Ladies 5'5" to 5'6" goal size

Options

Replies

• Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I love this thread because I'm typically really hard on myself and think I have all these flaws, but I'm able to see others very similar to my height and weight and they all seem to look awesome! think I need to give myself a break!

Anyway, thanks to the OP for starting this!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I'm interested it this too :smile:
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    5'6" with a large frame. Size ten feet, F cup breasts, hips and butt to match. I think 160 is being realistic. The only reason I'm not shooting for 180 (which would be 100 pounds off my starting weight) is because when I get down there I want abdominoplasty to deal with the results of having three large babies, and I know they want me to be height/weight proportionate before they do it. But honestly, I'll probably stop when I'm in straight sizes solidly and looking and feeling good.

Last night at the club my jeans kept trying to fall off my *kitten*. Annoying, but progress! Soon time to get out the next size down.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6 goal weight anywhere between 126-136 jean size 10-12 hopefully... Ive a long way to go yet though
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 180 (fall 2010)
    Mfp starting weight: 165 (April 2012)
    Current weight: 148
    Goal weight: 130

I weighed around 135 in highschool and wore a 6/7 (or 29) in most brand of jeans.

I used to think I was pear shaped but now I'm certain I'm an apple. I currently wear size 10 (or 31) pants that are tight on my muffin but baggy in the thighs D:

I've never had my body fat actually tested professionally before
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6" and CW is 128, BF 21%. i wear a size 25/26 in most denim brands. GW is 123-ish, BF 19%. i've been 120 with BF 18% and i still wear the same 25/26 in jeans. 5lbs isn't a lot to lose but i feel it in my clothes...fit is on the snug side right now!
  • LizAWDavis
    Options
    HI - i'm 5'5'' and goal weight is 143lbs. That's what I weighed in my late teens and got back to this when I got married 9 years ago and I looked sllim and felt good and was a UK size 10 which is a US 6 I think??. I'm currently 168lbs which I I am feeling quite good about, as started weight loss last November at 202lbs.(AArgh!!!!!) In the past (before children) when I'm not in 'diet' mode I usually hung around 150 - 155lb, I am detirmined to get back to 143lbs. I've lost 34lbs gone - 19lbs to go till my initial goal of 149 which I will hopefully get to by my birthday in October then final goal of 143 at Christmas!
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently 128lbs. I don't look slim yet, still curvy with wide hips and 30G bust. My body fat is 25-26%, measurements 36-27.5-36, small frame and I wear a UK12 (US8?), or 30-32" waist jeans. From my reading on this site, I seem to be an unusually low weight for my size - loads of people are smaller than me while weighing more, and people the same weight as me are smaller.

I was 128lbs in my profile pic (2 years ago). I am bigger than that now even though I weigh the same.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm 5',6" and when I weighed 135 about 10 years ago (and I was skinny-fat), I looked scary-thin to other people and wore a (US) size 4, sometimes a 2. I'm an apple-shape and I have broader shoulders than most women so I think I do carry my weight in a way that makes a difference. I also tend to be more muscular than a lot of women. My mother is an inch taller than me and wore a size 12 at 130 pounds, but she is more pear-shaped and has a generally more narrow frame than I do. So weird.

Right now, my goal weight is 150. At that point, I'll reevaluate my goals depending on how I look and feel. I'd like to wear a 6 again, I felt great at that size.
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' currently at 134. I originally set a goal to 140 pounds thinking I had a large frame, but I think I got a medium frame. I than set my goal to 135, and now I finally set it to 125. BUT i'm not really too concerned with the numbers the scale is giving me. I really want to lose inches. It may take a 9 pound loss and it may not. I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers on the scale, I know how easy it is to want that number to drop. :/ I know of others at my weight and height and wear a smaller size.... but it's due to different measurements. My measurements are 35-28-26. I'd like my waist to go down a bit and fit into a 27 or 28 (size 6). Right now I'm a 28 or 29 in jeans. And that means, size 8, 6, and I even once found a pair of size 4 shorts that fit. :/
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5 and weigh anywhere from 120 - 130 I have a small body frame
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    There's so many variables from person to person, and even in the same person at different times in her life.

