What does your SO (Signifigant Other) do to support you?

Options

Replies

• bevsmith01
    Options
    My hubby installed a home gym in our basement for me so I can not only lose weight but regain health and strength. He also purchased an adult tricycle for me so I could get back to bike riding. I have a neurological condition that affects balance and coordination so I haven't been able to bike ride in years! Just took it our for a spin last weekend! And last, but not least, he eats all my healthy recipes without grumbling....too much. LOL
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love this thread....:heart:
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    he helps me work out :wink:
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    nothing....my change in diet has actually caused some problems. Yesterday, he brought cake and ice cream.....I have never brought cake and ice cream other than birthdays...

grrrr. seriously? do you think hes trying to sabotage you?
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    she gets up with me at 3AM and makes my breakfast while I shower.I tell her I can do it but she insists and then we have coffee, talk, and I leave for work at 4:15 am. Great wife!!!
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    after watching me drop weight and being so happy with this website he joined today <3 now it's gonna be a competition!! GAME ON.
  • goldenbrown88
    goldenbrown88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great thread :-)

My boyfriend is a gym buff and does martial arts AND plays football, but he's never made me feel pressured about being less-than-fit. He doesn't mind me cramping his style at his gym and always seems to strike the right balance between pushing me when I'm being lazy and making me feel better when I'm being negative about my body.

It's a massive help to have support - it's surprising how some loved ones become suddenly critical of a person when they're losing weight (even those who previously tried to encourage it!).
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    He runs and hikes with me:) even though he is way faster than I am
  • jayde87
    jayde87 Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this together, a new lifestyle for both of us (might even get my hubbies mojo back lol)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

My imaginary boyfriend, Jason Bateman, is very flattering. He's also 100% attentive, respects my choices and needs, and takes care of me completely in every aspect of my life. And he's a gourmet chef who specializes in balanced meals, nutritionally rich, full flavor foods.

I'm sorry. I think I might be having lustful thoughts and designs on your boyfriend. Please, forgive me? I do apologize but I just can't help it. :flowerforyou:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    This week was our 15th anniversary. He got me a weight bench and all the weights, even though he has no interest in them.

(This was a good anniversary present. I have been trying to get a weight bench for about a year.)
  • susiebear29
    Options
    NOTHING!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • BmoreGinger
    Options
    My SO is actually on MFP and is on his own health journey with me! :) It helps A LOT because he knows how the "process" works and understands why I can't just eat whatever I want every meal. There's a method to the madness, and he knows that.

Also, he goes to my races and always cheers me on even on my regular runs from home. He's a keeper. :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    My BF is always supportive of me, he went through the same weight loss journey I did, so we both are constantly keeping up with our workouts and eating good. We run together and work out together when we can, so happy he is there for me!!!
  • BmoreGinger
    Options
    Jason Bateman sounds FABULOUS! :)
  • srowe2
    srowe2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can sometimes get my fiance to go to the gym, but I go pretty early in the morning. He is not a morning person.

Other than that, not really anything. Whenever I leave dinner to him, it means pizza or chinese. So I have to make all the meals. I am using the book "Cook This Not That". When I first showed him all the recipes I thought looked good and started talking about how healthy they were, he got upset saying he didn't want to change what he eats. I have made a few recipes though, and he seems to like them.

I can't take him to the grocery store, or he will load up the cart with frozen mozzarella sticks, chips, hotdogs, ice cream, and hotpockets. He still will go out and get that stuff while I am at work, but at least by the time I get home, he has eaten it. He will eat 4 hotdogs at a time, and use pretty much the whole 5 lb bag of cheese to make quesadillas.

I am hoping that as I lose weight, that he will join in. I did get him to join a gym with me. He goes sometimes to lift weights, but other than that he pretty much is attached to the couch and the computer.

He is 6'1" and weighs 290 lb. I am pretty worried about him, but I can't make that change for him.
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    love this. my hubby helpes me with the shopping, has agreed to eat better as a family and makes sure I have time to work out, and will even go on walks with me. Last night I appologized to him for talking so much about the journey I am on, and he said not to worry, he was glad I was so excited about it. <3 !
  • chiedo_le_donne212
    chiedo_le_donne212 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    the why my husband supports me .is when i ask for chips or any kind of bad food he tells me no. he tells me im a skinny b****. which in his why is telling me im doing a good job. but my best support is my 3 year old daughter that ask if im going to exercise and tries to do some with my and counts when im doing sit ups and says wtg after im done with exercise, couldn't ask for more.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing!
  • Maggie821
    Maggie821 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One word ....SABOTAGE!

These are typical conversations at my house:
    me: "Honey, I'm going to cut alcohol out of my diet and see if that helps".
    him: "Hey babe, I picked up your favorite wine to go with dinner tonight, and I bought chips and salsa, cheese and crackers to go with it"

me: "I have to get my workout in this morning"
    him: "Can you help me with this, and then this, and then this???" and at the end of the day "Hey don't you need to get your workout in?"

me: "I have healthy salads planned tonight with grilled chicken"
    him: "I have freshly baked bread and loads of butter to go with it"

You get the idea --- he eats,drinks, doesn't work out, and yet his weight stays within a healthy range. Now I know he isn't truly healthy...and that's what I have to keep in my head. But it is still so frustrating to not have the support I need from him.