Friday Weighers

Options
anjoneill
anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
Hello Everyone

I thought that I would set up a thread to enable all those who weigh in on a Friday, and that includes me to record their results, good or bad. It will hopefully also provide encouragement and support.

I have had a number of weeks where I have gained weight but this week I have been able to shed 4.2lb. I have lost a total of 26.6lb since 3 September 2011. I still have 4.2lb to drop before I get to goal weight and then it will be learning how to maintain.

Replies

• totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Wtg! I'll see if I can keep up a friday weigh-in!
  • munchkin100
    Options
    Hi Its great to reach the end of the week and have lost. My initial goal was to lose weight before my walking holiday... that is on 8th Sept and I have done what I set out to achieve. The last walking holiday I went on was hard work carrying around extra weight my hips and legs were sore and I knew I had 5-6 weeks before the next break, I made the decision along with a fellow walker who, by the way, has pulled out of the break altogether, think it was when I caught him eating cream cakes at a tea stop on one of our weekend walks!!!! Never mind... I stuck with it, would like to lose 1lb in the next week. Then im good to go.

Then when Im back I will look again at my next goal.... gotta be the Christmas Do!.... another 10 lbs off maybe....

Oh to be classed in the normal weight category :-)

12365042.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    good job!. I weigh myself on wednesdays tho:noway:
  • lisamlc
    lisamlc Posts: 61
    Options
    I weigh on Friday mornings (after a visit to the loo!) I lost 6lbs this week (no idea how I lost that much) and I am down 23lbs since 23/7/12 :)
  • tomm74
    tomm74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone on the loss!

I've been ill (and stressed) this week, so wasn't too surprised with a small gain (1lb) - but still disappointing!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i'm a friday weigher! i do fridays because saturdays are my "free" days and i need sunday-thursday to recover! LOL! so that is why i weigh in on fridays. i don't have much to lose though...just those last 5 vanity pounds. so far i've lost just a little over 1 pound in the 25 days i've been on MFP logging in. but i've also stepped up my strength training and am definitely seeing greater losses in my measurements.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I'm in!! I'll be weighing myself later this morning. Wish me luck! :smile:
  • tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a friday weigher also. slight gain this week. post holiday blues....
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    i'm a friday weigher! i do fridays because saturdays are my "free" days and i need sunday-thursday to recover! LOL! so that is why i weigh in on fridays. i don't have much to lose though...just those last 5 vanity pounds. so far i've lost just a little over 1 pound in the 25 days i've been on MFP logging in. but i've also stepped up my strength training and am definitely seeing greater losses in my measurements.
    I'm the same - and I think it closes out the week nicely, especially as Friday is my looooong session at the gym for cardio AND strength
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Friday mornings (after a visit to the loo!)

Ditto! But I haven't been to sleep yet, so I probably won't weigh until....well whatever time I wake up.
    Down 16.6 since 7/31/12! =)
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    2 lbs
  • humidex8
    humidex8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Down 1.3lbs.. a loss is a loss and that's great, but I feel it's going sooo slowly lately -.- I eat out way too much!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself daily (which I would usually prefer not to, but) because whenever I play the Wii Fit, part of the body test is telling you your current BMI and how much you've lost since the last time you played. I do not, however, weigh-in on here daily. I really haven't set any particular day to weigh-in - I just weigh in when my weight change is pretty significant to me, ahahaha.

However, I think I will set up a day to weigh-in - it may motivate me more and make me feel more obligated to eat well and exercise to reach my goals, since I would be letting all my friends on here in on my progress. I'll see about weighing on Fridays - the day of the week really doesn't make much difference to me.
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not losing any nor gain. I just start out this week so wish me luck. Though luck have nothing to do with losing weight.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays... no scale loss today but I lost 0.5 inches from my stomach. :grumble:

A little disappointed, but today is a new week!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi I weigh on Friday morning 1st thing (after the loo lol). Lost 1.6lbs this week I have upped my cals and doing the fat2fit way but not quite the full amount of cals they suggest. Seems to be working you avoid the starvation mode as you don't go below your bmr.

well done on all the losses and if you gained it's a new week for us from tomorrow so try not to be too down hearted x
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My weigh day today too. Very disappointing! Felt like I'd had one of the best weeks ever since starting but the scale hasn't budged!!! Boo hoo xx
  • SovanJedi
    SovanJedi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I weight myself on Fridays too, so it's good to find somewhere for us to congregate. :D

Today marks my 35th pound lost since April 2012, and the lightest I have been in nearly 15 years, almost half my life. :0

(Also a Friday weigh-in sets the bar nicely for when I start my regularly scheduled weekend of cheat days so it's a reward for doing so well the whole week. Woohoo!)
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I´m a friday weigher. I´m standing still this week though, I seem to stand still every other week. first 10 weeks after I changed my lifestyle I lost 2 lbs every week, now it is about 2 lbs every other week.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! It is good good to see so many of you responding to my post.

Well done to all of those who have lost or stayed the same this week. Even if the scales have not moved it is likely that you will have made some small improvement to your health and it is only a matter of time before the results become obvious.

For those of you have gained we will be willing yo on during the next week and looking forward to reading your posts next week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!