Height, weight, size?

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wow, this really confirms what I thought about myself (that I'm possibly a smaller size than my height/weight would indicate). I'm almost 5'4" I weigh 233.6 today and I wear a size 18... which recently became a *loose* 18. I was in a tight 20 at 270. Interesting. 150 may be my ultimate goal afterall!
  • kstefanski
    kstefanski Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 166 pounds, but am still in 14s. They're loose, and they fall down without a belt, so I'm sure I could mayyybe squeeze into 12s, but I haven't gone shopping in a while because I'm poor :laugh: Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when I do go!
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    5'10" in a loose 12 at 170 - goal 150ish. :ohwell: All depends on how/where you carry your weight.
    One of my best friends is the same height & in an 8 and only about 10lbs lighter than me...I really doubt in 10lbs I'll drop 2 sizes.

5'11".....I am in a loose 12 as well........ you look soooo much skinnier than me!! I guess it really is all about where you carry your weight.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and 132 and am VERY close to a size 3/4. Depending on the cut I can fit into a 3/4, but in a lot of juniors stores I'm a 5/6.

The CUT? Hehe, I'd say you're Fillet Mignon my dear!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    5'10" in a loose 12 at 170 - goal 150ish. :ohwell: All depends on how/where you carry your weight.
    One of my best friends is the same height & in an 8 and only about 10lbs lighter than me...I really doubt in 10lbs I'll drop 2 sizes.

5'11".....I am in a loose 12 as well........ you look soooo much skinnier than me!! I guess it really is all about where you carry your weight.

:huh::laugh: Have you seen you? I think we look the same size :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and 132 and am VERY close to a size 3/4. Depending on the cut I can fit into a 3/4, but in a lot of juniors stores I'm a 5/6.

The CUT? Hehe, I'd say you're Fillet Mignon my dear!

AWWWWWWWE heheheh thanks!!!! :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I always shop in the Junior department. Are the sizes in women's different?

Yes juniors are sized in odd numbers and a bit more narrow in the hip area:tongue:
  • breezy81
    Options
    I am 5'2" and weigh in at 184.0, it's mainly in my hip/tummy area, and my chest :blushing: (which I want to stay!!!!:tongue: ) I wear a 14, which are now quite loose, hopefully I will be a 12 soon. My goal is a comfy 8
  • WombatC
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started out at 181 and now weigh 170 pounds. I would love to be 150pounds. I presently wear size 12 and L or XL tops. 25 years ago when I got married my wedding dress was a size 10 and I weighed 125.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't give my size for tops...Small is generally what I get unless it's from a juniors store, then usually a medium so it'll fit my arms/shoulder. :ohwell: Nothing long-sleeved fits me quite right.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting because two others have said they are 5'3" and weigh around the same amount of me. I weigh 157.5 and am still in a 14. Very frustrating! :grumble:

Yes, you and I are close in weight. I am 159. I have large hips and thighs. I don't know what size I wear in women's. 11 in juniors. Do you know what size in juniors you wear?

Lauren - I have no idea what size in juniors I am! I swear I am carrying 30 pounds of weight in my stomach alone!!!
  • breezy81
    Options
    Lauren - I have no idea what size in juniors I am! I swear I am carrying 30 pounds of weight in my stomach alone!!!
    [/quote]

LOL!!!! I pretty sure that I have at least that!!! and it won't leave!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Jazjazjaz
    Options
    im 5'6, 130 lbs and size 8-12, depending on shop! (UK SIZES)
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I am 5'6 weigh 175 and I am a size 10-12 depending on the brand. I wear 11-13 in junior sizes. Tops I wear a medium in womens and large if I get from the junior dept.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    5'10"
    size 10

at my skinniest, I was around 145 and wore size 8 ... could squeeze into 6.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I fluctuate between 150-155. I wear a size 10 pants and a size S top or an 11 and M/L in Juniors. In dresses, I wear a size 8. I have really narrow shoulders but I'm kind of hippy. I don't really want to lose weight. I just want to tone up.
  • wallerinaprincess
    Options
    I always shop in the Junior department. Are the sizes in women's different?

Oh man are they ever! I felt pretty discouraged once the 13's were tight and even the ocassional 15 wouldn't fit right. I'm 24, and in the last few years I have been shopping at different places like NY & CO, where all their sizes are in women's sizes, but they are not older looking at all. I was amazed to see that I could wear a 10 or a 12. Junior's clothes are cute but I get depressed when I realize I'm the biggest size there, so I avoid it altogether. Also, we have a new store called Vanity, and they sell their jeans by measurements! Finally! I'm 5'10 and mostly legs so its hard to find pants long enough. I'm like a 32x35 in Vanity's jeans.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The way the Junior/Misses (or Women's) sizes was explained to me was that teenagers generally have narrower hips so the Junior sizes have less room in the hip area. Misses or Women's sizes, however, take into account that a woman's hips (the actual pelvis bone) spread some as she matures and her body "prepares to carry a child." Whether that is true or not, I don't know. I've never checked it out. I can tell you that I can get some of my old Junior pants on and fastened (some with room to spare in the waist!), but it feels like the seams around the hips are going to pop and my poor butt feels squished!:laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    14-16

Goal is a size 10, So that is about 150 pounds. I'm built broadly and I have muscle mass.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    14-16....depending on the store