Men..Is your wife outta shape?

Options

Replies

• JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    This is true, and I've seen it, people gaining more weight now that they are married. Personally I wouldn't let that happen, I want to always look good for my guy! He deserves it.

It happens with single women too. Things happen, life happens, I have commented several times, but I am married and LOSING weight. It's unfair to assume that because a woman is married, that automatically means she will gain weight. And girl, you don't know that it "won't" happen. Pregnancy happens = weight gain. Hormones get off kilter = weight gain. Injuries happen sometimes = weight gain. Sickness happens sometimes = weight gain. Depression happens = weight gain. Grief happens sometimes = weight gain. It's part of life, and it's about loving someone your committed to through it all. Of course we need to make the effort to take care of ourselves, I am in no way denying that, but sometimes things just happen.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    ALL GIRLS PAY ATTENTION: If you get fatter after marriage, this will cause your husband to be less attracted to you. If he was attracted to fat, he would have married fat. But no, you are fit, you are toned, you have nice, proportional measurements. He likes that. The more you keep that, the longer he will stick around. You want to know a major reason on why guys cheat? THIS. As you get fat, your libido goes way down, and you dont want to spend the energy to "do it." If more people paid attention to this, less marriages will fall apart. The woman keeps man happy, and in return, man keeps woman happy, and has no reason to cheat. We like the boobs to be past the stomach, at least! If your stomach reaches farther than the boobs, this is a big nono. Take this advice with urgency. I know a few people are in this position that are reading this post.

douche
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion. I was that "fat" wife that got complacent and let myself go for many reasons. I'm divorced now, and in a good, long term relationship. For me, it is important for me to be sexy and attractive for my man and he doesn't let himself go either. If I start gaining, or reaching for that second helping he will call me on it and I can do the same with him without getting offended. If your partner can't be honest with you then there's a problem and you are too sensitive. Ladies, your man may love you no matter what, but if they were to be totally honest with you may get your feelings hurt. Sometimes that hurt can bring on a positive change. Everyone likes to be proud of that person on their arm.

Thank you! If HE doesn't want me porking up, you can *pretty much* bet that I will not be happy with it either. He and I both take very good care of ourselves. We remind each other to get enough water, "you don't REALLY want mashed potatoes, do you honey? Let's just split a sweet potato", Lets go for a walk before the football party to make room for extra beer...... He and I care about each other and love each other. We love each other enough to hold one another accountable for the choices we make and not let the other person unkowingly slide up the scale. If you are with some one that you love that does meth, are you gonna be as understanding? I doubt it. And if you are, then weight is the least of your problems.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My wife was in better shape than I was the day we were wed. I do not blame her getting out of shape on our marriage. She got out of the Army to take care of our son that was on the way. Being busy with a newborn baby, moving to the other side of the country, and adapting to an entirely different lifestyle she did not have the time and energy to exercise. The sudden stop of all physical training and being pregnant took a toll on her body. I still found her attractive so along comes baby number two. She did gain more weight with this baby, and it started the vicious cycle over again. I joined MFP, got motivated and changed my lifestyle to a healthier one. After a while, she decided to do the same. She got back to her pre-pregnancy weight, and is now pregnant again. Am i upset? No. Would I change anything about her weight, fitness level or current situation. Absolutely not. I love her no matter what her weight may be. I am glad she has made the decision to live a healthier lifestyle not only for herself, but for our children, but I would support her regardless of her decisions.

If other women feel that they can let themselves go just because they are married, then they probably shouldn't be married in my opinion. If you decided to get healthy for that arbitrary of a reason, then I would imagine the choice you make for a life partner may not be the best choice for you either.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Single people are still trying to find a mate or at least make it on to someones booty call list, so they tend to be more aware of how they look.
    eh, speak for yourself!! 'Booty call list'? Is that a list of names a person has if they want sex (sorry, I'm not American so am not completely familiar with phraseology)? Is that not just prostitution but without money changing hands?
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I posted in this before I read enough. Some of you are awful people, and no amount of skinny will change that.
    ^^ THIS, THIS, THIS!! ^^
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight after marriage doesn't make your husband less attracted to you and make him cheat. A faithful husband wouldn't care what his wife looks like and will stay with her no matter what happens. I have been married for almost 5 years and gained 50 lbs throughout our marriage because I has Anorexia before I got married so after we were married my husband always made sure I ate. I am trying to lose 20 lbs of the 50 right now.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Single people are still trying to find a mate or at least make it on to someones booty call list, so they tend to be more aware of how they look.
    eh, speak for yourself!! 'Booty call list'? Is that a list of names a person has if they want sex (sorry, I'm not American so am not completely familiar with phraseology)? Is that not just prostitution but without money changing hands?

