Ladies 5'5" to 5'6" goal size

Options

Replies

• RW1718RW
    RW1718RW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'5", and my goal is 149, purely to be in BMI "healthy range". (Just recently downgraded from "obese" to "overweight"). I always have a lot of muscle, so look about 10 lbs less then I actually am. Will see what 149 looks like now. So far I feel so sexy at 175 after being used to 200!
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean!! It's so strange how it works that way. I feel hot at 150 as I'm used to being 165....but I'm actually a tad heavier than I used to/should be.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    There's so many variables from person to person, and even in the same person at different times in her life.

I'm 5'5 and about 134 pounds now. I wear a size 2 or 4 for the most part.

Ten years ago, I was 120 pounds. Here's side by side then and now. Other than my arms not being skinny little noodles any more, I don't think I look any bigger. I think my waist looks significantly smaller. Any article of clothing I have from then fits fine now.

P6170004-copy.jpg

At 30, I didn't exercise and didn't have much lean muscle. 120 pounds wasn't too skinny then, but I wasn't terribly healthy, either.

Now, I run 3x a week and lift weights 2-3x a week. I have a lot more lean muscle. I don't think I could get to 120 without cutting off a limb.

ok, just wanted to say this comparison is amazing---showing you thinner now but 14 lbs heavier. I love it--well done!
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I missed this before. Wow that's really good. Explains a lot too.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and 44 years old
    I have been teetering around 150 for almost a year! My initial goal is to get down to 140. I was actually at 147 late August..then today...back to 150.8! Wear a size 8 pants (sometimes a 6...but rare!) and L top. 38/31/37 are my stats. guess that's hourglass? ha ha... My ultimate goal is to be 135...but honestly, I am not sure if I will ever get there! Trying not to concentrate on the # on the scale...but honestly, I did the BF military calculator on fit2radio and it said I was obese when I entered my measurements! Really??
    I am doing JM Ripped in 30 preparing to do her Body Revolution.
    Any suggestions on how to get this last 10 lbs off is greatly welcomed!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my weight fluctuates between 169 and 174. When I started I weighed 212 and wore a size 16/18. I set my goal weight to 155, however, I'm currently wearing a size 6 on bottoms and medium on top. I'm happy with where I'm at and haven't lost anymore weight since May. I am constantly told that I need to stop losing weight because I'm getting too thin. People are shocked when I tell them how much I weigh, because I look so much smaller.

Don't go by what the scale tells you, it's all about how you feel.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well, everyone's different. I'm an hourglass, and even when I was in the throes of anorexia at 90/95 lbs at 5'6", my jean size (in juniors) was still a 5/7. I'm small framed, but these hips don't lie.

My current goal weight is 140, my ultimate goal weight is 125/120. I'm aiming for a 20% body fat composition as my best marker, though--if my weight is higher than I planned, but I reach that goal, I'll probably stop.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you for all the responses ladies!! It's really helping me! There really are a lot of variable that come into play.
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Bump :3
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my weight fluctuates between 115-120. A couple months ago my body fat was 18.3%, but I suspect it is lower now. My goal body fat is 15%...I do not care what weight it takes to achieve this as long as it's not below 115. I have a small frame so 115 does not look "too thin" on me.
  • Princessmoe333
    Princessmoe333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". I currently weigh 150. My goal is 135. I have been as low as 124, at that weight I was a size 4 and looked like a disgusting bobble head. Ha Ha!!! I would say that was the unhealthiest I have ever been. I think a realistic goal is around 130 and a size 6-8.
  • Princessmoe333
    Princessmoe333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and 44 years old
    I have been teetering around 150 for almost a year! My initial goal is to get down to 140. I was actually at 147 late August..then today...back to 150.8! Wear a size 8 pants (sometimes a 6...but rare!) and L top. 38/31/37 are my stats. guess that's hourglass? ha ha... My ultimate goal is to be 135...but honestly, I am not sure if I will ever get there! Trying not to concentrate on the # on the scale...but honestly, I did the BF military calculator on fit2radio and it said I was obese when I entered my measurements! Really??
    I am doing JM Ripped in 30 preparing to do her Body Revolution.
    Any suggestions on how to get this last 10 lbs off is greatly welcomed!

It sounds like you and I have the exact same body with the exact same issue. My body seems to like where it is alot more than I do.
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 & my goal weight is 150lbs.. I'm now 154 so not that far off.. I wear a uk 12 now at this weight & I'm quite big boned so being any less may not actually suit me.. I don't want to appear gaunt in the face & all bones as that's not a good look.. Everyone thinks I should maintain this weight now as I look just right.. However I'll get to 150 then call it a day there .. Maybe!!..
  • leilamarchi
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and right now around 145 lbs; my goal weight is between 128-135. The lightest I've been as an adult is 124, which wasn't "too skinny" on my frame, but was too hard to maintain and still be eating enough to maintain my health. I'm currently a size 6-8 in my jeans; I just want to be a "true" 6 - i.e., fit into 6 jeans that don't have as much stretch as a jegging. LOL. I'm not pear shaped, but I am naturally curvy. 6-8 pants, S-M top (depending on the top).

My goal is more about losing inches than necessarily losing weight; I want to be a little trimmer allover, and have my button-down shirts fit again. (I already wear a minimizer to get into button-downs, so when I saw the boob gap even WITH the minimizer, that was a problem.)

I'm starting 30-day Shred today; I'll be interested to see how that goes!
  • dknowsbest
    dknowsbest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I haven't been below 200 since junior high!

My goal weight is 165 and I have no idea what that will be in jeans or clothing size in general. I have a large build with a 42 F chest (which I'm sure will shink at least a little as I continue to lose weight.)

My hope is that I will be able to drop to a size 8 jeans...single digits would be awesome! I really just want to be able to shop at a "normal" store...no more Lane Bryant/Avenue/Torrid type places!

My story is somewhat similar. I was 160 - 175 in high school and really enjoyed that size! I graduated almost 10 years ago and don't really remember being under 200 since. I'm 5'5" and somewhat apple shaped with a large bust. I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant, so my weight loss is on hold until after I deliver, but my ultimate goal weight will be back in the 160-170 range. I have absolutely no idea what size that will put me at, but I very much look forward to having a larger selection of stores to shop from once I'm there.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am somewhere between 5' 6" and 5' 6 1/2", my goal is 145. I am doing good at maintaining but not so good at losing at this point.

I know what needs to be done...it's doing it!
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'6 - 5'7 so I don't know if I really qualify..
    right now I'm 168 lbs and between a size 8 and 10.
    Current measurements:
    36 inch Bust
    30 inch waist
    37 inch hips.

My ultimate goal is to weigh between 145-150 lbs and size 6.
    really, I just want my belly to be slim and flat. Biggest trouble spot ever!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.
    Weight: 157
    Body Fat %: 29.3 (covert bailey calculator)
    Size: 8 (US jeans)

My goal weight, I was shooting for 144, but I don't even really care about the scale, my real goal is to reduce body fat.
  • megggsss
    megggsss Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5 - 5'6.
    Currently I fluctuate between 167 and 170.
    I am 26 years old.
    My goal weight is between 130 and 140. I would really like to be 140-ish come December or at least lose another 20 lbs by then.
    I am hoping that by August 2013 I will be between 130 and 140!!!
    So I need to lose about 3-4 lbs per month.
  • nlcondit
    nlcondit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a similar height and build. I look fabulous and healthy at 135. I love being 130. At 125, my bones stick out and my husband won't come near me. I am also cold all the time from 135 down so that is what I am aiming to get back to.