New Years Challenge

Options

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Wasn's planning on working out today - but it was such a nice evening, and my 6 year old stayed in the combine after supper with his dad, so I decide to take my 4 year old for a walk in the jogging stroller. Did 4.6km burning 309 cals. Back to 30 day shred tom till friday. Took today off since I did todays workout yesturday - so I guess that would make today an extra 45 minute workout. Just need to get in an extra 15 more minutes this week. Hope everyone had a great Monday.
  • cautwell
    cautwell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too! me too! Can I join??

CW: 130
    GW: 115
    Non Weight Goal: size 6 Christmas jeans :D
  • RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge too.

CW as of 9/5:209
    GW by 12/26: somewhere in the 180s

A non weight related goal: to be able to complete all levels of the 30ds
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Would love to be part of this challenge!!!
    SW 146
    CW 138
    GW 128
    Want to get down to my goal weight by New Years (which is totally realistic but I just like to eat sweets), and continue on with the running I started. The summer was hard because of lots of vacation and I had a hard time being structured with exercise and watching my food, but now that fall is here and back to a routine I want to concentrate getting to my goal
    Non-scale goal --- Want to be a yummy mommy!!!!
  • marmalade628
    marmalade628 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well today I did better in my choices. Not perfect but better. I got my exercise in and that helped even more. :smile: One thing about this site it really lets you know why you are gaining and not loosing the weight. It has opened my eyes to the amount of food that I have been eating and the kinds of foods that are just not good for me.

So hope that by tomorrow and next weigh in I have lost at least the 2 lbs. that we are all trying to work towards. :happy:
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This week is improving. I must say, I am making smarter choices with food. One day at a time. I actually cooked all day today, except for Subway; and some treats from 7eleven. I should have stayed home instead of going to 7eleven. I knew it was a bad decision, but it is what it is. I almost did not work out today, but when I got home my order of hip hop abs arrived. And a statement in the reading was if your not sick or in pain, get to work. And I did. I am hoping to see some weight lost this week.

235 here I come.
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym yesterday and normaly do 60 mins of cardio. But I took this weeks mini challenge and thought okay, this week is going to be crazy, lets add 30 more minutes.

But then this guy walks in who used to be an instructor there and I really like to watch him work out, so I took a 45 min very brisk walk with a warming belt and enjoyed the view.
    Plus I made an appointment to make sure I will go to the gym again and not excuse myselfe because my workplace is a spot in hell latley!

I must say, this challenge is really getting my butt of the couch (and I am thankfull for that, hope to keep them coming)
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wasn's planning on working out today - but it was such a nice evening, and my 6 year old stayed in the combine after supper with his dad, so I decide to take my 4 year old for a walk in the jogging stroller. Did 4.6km burning 309 cals. Back to 30 day shred tom till friday. Took today off since I did todays workout yesturday - so I guess that would make today an extra 45 minute workout. Just need to get in an extra 15 more minutes this week. Hope everyone had a great Monday.

That is awesome! I always feel great after completing an unplanned workout. I feel extra proud of myself for taking the initiative and you should feel the same! Proud of you for getting that workout in!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    Well today I did better in my choices. Not perfect but better. I got my exercise in and that helped even more. :smile: One thing about this site it really lets you know why you are gaining and not loosing the weight. It has opened my eyes to the amount of food that I have been eating and the kinds of foods that are just not good for me.

So hope that by tomorrow and next weigh in I have lost at least the 2 lbs. that we are all trying to work towards. :happy:

Good luck to you this week. I have faith in you to lose that 2 pounds or atleast work your butt off trying!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    This week is improving. I must say, I am making smarter choices with food. One day at a time. I actually cooked all day today, except for Subway; and some treats from 7eleven. I should have stayed home instead of going to 7eleven. I knew it was a bad decision, but it is what it is. I almost did not work out today, but when I got home my order of hip hop abs arrived. And a statement in the reading was if your not sick or in pain, get to work. And I did. I am hoping to see some weight lost this week.

235 here I come.

With that attitude you'll be at your goal in no time!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    I was at the gym yesterday and normaly do 60 mins of cardio. But I took this weeks mini challenge and thought okay, this week is going to be crazy, lets add 30 more minutes.

But then this guy walks in who used to be an instructor there and I really like to watch him work out, so I took a 45 min very brisk walk with a warming belt and enjoyed the view.
    Plus I made an appointment to make sure I will go to the gym again and not excuse myselfe because my workplace is a spot in hell latley!

I must say, this challenge is really getting my butt of the couch (and I am thankfull for that, hope to keep them coming)

I am glad this mini challenge is helping you, it is also really motivating me as well! I am glad you got some enjoyment out of the view you had at the gym. Some times it is the craziest things that motivate us to keep going just a little bit longer!
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    count me in
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. When do we start the first weigh in? was it the 14th September?
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    Hello everyone!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AliuR6rtHhhjdFJ1MUZCMlYwb3kxelZ0d2pnZUhDVUE#gid=0

That is the latest link for the spreadsheet. Let me know if you see anything in there that is not correct. I have no issue fixing it.

We have lots of people participating in this challenge and I want to see every single one of you complete it and make your goals. I have faith all of us can reach our goal, no matter what it may be by New Years.

Just a few reminders, our first weigh in is this Friday! Just a few short days away. Please do your best to weigh in. If you don't weigh in for three consecutive weeks I will drop you from the spreadsheet. I don't want to see that happen because I want everyone to complete this challenge! Also, our mini challenge was to add 60 minutes of exercise to our week. I have already seen some participants completing this goal. You all are truly motivating!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    I'm in too. When do we start the first weigh in? was it the 14th September?

I need your starting weight and your goal weight. First weigh is this Friday.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    count me in

I also need your starting weight and goal weight. First weigh in will be this Friday!
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My start weight is 215 lbs. I would like to lose 14 lbs by the 26th December 2012
  • mamajoytimes2
    Options
    Keeping track of my exercise minutes for the challenge this week!

Regular Exercise: 20 minutes per day X 7 days per week = 140
    Challenge Exercise: 60 minutes
    Total Exercise: 200
    Current Progress:
    Friday = 20; Saturday = 40; Sunday = 0; Monday = 30; Tuesday = 25
    Regular Exercise: 80/140
    Challenge Exercise: 35/60
    Total Exercise: 115/200

Over half way there! How is everyone else doing?
  • mamajoytimes2
    Options

Holy wow - that is awesome!!!
  • smit6211
    Options
    Hey so I got in more than 60 minutes of exercise at the gym yesterday!! I planned on only being there for 30 minutes but a show that I loved came on and I stayed an watched the whole hour!

So that is what my new plan is because I seem to work out harder if my mind is on something else. I am going to try and find shows that I like to watch while I work out.

Does anyone know some good arm exercises. I am so bored with working out my arms but I really need too! Any advice would be great!

Hope everyone is doing good!!