Why do YOU delete "friends"

Options

Replies

• jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    I typically delete people when they don't log in for an extended period of time, or if they are not making any progress or even trying to make progress. I am not here simply to collect friends; I want to be encouraged while encouraging others.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    if they haven't logged in for over a month
    if they do not interact with me at all.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    innapropriate sexual content or anything else I feel crosses the line.

Personally I am not here to get anything remotely close to that out of this site. I dont need attention or flirting over the internet with you. Especially if you are married or even in a relationship.
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If they're sending me dirty messages, or if they don't interact with me. I want FRIENDS, not just people on a list.

indeed
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Because:

-They never stop updating their status... NEVER!! I don't care what your boss just said to you, I don't care what song you're listening to!

Ha! Don't friend me! :tongue:

I like being able to converse with folks during the day. It makes my long, boring day at work feel a little better.

To the OP: I usually friend anyone who asks. I only delete people if they quit logging in for a long time. My friends list is getting pretty large though, so I may have to be more discriminatory.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have only deleted one person - she updated constantly and wrote novels so I couldn't see any posts from my other friends. I felt terrible...for about a minute! LOL!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Anyone who hasn't logged in for a month.

In one case someone who chose prayer over medical advice for a seriously ill child.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    b/c he wears a banana hammock and I just get tired of seeing his junk every time I log in.

if i deleted all my friends who posted pics in the banana hammocks, id have no friends....lol
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    - ED or eating under 1100 regularly
    - Mean/rude/arrogant
    - obvious friend collector
    -creeper

Sometimes I just look through my FL. If I see someone and I can't think of anything about them (a meaningful interaction), or I think, "wait who is this person?", then I consider deletion.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I deleted 2 people today for the sole reason they dont have anything in common with me, its not personal.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The only thing that led me to delete someone so far was when all they ever ate was fast food and ready meals every single day, and I usually check out my friends food diaries when they're done logging for the day (for meal inspiration and stuff) and I just didn't want to be seeing all the fast food and junk every day :)
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    A couple of months of not logging, no one else has irritated me enough yet to remove them.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I delete for inactivity or lack of logging... nothing personal :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I can't stand ignorant or cocky people.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged in a month ..
    ^ THIS
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ! People whom I believe have left for good like up to 2 weeks to a month inactive.
    ! Girls still participating in ED tendencies, it's okay if they want to ACTUALLY RECOVER and want to be healthy, I will support, but girls who are posting about how happy a stomach grumble makes them or how they just puked up their sandwich make me too sad.
    I feel terrible deleting others so I usually never do.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I can't stand ignorant or cocky people.

yup yup!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I delete after a year of no-show. Or if they Deleted their account.....I check about every month or so.

Sometimes stuff happens and they dissapear for a bit. I have gone MIA for a month here and there because of.....different reasons. Come back to find people have deleted me. Good Grief, it was not like I made my monitor die and had to save up the money to get a new one. Or the hard drive. Plus I really did not mean to get heat-stroke and not even have the umph to go to work. (did though, bills don't pay themselves...right?)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I delete:

-Attention *kitten*. I don't want to look at your a*s and tits....and I don't want to hear about them all day long. Nor do I want to see you throw yourself at every guy on your friends list.

-Someone who is mean or extremely critical

-If all your posts are stupid silly *kitten* that has nothing to do with fitness or your weight (once and awhile is good....all the time is annoying)
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    This is part of the friend request disclaimer on my profile . . . yeah, I come with a warning label.

Fastest ways to get deleted from my friends list:
    - Fail to interact with me in some way - this crap makes me pissy.
    - Be consistently negative and/or complain about lack of progress while failing to take any advice or do anything to change it - again, makes me pissy.
    - B!tch at me about things I post in the forums, in my status updates or the things my friends say in their comments - opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one, if you don't like mine or my friend's then get the *kitten* out.

Oh, and sometimes I just get trigger happy when I start clicking the X. *shrugs*