Why do YOU delete "friends"

Options

Replies

• Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Not being active on here, or not showing support of any kind.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    People who have lots of reasons why they delete friends.

No, I haven't deleted anyone. If I ever did, it would be because I reached too many friends and had no more room. Then I'd delete the most inactive people. But I don't think that's going to be a problem.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I only delete people who refuse to follow my expert advice. I mean, who do they think they are! They'll listen to some doctor or some licensed nutritionist and sometimes even some book they read. I'm the expert! Why, I've lost hundreds of pounds over the years! What could be more expert than that?? Anyway, I haven't deleted anybody, but, boy howdy, if I find out they're not listening to me, I just might!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have a few reasons why:

1. You aren't logging in regularly
    2. We don't seem to have any common ground other than weight loss
    3. You UNDER eat all the time - I can't congratulate you on this and if I can't interact with you we have nothing in common besides wanting to lose weight.
    4. You talk too much on your status... I have more friends than just one and I would like to be able to see their comments sometimes too.
    5. You seem to be too serious in your "just joking - sexual come ons" and you're married or involved with someone.
    6. Every other word from you has you praising the Lord - too religious for me.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    People who feel compelled to express their racist, sexist political opinions in their status updates, omg I delete them so fast it's ridiculous. People who come off as holier-than-though, or seem uptight/easily offended, people who deliberately undereat, if I can hear banjos playing in their Saturday night status updates they gotta go lol. Overzealous types who go overboard trying to pump everybody up ALL. THE. TIME. and people with whom I never actually interact, etc.
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    because they bore me or dont like me..
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    how could anyone not like you?
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    how could anyone not like you?
    beats me but it has happend!
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    People on this site delete people for the dumbest crap. I wouldn't delete anyone, unless they were totally rude to me or something.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    If someone is clogging up my timeline with lots of unrelated and pointless posts.
    This is MFP, not Facebook and I would quite like to be able to find my other friends in those endless streams of posts as well.

Also if someone hasn't logged in for a week or more without a given reason, they're going as well.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    whiners.
    updating EVERYTHING. "i had grapes!" "going for a walk!" "eating dinner!"
    if i read the usual, "i went over on fat/protein! what do i do?" or, "OHGEEZ I GAINED WEIGHT!"
    if i notice all their other buddies are superpositive suzies. i dont like "gold star for showing up" types.
    if they lose weight and get "uppity". greater than thou syndrome.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I don't delete too many, usually just put on remove from newsfeed for a while. The drama types or ones who share too much. One used to share every bit of what she thought was exercise. Like every move she made, by herself and with her husband. She's not there anymore.

Everyone else is great though! :):)
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If the little red letters say 4 months (which is actually 3 months and a day) then it's over. It used to be when they said 6 months but honestly the number of people that make it to 4 months and come back and stay back is very very very small.

Other than that I click ignore for people that are irritating.
  • FluffyToFab
    FluffyToFab Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted one person and thats because I saw a comment on a thread and I didn't agree with him and his views on cheating and I knew in real life I wouldn't be his friend, so why would I online?
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    because they called me veiny
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Because it makes me feel powerful.
  • shaky115
    shaky115 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have never deleted anyone, but quite a few people deleted me....Unfortunately, I had a few deaths in the family and didnt log in for over a month and when I came back my buddy list got shorter :( I am back on the wagon!!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged in a month ..
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged in a month ..
    ^^

or 3
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I have a rule that if I don't have any contact with someone
    on MFP for 3 months they are deleted automatically.
    I have sent messages out before and some return answers
    and some don't. So I make a post on the board and
    state that if I don't hear from you for 3 months you are deleted
    no questions asked.