Why do YOU delete "friends"

Options

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    people complaining about not losing weight and cant figure out why...and their food dairy has taco bell and cheesies on it every single day
  • mia840
    mia840 Posts: 42
    Options
    Haven't deleted. But I'd delete for being rude.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Because I couldn't keep up with every single person on my FL and comment on their accomplishments, food diary, exercise etc. I deleted almost everyone but a handful of people and they're really people that I actually interact with.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    * Annoyance with posts
    * Longer than one month since last login

That's probably it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Not dedicated

Always on a new faddy eating plan

EMTLW preachers who has lost nothing in soooooo long! Lol. X
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    some days I go emo and cut from my list to take away the pain of having to deal with them
    mqdefault.jpg \m/
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't usually delete someone unless their motive is clear of anything besides weight loss support. If a guy (or a female for that matter) were being obviously overly flirty, they get deleted. Either that or being spammy, selling a product. Buh-bye!!

I don't delete for inactivity. They are usually the ones who need the most support.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have only ever deleted 3 people, and it is mostly because they were encouraging ED behavior; barely eating anything. Upset that they "binged" (total food intake was 300). I just cannot support that. I am sorry
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    If you can't take the time to compliment my banana hammock shots which I took the time to take for you, you clearly don't need my support or encouragement.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Not logging in regularly
    Logging less than 1200 calories
    Fowl language

I believe that's all.

I won't delete anyone for this really but, it irks me when people post cleaning,cooking,everyday life activities for exercise.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Not logging in regularly
    Logging less than 1200 calories
    Fowl language

I believe that's all.

I won't delete anyone for this really but, it irks me when people post cleaning,cooking,everyday life activities for exercise.

Does fowl language include saying "cluck"? :p
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh and this too. =) It's really annoying. Especially the hypocritical ones... who would delete someone else for something they do themselves.
  • amann_84
    amann_84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I kind of got out of the habit of adding people that I don't know personally, but when I did add people I didn't know it was a lot of the same things. Not taking fitness serious, Random post about being drunk or partying on the weekends, also not logging in 30 days or more...
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I've only had to delete one person, and that's because they went into a very discriminatory/ vaguely insane religious rant on my page. It was very strange.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I deleted someone because I felt they were fishing for too much personal info from as many "friends" as they could. No you don't need my exact date of birth or to know what I earn or my mother's maiden name for that matter.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I don't delete friends... I get rid of strangers.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    If you can't take the time to compliment my banana hammock shots which I took the time to take for you, you clearly don't need my support or encouragement.

You sir, win 1000 internets
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I delete folks who:
    1. Don't log in for a few weeks
    2. Have crazy ramblings on their wall that I can't interpret
    3. Consistently eat ridiculously low calories

However, I was recently deleted by one of my favorite MFP friends (seriously, one of my best friends on here) because we had a different opinion on gun rights. Seriously. The man has over 200 friends and deleted me because *I* subjected *his* friends to *my* views, and I "crossed the line by doing so." Even though I was also subjected to the views of the friends that shared in his opinion...cuz that's not the same thing at all. Yeah, my feelings are a little hurt. :(
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You sir, win 1000 internets

FINALLY someone appreciates my boudoir shots!
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    - Annoying
    - Treats MFP like Facebook
    - Attention seeker
    - Won't eat a sufficient amount of calories
    - Continuously falls off the wagon and *****es about it
    - Hasn't logged in for a month

S'about it.