Ladies 5'5" to 5'6" goal size

Options
I'm 5' 5.75" so I'm nearly 5'6" and I have a medium to small build..... I'm a pear shape so maybe I'm a small build on top and medium build on bottom?... LOL I wasn't sure if 130 was too high of a weight goal? Would I even look good/healthy at 120? Or is it even possible for me to shrink down to a size 2/4? I am about 24% body fat currently @ 140 pounds and would like to get to 18% body fat....or less.

What is you body fat % goal? Weight goal? Jeans size goal? .... I'm trying to get realistic ideas of what I should aim for.

Thanks

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and look anorexic at 130. I'm large boned big on top and apple shaped though so it probably makes a difference. 130 for me is about size 5/6.
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    I'm 5'6" my goal was 140 but now its 130, if I'm not happy I will keep on going until I'm happy as alot of people this height want to be 120.
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm also just a tad under 5'6" and my goal is 130. I always say I have a large small frame or a small medium frame. However, I am 63 and by your pic, you are WAY, WAY younger than that. I still have 7 more pounds to lose and I am a bit concerned what my skin will be like (face in particular) at 130.

My losses are SO small and slow right now, I may give up before I get there, but I am still trying. If I am unhappy with my appearance when I get there, I will try to maintain for 6-12 months and reevaluate.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    in jeans? WOW! Yeah...back when I was 130 I was an 8 maybe a tight misses 6 in jeans at 130. I've NEVER been a 5!! Maybe when I was 5! LOL My upper 1/2 does look very annorexic thin at 130 but my bottom 1/2 is still heavy and was 22-23%BF. :-/
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'6" and 125 is my happy weight. I was as low as 116 for my first competition, and I looked too thin-- I never thought those words would come out of my mouth! I looked better this last time around 122 or so. I fluctuate between 130-135 right now but don't feel as happy with my body as I do in the 120s. I don't want to be skinny, I want muscle and that "toned" look.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I'm a small-medium frame and I weight 120-125.
    And my BF% is 13.7
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 37 years old. I have had three kids(one set of twins in there) and have fluctuated with my weight for years. I personally liked 150-160 best. still had some curves and such but was a comfortable 6-8. I am apple shaped, no doubt, and probably a medium frame. I have never done the type of exercising I am now so I have no idea really exactly what my weight goal is to be honest. In my mind 160 seems a decent number to shoot for though. Good luck!
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my goal weight is 150.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" with shoulders like a linebacker and hips to match, so my goal weight is 140. It's what I weighed 15 years ago and I was very happy and managed to maintain that weight for many years.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I haven't been below 200 since junior high!

My goal weight is 165 and I have no idea what that will be in jeans or clothing size in general. I have a large build with a 42 F chest (which I'm sure will shink at least a little as I continue to lose weight.)

My hope is that I will be able to drop to a size 8 jeans...single digits would be awesome! I really just want to be able to shop at a "normal" store...no more Lane Bryant/Avenue/Torrid type places!
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    my goal is 129-135

I figure once I get down to 135 I'll reevaluate. I know I looked good when I was at 135 before and I think that's more realistic for my body shape (I'm naturally very curvy). I'm 143 right now with measurements 38-28-40.. losing another 2 inches everywhere is what I'm more focussed on :)
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have a small frame and am 5' 6". Im currently about 125. My top half is small and ottom half is big (thighs and bum) I liked myself best at around 115. I would love to be 110 but I am striving for muscle so I'll weigh more
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6". To begin with I am aiming for 168lb as that will be just inside "normal" BMI. I will then work out how much more I want to lose. I used to be about a UK size 12 at that weight, but a few years have passed and I've had 3 children since then! If I am happy and feel healthy at that weight I will maintain at that, if I feel I need to lose more I will. But I won't really know until I get there.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", right now my goal is 155lbs. Currently I am 161 lbs and I am in a size 8 pants and a medium top.
    I am not really sure what I am going to do/where I will stop becuase my issue is one of twin skin on the tummy (had twins in 2005) Just not sure I will ever make a dent in it with weight loss. I will have to see what happens. I am fairly happy with my size right now just not my tummy.

I don't think I could ever go past the 150's, it would look ill on me. My upper body already is getting a little thin for my liking.

Good luck
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I a 5'5" and goal is 140... any smaller and I don't feel comfortable...
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", small-medium frame and am currently 140lbs and a size 8. My body is happy at this weight and I can pretty much eat what I want as long as I exercise. I feel strong, toned and muscular, espically now that Im lifting more. My body fat is hovering around 24% so I think Id rather focus on getting that number down then my actual weight.

3 years ago before I had my son, I was down to 130, even 127 on a good day. I was a size 6 and was ALWAYS told I was too skinny looking. I felt good but I hardly gave into food which is why I got so small.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'6", however my goal is 160. I am a medium-large frame. I dont like how thin my face looks at 160 but my body looks good. If it wasnt for my body I would go for a higher weight. at 160 Im a size 10 (im hippy) and I love it :love: Its amazing and beautiful how everyone is shaped and built so different.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and currently 65.7 kg (145 lbs) my target is 62 (136 lbs) , the problem being that although that is a great weight for me people start saying that I look thin and a bit u healthy at that weight! It would take me down to a comfortable uk 10.
  • TXHunny84
    Options
    I'm almost 5'6" and 125 is my happy weight. I was as low as 116 for my first competition, and I looked too thin-- I never thought those words would come out of my mouth! I looked better this last time around 122 or so. I fluctuate between 130-135 right now but don't feel as happy with my body as I do in the 120s. I don't want to be skinny, I want muscle and that "toned" look.

Do you know what your body fat % is? I've never been that small so I'm not sure how I'd look at that weight.
  • TXHunny84
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 37 years old. I have had three kids(one set of twins in there) and have fluctuated with my weight for years. I personally liked 150-160 best. still had some curves and such but was a comfortable 6-8. I am apple shaped, no doubt, and probably a medium frame. I have never done the type of exercising I am now so I have no idea really exactly what my weight goal is to be honest. In my mind 160 seems a decent number to shoot for though. Good luck!

Really? I was a size 12 when I weighed 160! :-/ That's the pear shape I guess. grrr