It is a list of women a guy can call when he is out of options for the night. Usually, the list is filled with women who have low or no self esteem, and the guy knows he has the game to call them up and arrange a meeting. Visit an American night club sometime. Filled with low self esteem girls that tart themselves up to get guys to look at them. Pretty funny, really.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It is a list of women a guy can call when he is out of options for the night. Usually, the list is filled with women who have low or no self esteem, and the guy knows he has the game to call them up and arrange a meeting. Visit an American night club sometime. Filled with low self esteem girls that tart themselves up to get guys to look at them. Pretty funny, really.

@j_wilson2012
    That I agree with, 100% :laugh:

Only I feel bad for the girls who do that :tongue:
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Gaining weight after marriage doesn't make your husband less attracted to you and make him cheat. A faithful husband wouldn't care what his wife looks like and will stay with her no matter what happens. I have been married for almost 5 years and gained 50 lbs throughout our marriage because I has Anorexia before I got married so after we were married my husband always made sure I ate. I am trying to lose 20 lbs of the 50 right now.

Once again......MEDICAL ISSUE!!!........and, to the first line.......really?
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    ...i'm in better shape than my husband. he would agree with me... hate the double standard that's out there.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    translates -

Hi Im PERFECT but I really want to hear men's stories about having girls who arent! fun times!!! cmon play along!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    wow lots of sensitive women in this thread. :drinker:
  • GetFitGirl29
    Options
    For me, it is absolutely important that I remain appealing for my husband! Yes I gained after 3 children, with one being only 4 months right now, But I`m working hard to shed these pounds. My husband don`t complain about my weight. He said he loves me the way I am, But I still wanna lose for me. I think I look 10 times better thinner!! But overall, I think its definitely considerate to "remain" appealing to your mate after marriage..
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Women -- are your husbands going bald?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This... is the single most ridiculous thing I've read all day. There is far more that contributes to cheating than a woman 'getting fat' and not being pleasing to her man. And by the way, I've seen a lot of very overweight men out there... are they immune from this theory of yours?

If your 'advice' is applied to men, the stomach shouldn't reach any further than a man's pride and joy. If it does, that's it - the woman cheats.

And now, I'm going to go continue laughing at this whole exchange.
    THIS is why I married you, Leech.

You just love me for my snark... :tongue:
  • lyonsfool03
    Options
    I can truly say my wife put on some weight after we got together but it does look great on her. She was very petite and when she put on a little bit it definately went to the right spots. Regardless my wife could be 100 lbs over weight and I would NOT love her any less. I did marry the girl of my dreams and my friend of 18 years. We have been married a year and a half and it has been the best decision of my life. Though this past year she has been having many health problems causing her weight she is still so gorgeous....
  • ahappydancer
    ahappydancer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I posted in this before I read enough. Some of you are awful people, and no amount of skinny will change that.
    ^^ THIS, THIS, THIS!! ^^

No joke. I didn't realize we had so many "experts" on women and relationships. <-sarcasm
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ...Marriages go stale often because people just let themselves go. They think it doesn't matter anymore because they love you for you... which is true...but women should WANT to look good for their husband, at least I think!!!

I agree! I want my future husband to be proud as hell of the woman on his arm! ...or at least be hottest daughter in law in the family ;)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    This... is the single most ridiculous thing I've read all day. There is far more that contributes to cheating than a woman 'getting fat' and not being pleasing to her man. And by the way, I've seen a lot of very overweight men out there... are they immune from this theory of yours?

If your 'advice' is applied to men, the stomach shouldn't reach any further than a man's pride and joy. If it does, that's it - the woman cheats.

And now, I'm going to go continue laughing at this whole exchange.
    THIS is why I married you, Leech.

You just love me for my snark... :tongue:

Seriously, given all the douche canoes that seem to be out there -- I'm glad I got somebody who's love and devotion isn't based on 75 pounds. Funny how I want to stay in shape and look nice for you (and let's not lie, me too) because you're not telling me I need to deserve your love.

People.