I'm 5'5 and about 134 pounds now. I wear a size 2 or 4 for the most part.

Ten years ago, I was 120 pounds. Here's side by side then and now. Other than my arms not being skinny little noodles any more, I don't think I look any bigger. I think my waist looks significantly smaller. Any article of clothing I have from then fits fine now.

P6170004-copy.jpg

At 30, I didn't exercise and didn't have much lean muscle. 120 pounds wasn't too skinny then, but I wasn't terribly healthy, either.

Now, I run 3x a week and lift weights 2-3x a week. I have a lot more lean muscle. I don't think I could get to 120 without cutting off a limb.
  • oceansablue
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I've been a fat kid all my life. I chose my goal weight as 130 because that's where my BMI would be securely in the ok zone. In all honesty, I'm trying not to get myself all worked up about how I'll look because I don't know what a 130 lb me looks like. My main focus is to just healthy. I come from a family with, as we like to call it, "healthy appetites but not so healthy waistlines" and a lot of the older members have health problems because they are overweight. I don't want that to be me. So, yeah, here's to all you fellow 5'5"-5'6" ladies out there, let's show that belly who's boss! =)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have been all over the map with my weight.Im a medium-large build( big hips and bum, and small waist and upper body) At 5'6 my lowest weight, when i was about 17-18 was 129-131lbs.(I was 180 before that and lost 50ish lbs in 6 months from hard core working out and eating right)....
    19-22 I stayed around the 140-150 range which i loved ! I was fit and toned, had nice definition in my arms and legs.
    Now after my pregnancy i feel as tho my body has changed in some ways too...I would be very happy to be 160. Hey if i get to be 150-freakin awesome!! we can do it girls!:)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 currently 180. My current goal is to be 155. I'm pretty large framed, however. My rib cage is massive. People often comment and say that I look like I need to lose 10lbs, not 40lbs (I started at 190). So, I think it's just how I carry my weight, I don't know. I think I will get a more realistic picture of what my ideal weight should be the closer I get to my goal weight. I would stick with the goal you have no, and adjust it when you need to. That's what I'm doing. I originally thought 140, but thought I probably couldn't get that small. But if I get down to 155 and think I could lose a few more, then I will

you are my twin arent you!!!

yay 5'6 and 180's woooo lol. And our goal is the same! :flowerforyou:
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently sitting at 152. My goal weight for this month is 145 which would be nice as I feel this is a relatively healthy, standard weight range for me, and where I usually sit. I can't believe I topped the scales at 165 last year, oh my goodness :noway: I have a relatively small half asian body frame so I really need to be a lot more petite, and the past year was the first time (and hopefully only!!!) time I had ever been overweight according to BMI. I'm back in it now, thank god, and just!!

My ultimate goal weight is 130. I have reached this several years ago and I just remember feeling so happy and in love :love: with my body and the way it looked. I loved shopping and fitting into and being able to wear all the clothes I once dreamed of but never could before. It's rare thing, looking at your body and being happy with it. Wish me luck!! :bigsmile:

Oh and anyone similar to me - please add me as a friend ^_^
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" as well and my goal is currently 130, but if I am still carrying around this extra flab on my legs and butt, I will shoot for more. I am just worried that my top half will look too thin. I just really want to look toned through my abs, butt, and thighs. I hope it is possible for me.
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 131lbs. I was probably 12 the last time I weighed that much maybe younger. I have no idea. :P My lowest adult weight was 144lbs but it was short lived. I have no idea what I'm looking for size wise because I don't know what to expect.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    5'5" here, goal is 155 hahah!

I am bigger boned though. That being said. I'll see what happens when I get there. What I really want is a flat tummy and curves. I also don't like the thin look personally.
  • stina0t2
    stina0t2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'6 but my weight goal is 155 - and a size 8. I want to maintain my muscle mass. :)