Ladies 5'5" to 5'6" goal size

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5 foot 6. I'd say I have a medium build, and I have an hourglass shape. I weigh quite a lot for my size (people always think i'm a good 14lbs less than I am) so I don't go by weight, but by measurements and clothes size.

I'm currently a US size 10 in most things, sometimes an 8. I can put on some of my old trousers that are a size 8 but the muffin top is still a bit too big!

So my goal is to get back to a US size 6/8 (I'm English so a size 10/12 here) and tone up and get a flatter stomach after having 2 kids quite close together.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 153 lbs, I wear a size 8/10 with an hourglass shape, my measurements are 36/29.5/38.5. I'm not sure what my body fat % is though. My goal weight is between 135-142 depending on how I feel as I've been 10 lbs lighter before but with higher measurements then I have now. I'd like to be a size 6 comfortably in the end with a lower body fat %. Hope this helps :)
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 129 lbs.
    Body fat: 21%
    Clothing size: 2 or 4 (depending on the manufacturer, lol)
    Frame size: small

I want to be 19% body fat and around the same weight. I put 19 lbs on in the last year and look way better and my body fat is lower. Everything is more compact and tight due to weight training. Just be your best self and don't compete with anyone. :) P.S. For reference, my profile pic was taken only 2 days ago.
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.75" so I'm nearly 5'6" and I have a medium to small build..... I'm a pear shape so maybe I'm a small build on top and medium build on bottom?... LOL I wasn't sure if 130 was too high of a weight goal? Would I even look good/healthy at 120? Or is it even possible for me to shrink down to a size 2/4? I am about 24% body fat currently @ 140 pounds and would like to get to 18% body fat....or less.

What is you body fat % goal? Weight goal? Jeans size goal? .... I'm trying to get realistic ideas of what I should aim for.

Thanks

I'm 5' 5.5" and I weigh 123lbs. Estimated body fat 20%. 23 years old with a 20 month old daughter. I have small bones and look good (I think lol) I am also a bit pear shaped. I'm pretty much at my goal weight I jus want to lose a couple of inches in my upper thighs, get rid of some belly fat and build sone muscle. You can look at my pics. The one of me in the pink tank top and shorts is the most current. I wear a size 0 jeans (US) at hollister. UK size 6 . So I think that's a 2 or 4 at the regular stores? Idk I wasn't this small when I moved from the states. It all depends in your frame.
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and have always had a med/lrg frame - my goal is 165 - I am AMAZING at that weight - it is a sz 10 for me. Any lower and my face is absolutely gaunt looking....at 165 ALL my small clothes fit me and I am super happy there....I don't think I could physically get below 155....I was on my honeymoon and it lasted for 5 seconds and my husband didn't like my hip bones sticking out like that...nor did I....I guess every "body" is different - you have to find what is comfortable, attainable and maintainable for you :)
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 with probably a medium frame with boobs & booty...my dream goal weight is 175lbs!!!
    I LOVE being thick & healthy. And Love the way men who love thick women worship my body lol. But who knows! I might enjoy being a bit thicker or being a bit smaller than that. Just find your happy place and buck the number!!! :)

You are my hero!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5" (5'5.5" if you really want to nitpick)
    Weight: 121.5 lbs.
    Body fat: 20-21%
    Clothing size: 4
    Frame size: small

I'm a definitely pear shape, no chest at all, small waist and bigger hips. I'm pretty much at goal, just lifting some really heavy weights and eating lots of good food trying to build some beautiful muscles.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm a wee bit over 5'6", small-boned (my wrists are like a 9-year-old's), and I'm at my goal weight range of 125-128. BF is 24%, although if I were younger, I'm sure it would be lower. I wear a 4 or 6 depending on who's making the clothes. And I still have nice curves. I wouldn't mind losing more body fat/getting more muscular, but for me, the weight is perfect. AND -- everyone's built and carries weight differently. You have to be wherever feels right and is healthy for you.
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 6in my goal is 140 medium build apple shape!
  • nonny79
    nonny79 Posts: 1
    Options
    Height: 5'6" (5'6.5" if you really want to nitpick)
    Weight: 170 lbs.
    Body fat: 26-27%
    Clothing size: 12
    Frame size: medium

