New Years Challenge

Options
So I just finished a challenge hosted by inskydiamonds. I really enjoyed being in the challenge and I thought it would be interesting to host my own. Participating in a challenge has really helped me with accountability and motivated me even more to do the best I could do. I'm basing a lot of this challenge on the way inskydiamonds did her own. She really did a great job.

So I was thinking about the New Year's resolution I made last year. My goal was to lose sixty pounds. I'm not going to be able to make that goal but I can get as close to it as I possibly can. I was thinking this challenge could run from September 5,2012 to December 26,2012.

Everyone would weigh in once a week and post their weight to this forum. Each week there could be little mini challenges like getting so many minutes of exercise in for that week, or drinking a certain amount of water each day. Anything along those lines. I just really want people to feel as motivated by this challenge as I did during my last one.

Let me know if anyone is interested. First weigh in would be next Friday.

Edit:

I am definitely going to do this so if you want to participate go ahead and let me know your starting weight and your goal weight for the challenge. Also, tell me a goal that doesn't have to do with the scale!

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love long-term challenges because they help me see the big picture when things get frustrating. Count me in if you decide to do it!
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    I'm in... I like Christmas, but I don't like looking like Santa :-)
  • MNJohn0
    MNJohn0 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    OK. I will go for it.

Today I an 192 but I will let you know my start weight for the challenge on 9/5.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Sounds great! I love it, just before Christmas. Please count me in definitely!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That sounds great guys! Don't forget to weigh next Friday!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    Well guys as of right now not too many people seem interested in doing this challenge. However, I would still be interested in doing it with just a few of us if you guys still wanted to go through with it. Just let me know!
  • relly77
    relly77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • mazzy72
    mazzy72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can count me in !!!
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Also just finished a challenge. Am sure up for a new one, if it´s open for more - are you starting a closed group where we can write to each other?
  • mwgner
    mwgner Posts: 115
    Options
    I am totally game for this. Cannot wait to start this.
  • mizzsami
    mizzsami Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Good way to stay motivated.
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm game for this as well!
  • I want to join!!!

SW: as of today 184.8
    GW: by Dec26 160
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll join you.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    @Bola 17

I had planned on leaving the group open. I want people to be able to join even after the challenge begins. Here is where I will put up the spreadsheet for the weekly losses.I also plan on putting up some mini goals each week. And I hope in this group we can offer each other a little bit of healthy competition as well as support.
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am game. I will give my start weight on Friday...
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @Bola 17

I had planned on leaving the group open. I want people to be able to join even after the challenge begins. Here is where I will put up the spreadsheet for the weekly losses.I also plan on putting up some mini goals each week. And I hope in this group we can offer each other a little bit of healthy competition as well as support.

Sounds good!! I´m in :smile:
  • lucero862004
    lucero862004 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...I'm in :)
  • lucero862004
    lucero862004 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dont mean to be slow but, I'm new to the site, how can i find the topic later for weigh ins? Can i somehow set it as a favorite or something, or do i search for it? lol
  • Meersy22
    Meersy22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, can I join please. I need a challenge to keep me on the straight and narrow :smile: M.

SW: 150lb
    GW: 130lb