Height, weight, size?

Options
I am a tall girl, and around a size 12-14. I'm 5'10, and 193 lbs. I'm just curious as to what others are, I'm not sure if its even possible to be a size 5 at my height. Just wanted to know if anyone else wanted to share. Thanks!

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and weigh 161.4 lbs....I am trying to get down to 155, but if I can't get there I will be ok with just toning up. I wear a size 10 or 12 depending on the brand.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,661 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 156. I'm shooting for 145 or thereabouts. I wear size 8 jeans/pants and XL on top.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I want to know this, too!! Both of you have me excited to get down that small. I'm 5'10" and I currently weigh 224. I'm wearing size 18-20 right now. I don't remember ever wearing anything that wasn't considered "plus size". I would love to be in a 10!!!!
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    im 194 currently, 5'9 and in size 14s

size ten is my goal!
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 141, and currently wear around an 8 size pants and Small on top. I would love to get to a size 6, but we'll have to see :wink:
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" amd I currently weigh 155, want to get to 150, but trying for 145. I currently wear a size 8-10 and I can squeeze into a size 6.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Guy sizey stuff is different, but here's mine if any fellows want to compare.

I'm 5'8" tall.

Starting sizes:
    270 lbs
    48" chest
    46" waist
    XXL shirts
    40" waist jeans (loose fit).

Currently:
    208 lbs
    46" chest
    35" waist
    L shirt
    32" waist jeans (regular fit if I wanna, kinda tight on the thighs, loose in the butt).
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    By the way, I LOVE that we can freely discuss our weight and sizes without feeling like someone will think badly of us! Thanks for the awesome support system! :flowerforyou:
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

size ten is my goal!

Giiirlll, Your in 14's??? I am in 14-15's and I'm 231.. I squuueeezzzeee my fat *kitten* into 'em.. but they aren't incredibly tight, just a lil with major muffin top.. does that mean go up a jean size
    ??
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 141, and currently wear around an 8 size pants and Small on top. I would love to get to a size 6, but we'll have to see :wink:

I am the same! 5'5", 141 lbs, I wear an 8 to 10 on the bottom and a small or medium top.
  • wallerinaprincess
    Options
    I'm glad everyone decided to share! I agree I'm glad we can post and feel comfortable. I think that's the first step is admitting our size and weight, can't say I've told anyone else this, atleast without fudging the truth a little. My new fave quote I've seen on so many other posts, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!" Amen! Something that tastes good only brings a few minutes of joy, where as meeting a new goal brings more joy, and its longer lasting!
  • karleen
    Options
    yea, like i said im quite tall. and my bone structure is really really big. not just using the ol' 'im big boned!' an excuse

a ten would be amazing to get into, i dont think my hips would fit in anything smaller. i had exposed ribs and serious hip bones at 180. but i was still unhappy as can be. at 180 i was a 12.

oops that was supposed tbe quoting someone up there!
  • karleen
    Options

size ten is my goal!

Giiirlll, Your in 14's??? I am in 14-15's and I'm 231.. I squuueeezzzeee my fat *kitten* into 'em.. but they aren't incredibly tight, just a lil with major muffin top.. does that mean go up a jean size
    ??

but to reply to that quesiton, which i totally missed. id prob say yes. a 16 while it is a bigger number, would still look better! slimmer even because youll be held together well.

i wore one of those silly sexy halloween costumes even this year, and yea it was a 1x but i got compliements alll night about how good i looked. now if ihad squeezed into a normal large i woulda just been a stuffed sausage
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 196pds and fit in a size 12-14 jeans. When I was a freshman in high school and my skinniest (I think I was 138pd) I squeezed into a size 6 for about a month I think. Even if I lost enough weight to be "underweight" for my height I don't think my hips would allow me to ever fit into a size 4 or smaller. I'm hoping to eventually get down to a size 8-10 by summer!
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    5'6, 138, size 9 jean depending on how they fit and the make. And a medium top. Goal to get back into my size 4 jeans and scale down to 130 (1st goal and then 120).
  • Melissa09x
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3..shawtieee :(
    Weight- 126 lbs
    Size- 8 (uk)

The dream would be a size 6 :heart:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, as I've always wondered as well!

I'm 5'6" and 201 lbs. I currently wear a size 14 but can now squeeze into a 12 if I don't want to be comfortable or look good! I'm hoping to get back into the size 10s that I wore my senior year of high school.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    5'4, 107 Pounds, size 3 or 5, depending on the brand:tongue: Want to be 105....
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,661 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 196pds and fit in a size 12-14 jeans. When I was a freshman in high school and my skinniest (I think I was 138pd) I squeezed into a size 6 for about a month I think. Even if I lost enough weight to be "underweight" for my height I don't think my hips would allow me to ever fit into a size 4 or smaller. I'm hoping to eventually get down to a size 8-10 by summer!
    There's not much you can do about bone structure. I have the opposite issue. I have narrow hips but broad shoulders and a large rib cage. When I was underweight in my teens (hard to imagine that now), I wore size 3 or 5 in pants but a 10 or 12 on top.
  • blondeambition
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2 and my curent weight is 165. My jeans size is 12 and I wear medium tops. My goal weight is 135 and I would like to be a solid 8/10. Even when I have been at my lowest weight and was thin ( around 135) the smallest size pants I could get into was an 8 and only in a few brands. I really do think it has alot to do with your structure. I am not a tiny girl even when I am at my thinnest