I'm a definitely pear shape, small waist and bigger hips. My goal weight is 140. I just started lifting weights and eating cleaner trying to build and tone muscle.
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    I"m 5'6 ... I am aiming for 135-140 / Size 10 jeans.... I was there once and loved it! I have a large chest, and hips. I got up to 306 / size 28 .. currently 189 / sz 16 - I will make my goal by the end of next year. I lost 40lbs this year. Just find where you are comfortable, and don't worry so much about scale numbers. As long as you are healthy, and can fully live life... feel good about yourself.. then don't worry so much!
  • thejesspress
    thejesspress Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was 150-- my goal was originally 130 (which I am now) but I changed it to lose about 5 more pounds. I'm at a 4/6 pant size now. The best I ever looked was when I was about 120-- but then again-- I'm really small chested too so I look a little better proportionally speaking at that weight lol

I think I'll probably aim for 120 ish then too...I'm much smaller on top too. I'm pear shaped. Do you know what your body fat percentage is? I am worried with my chest already being relativly small that I'll lose more weight there than in my hips and thighs and calves like I want. :-/

YES-- I am very pear shaped. And I lost a bra size already :( That is the worst part. Not sure what my body fat percentage is now- but when I was around this size now (give or take 5 lbs) 2 years ago, I was at 21%
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" & my current weight is 130. My goal is 125 (because I anticipate when I start maintaining rather than losing I will level out somewhere between 126-130). I've been in the 120s before when I was younger and I feel best about my figure in that range. I think it really depends how you are shaped though. If I went TOO low in the 120s I'd look sickly but the higher 120's are like spot on for me.

As for clothing size ... I really don't pay much attention to that because it seems to be always different depending on brand, cut, etc. Now, I am usually somewhere around a 4, 6, or 8 (usually closest to a 6) depending on the previously mentioned factors.
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my goal weight is 140/145. I was up to 164 and am now down to 154. At 48 years old I would be very happy to get back to 140 which would be a size 10 or maybe an 8 for me.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same height and currently at 129 (started here at 146). I'm aiming for 125 and a size 4.

I think it's all dependent on what YOU are going to be comfortable with. And aiming for more of a goal look and fitness level and focusing less on the numbers on a scale.

If I go UP five lbs but look lean and have muscle definition, I'll be perfectly happy.
  • yukifer
    Options
    I'm around 5'6" currently at 141. I start feeling a lot better in the 130s.

I'd like to be about 130 and have been once before. I feel amazing at that weight and am a size 4 on the bottom, sometimes 2 up top. Jean size - comfortable in a 28 at goal.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Even though I say I'm 5'6", the truth is I'm about 5'5.5" (I think I just have a complex about being the shortest person in a family of tall people). My goal weight is 135, what I weighed in my early 20s. I might go for 130 or 125, but we'll see how I feel when I get to 135.
  • BosBruin5
    BosBruin5 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think you can tell from this post that everyone is very different in their goals and sizes. I'm 5'6" and a half and 152 lbs. I'm pretty curvy and currently a size 10 in most clothes. At my lowest weight I was 137 and everyone told be I shouldn't lose another pound because I was too skinny. And yet I was in a size 8 and had the best toned body of my life. I kept thinking, how can I be a size 8 and everyone think I'm too skinny? It was weird. I'd like to get back to 140-142 lbs and back into a size 8. I don't think anything less is reasonable and I wouldn't be capable of mantaining the 130's. I also had more energy and was able to work out better in the low 140's. That being said, I am 40 and have had two kids. Everyone's body is different and our frames are all different. I'm still shocked when I read those People magazine articles about losing weight and someone my height and weight is wearing a size 4. Really it's bizarre. I just figure we all have different frames. So go with what works for you, maybe work on your fat % goal first, and see where that gets you.
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5'6.5" here. 55yrs old, solid size medium, weighing in at 129.5 and I'd still like 5 more off. Started this round at 143 which looks fine to everybody else but always makes me feel chunky-style. 128-133 is my comfortable, not starving weight, but I'd like to reset my set point to 125.
    ETA: forgot to mention Body fat is currently 18.8
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have a large frame. Anything under 150 just looks gross on me as my face looks sickly. I don't care for the scales too much, as I just want to feel fit, healthy and strong.