Height, weight, size?

Options

Replies

• Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Me: 5'1" and change, 194 lbs, pant size somewhere between 16 and 18 (hard to say for sure, in a "stretchy" levi's 16 -- my fav. jeans from WalMart, $20/pair -- I don't buy expensive jeans :laugh: ) shirt size XL.

I've never been at a healthy weight/size as an adult, so I don't really know what size I'm aiming for -- somewhere healthy, slimmer, but need to maintain some of my curves (per the hubby :wink:).
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    right now I am 5'2 and 148 around a size 6-8. My goal is to get to 125 and size 4.
    I know I will never be back at my high school size and I am OK with that because I am trying to embrace a more womanly shape :happy:
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and 128.5 and wear a size meduim top and 6 or 8 in pants.When I was 113 I was a 4 depending on cut of clothing.:smile:

Gina
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Wow, all these 5'3" ladies getting into small sizes. Right now I am 5'3" at 167.5 lbs. All of my large shirts are loose, so I am going to say that I am a medium shirt size now. I am almost comfortable in a 10. I can fit into them, but they give me a slight muffin top - so I'll wait a little longer before wearing them out. :laugh: I would be happy at an 8! But I can very well see myself getting down to a 4 or 6 depending on how my body is at my goal weight. I haven't really ever been at that weight since puberty, so I don't know what it is supposed to look like for me. :tongue:
  • beckyk1979
    beckyk1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'3" 200 pounds and squeezing into a 16 pants. I have a big butt and thick thighs a smaller waist but fat arms so i still can't wear smaller shirts either cause the sleeves don't fit so my shirts are usually XL. I was wearing a 12/14 at around 174 pounds, which i weighed a year and a half ago and i need to get back to ASAP.
  • beckyk1979
    beckyk1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me: 5'1" and change, 194 lbs, pant size somewhere between 16 and 18 (hard to say for sure, in a "stretchy" levi's 16 -- my fav. jeans from WalMart, $20/pair -- I don't buy expensive jeans :laugh: ) shirt size XL.

I've never been at a healthy weight/size as an adult, so I don't really know what size I'm aiming for -- somewhere healthy, slimmer, but need to maintain some of my curves (per the hubby :wink:).

I beleive i am wearing those exact stretchy levi's from walmart in a sz 16...lol! They are ok accept the waist to crotch area is to long for me and the crotch hangs down sometimes and i really hate that, i wear a belt just to sintch it up and keep it from hanging low, not becasue thay are loose..=)
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 116 lbs and maintaining :happy:

I find it hard to tell what size I wear though as it varies a lot from brand to brand.
    I'm usually size a 4 or 5 but can be a 6 or a 3 too !
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options

I beleive i am wearing those exact stretchy levi's from walmart in a sz 16...lol! They are ok accept the waist to crotch area is to long for me and the crotch hangs down sometimes and i really hate that, i wear a belt just to sintch it up and keep it from hanging low, not becasue thay are loose..=)

I carry my weight a little differently -- don't have that problem with the crotch area -- I carry more fat in my belly and hips rather than butt and thighs, which means the pants are looser at the back of the thigh/butt area. Which of course is SO attractive (not). :wink: Because of my hips, it's hard to find jeans that are actually fitted enough to show off my butt (not that my butt is all that attractive at the moment... but hopefully the hips will get a little more proportionate as I keep shrinking. Although, they are nice for creating the illusion of a smaller waist! :laugh: )

At 200+ I was wearing the levi's in an 18, but I love being down into the 16 because the pant legs are short enough that I don't have to roll the cuffs! :laugh:
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    I'm 5'3, so definitely short, not tall like you gals! However, I wish I was a few inches taller. :wink:
    I wear a size 6. I'm 125 lbs and wanting to get back into my size 2 jeans and down to 110-112 lbs!

same here i am 5'-3" and 126ish and can wear anything from a 2 to a 6, depending on where it is from and what style it is
    i used to be a size 2 it was very easy to go shopping and for others to buy me things, anymore it is a pain. so frustrating going shopping and trying to find pants that fit. i have also always been between sizes. one size a little too snug ...next size up too big.
    and it is still that way. i would like to be at 110 and comfortable be in a size 2
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    damn geicko! Your stomach looks amazing! Sooooo jealous! Congrats babe!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    damn geicko! Your stomach looks amazing! Sooooo jealous! Congrats babe!

Hey thanks Jenn !
  • kmoyers
    kmoyers Posts: 18
    Options
    I am 5'10 240.2 wearing a size 18
    Just had my first baby last September weighing in at 284 when I had him.
    Goal would be around 140-150 size 9/10 and tone.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have a very hour-glass shape...I just wish it was the smaller hour-glass of my pre-baby years hahaha

I am a 5'4" and 186.6, currently I usually wear a 12 but it is big in the waist and tight on the hips...so some brands I have to get a 14 or even a 16!!! As far as tops I have to get Extra Large and avoid buttons at all costs if you know what I am saying :wink: :blushing: .

And I would love to get into a comfortable 8!
  • tiggers
    tiggers Posts: 20
    Options
    wow so many different size and shapes.

I'm 5'2" & 177 lbs and in a size 16 I have big hips and a stomach that looks like I'm 6 months pregnant UGH ( sometimes I wish I was to jusify the belly) I'm hoping to get back to sz 10 that is taking up room in the closet. I want to be a sexy mama :flowerforyou:
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    I am 5 ft 3 inches and weigh 170lbs right now. I have been wearing a size 12 to 14. I think I am more a size 12 now. I would like to see myself at 140lbs eventually but just want to be at my optimal health and the mirror will tell me when I am at the right weight.
    Mia
    EAT LESS MOVE MORE:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    368038.png
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

Love the $20 dollar jeans from walmart! I am 5'6 168 pounds and am now in a size 10 womens and 11 in juniors. I can wear mediums in shirts and smalls if they are tshirts.
  • bikerbelle7
    bikerbelle7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm makes me think... I'm 5' 4" ... 195 and a 14. My goal is 145 (which is still over my BMI , go figure). No clue where I should be size wise... I don't think I was every a 6 or 8... seems impossible!
  • tanyewest
    Options
    Hiya, I currently weigh 64kg which is 10stone 1 pound, I am 5'6 and wear a size 8 or 10. I am determined to get rid of my muscley legs and get down to 9 stone, maybe a bit less! I'm new to myfitnesspal so really appreciate any support or any experiences people have had that they might want to talk about :) Love T
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wow, this really confirms what I thought about myself (that I'm possibly a smaller size than my height/weight would indicate). I'm almost 5'4" I weigh 233.6 today and I wear a size 18... which recently became a *loose* 18. I was in a tight 20 at 270. Interesting. 150 may be my ultimate goal afterall!

I thought it would be fun to revisit this thread (and it was :laugh:).

I'm now sitting at 211.6 and am a size 14 pants/16 jeans, size Large top (was XL last time I posted & 2x when I started). 2 sizes in 22 pounds at my weight is pretty awesome! 14 is the smallest size I've ever been at this height. :smile: I even squeezed (and yeah I do mean squeezed) into a 12 last weekend when I was trying on clothes.
    I'm still 5'4"ish. :wink:
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    5'10"
    240 lbs
    XXL