself have lost over 100lbs "before" I married my husband...but I was wondering if her perception of married women was true....are more single women thin, and more married women over weight?

Replies

• NakedLunchTime
    Options
    If my husband came on here talking about my weight without me knowing, I probably would be hurt. Just saying.
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If my husband came on here talking about my weight without me knowing, I probably would be hurt. Just saying.
    Why would you be hurt about you husband talking about your weight? Your on here talking about your weight....just saying
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Eurgh
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Why would you be hurt about you husband talking about your weight? Your on here talking about your weight....just saying

Nope. I actually don't talk about my weight on here. However, you are asking men to comment on their wives weight, and those women may not be on this site.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Any smart man who is married and whose wife is here would never comment on this thread... I would kill my husband if he replied. Ahh yea my wife is outta shape. But being the wonderful husband he is, he would never even think about doing that. He may think it but he would never publically say it...

But I do understand your point. I do have a few friends who think its okay to let themselves go since they got the man. One even told me Ive been married for 30 years. this is as good as it gets. I'm afraid to ever think that way. Men are visual creatures who get turned on by sight. Mama always told me that we have to be visually appealing to our spouses. they can get as fat and out of shape as they want but we cant. It aint right but its true...
  • scornholio
    Options
    My wife isn't too ultra-sensitive or mean enough to discourage me from commenting on this thread (and she's also not fat like me)....BUT married people tend to gain weight. At least 75% of them gain weight after marriage.

Single people are still trying to find a mate or at least make it on to someones booty call list, so they tend to be more aware of how they look.

Makes perfect sense to me anyway. :)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reminder. Love my wife - wouldn't hurt her for the world...
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    Any smart man who is married and whose wife is here would never comment on this thread... I would kill my husband if he replied. Ahh yea my wife is outta shape. But being the wonderful husband he is, he would never even think about doing that. He may think it but he would never publically say it...

But I do understand your point. I do have a few friends who think its okay to let themselves go since they got the man. One even told me Ive been married for 30 years. this is as good as it gets. I'm afraid to ever think that way. Men are visual creatures who get turned on by sight. Mama always told me that we have to be visually appealing to our spouses. they can get as fat and out of shape as they want but we cant. It aint right but its true...
    Women do have alot of pressure to be and remain physically fit.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Im not married but me and my girlfriends were talking about this too. I hated that i gained weight so i dropped my boyfriend still likes me the samebut anyways this other girl mentioned shes put weight on (obviously ) but dosnt care because she has a signig. other. I agree with the post above, married/taken woman generally get more comfortable and "stop trying" if you will where as single woman work hard as they want to attract someone
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Eurgh

Pronunciation????
    Could you spell that phonetically, please?
  • wildside79
    Options
    My wife is on here and I'll comment. Yeah - after our second child we both got out of shape and put on a bunch of excess baggage. You don't have anyone to try to impress anymore, so you just let things slide.

Fortunately we decided to work together to get back in shape and look completely different then what we did 20 months ago.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I'm sure there are plenty of women who have no problem talking about their husbands weight though... Double Standard?
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    Im not married but me and my girlfriends were talking about this too. I hated that i gained weight so i dropped my boyfriend still likes me the samebut anyways this other girl mentioned shes put weight on (obviously ) but dosnt care because she has a signig. other. I agree with the post above, married/taken woman generally get more comfortable and "stop trying" if you will where as single woman work hard as they want to attract someone
    thanks for the Honest level headed responds....Im mean this is real talk! people do get outta shape and expect there sign. other to just "deal with it, if you love me" I dont think that is always ok....depending on the circumstances surrounding the weight gain.
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    I'm sure there are plenty of women who have no problem talking about their husbands weight though... Double Standard?
    [/quote]

So true....or "other" things they hate about men!
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I joke with my husband that he could divorce me because of fraud. I've gained 90lbs in the 7 years we've been together. And honestly I never thought "I have him now, I can just let myself go". I started eating differently with him, bigger meals. I started to eat as much as he did. He had 5 pieces of pizza i did too. I also have some medical things that caused it but that can't be my excuse.

I'm losing weight for myself but also for my family. I want him to be proud that I am his wife. He tells me I'm beautiful but I know he'd like it if I was healthier.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    her weight gain is from sitting still lol and eating unhealthy. her boyfriend though is like a poster of fitness as is mine but for me i found it motivating to be in shape for him ( he is a fire fighter) and i guess she dosnt but no i agree some people get comfy where they are
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options

Women do have alot of pressure to be and remain physically fit.

Yep and its so unfair. But such is life.
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    they call it "happy weight"
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    MrSassypants is on here, I hope he does answer this thread.

I let myself go, he never said a word about it, just loved me for who I am. He was more concerned about how unhappy I was with myself than the extra 60 pounds I had gained. Now we are both working hard to be smokin' naked.
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    My wife is on here and I'll comment. Yeah - after our second child we both got out of shape and put on a bunch of excess baggage. You don't have anyone to try to impress anymore, so you just let things slide.

Fortunately we decided to work together to get back in shape and look completely different then what we did 20 months ago.
    Thats what Im talking about! the honest true....and the pure beauty of it all...you both deided to work together to get back in shape! LOVE IT!