Replies

• MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Any kind of bug is just eew and heights...even from a 3rd floor apartment
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    What is your phobia or what are you scared of?

Mine is trypophobia. (have fun with googling that once you see what it is I bet some of you will realize you have this too!)

Is this **** for real?!? Looks pretty nasty lol
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    acartohygieiophobia

(n.) The morbid fear of running out of toilet paper. From the Greek, literally "absence of paper for hygiene purposes, fear of."

An abnormal and persistent concern about the possibility of being without toilet paper at the vital moment. Highly variable in severity, can range from merely accumulating and storing excessive supplies of toilet paper to at the most extreme end, a need to stock up "just in case" every time the person goes past a shop, even though the house is already full of the stuff.

Milder forms of toilet paper anxiety not fulfilling criteria for the full-blown disorder include obsessions with whether the paper comes off the roll from the top or underneath, and changing rolls around when they are on the "wrong" way.

I seriously have about 250 rolls of toilet paper in my house right now and I take rolls when travelling, lol... which came in handy while at a family reunion a couple weeks ago, cuz the bathroom there ran out of toilet paper, and guess who just so happened to have a roll in the car! saved the day!
  • Winters0Girl
    Options
    Astraphobia(Lightning) And also Electrophobia(Electric) o_O
  • mrshoneydew
    Options

Mine is trypophobia. (have fun with googling that once you see what it is I bet some of you will realize you have this too!)

My little sister had had this phobia since she was a little girl. We didn't even know there was a name for it until a few years ago.

I am claustrophobic, very very afraid of heights (I had to leave a sports game once because our seats were too high up in the stadium), deep water, and I have social anxiety so I am very afraid of silly things like talking on the phone, asking questions, talking to strangers (I just hide it very well because I work in retail and really have no choice).
  • purpleelephand2011
    purpleelephand2011 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    these freak me out too...

81070393.jpg

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE!! *gag*
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    Options
    My phobia is sidonglobophobia
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    these freak me out too...

81070393.jpg

I'm from Hawaii I woke up to one of those around my neck once, while camping. The worst is that their pincher can go through your shoes.

Seriously...wtf is that thing? We do not have those in Syracuse ny.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    Options
    acartohygieiophobia

(n.) The morbid fear of running out of toilet paper. From the Greek, literally "absence of paper for hygiene purposes, fear of."

An abnormal and persistent concern about the possibility of being without toilet paper at the vital moment. Highly variable in severity, can range from merely accumulating and storing excessive supplies of toilet paper to at the most extreme end, a need to stock up "just in case" every time the person goes past a shop, even though the house is already full of the stuff.

Milder forms of toilet paper anxiety not fulfilling criteria for the full-blown disorder include obsessions with whether the paper comes off the roll from the top or underneath, and changing rolls around when they are on the "wrong" way.

I seriously have about 250 rolls of toilet paper in my house right now and I take rolls when travelling, lol... which came in handy while at a family reunion a couple weeks ago, cuz the bathroom there ran out of toilet paper, and guess who just so happened to have a roll in the car! saved the day!

I didn't know this one existed lol
    My hubby laughs because I'm always stocking up on the family size packs of toilet rolls lol
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    arachnidphobia omfg
    Tomorrow is my birthday
    So my friend tagged me in a photo of a spider coming out of a girl's mouth
    THANKS A LOT
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I also have a fear of clowns. When I was 7, I had open heart surgery. On the way to the OR, they had clowns dressed as doctors trying to cheer me up. They pretended to examine me. I went into surgery thinking the clowns were operating on me. Yeah I hate clowns.

I also have arachnaphobia. Thanks to a tarantula in my hair as a kid.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of sparklers, I just can't be near them. I think it's from being told too many horror stories as a kid. I know generally they are safe but I just hate them.
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Acridophobia--fear of grasshoppers. Here in Florida they look like they're on steroids.!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of driving. I was hit by a car in the past, so I feel a little scared crossing the street that the car will drive into me since it happened before, but It doesn't actually interfere with my life. I know that most of the time people do not just drive their car into people. I'm not afraid to be a passenger in the car when the driver is a good driver and I have on a seat belt. But, more and more I do not like to be the driver. I never liked driving. I have a problem in my eyes that is actually causing this concern (spasms), so it's not really irrational. Maybe once this problem is better I will feel more comfortable, or maybe not. I'd rather walk and take public transit. It's better for my fitness and the environment and it means we only need to have one car for our family.

I also get a little nervous walking in dangerous parts of the city, but I still do it if needed (I try to not show fear, to be direct, and to take normal precautions).
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I don't like the dark (especially when there are no windows) or being locked in with no way out.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    frannophiba – Go ahead, Punk, make my day!!!!

I Googled this - you have a phobia of French people?

Don't look at my last name.

running away..
  • MrsCaseyLane
    MrsCaseyLane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I fear 3 am!
    Stupid I know. But everything bad seems to happen around the 3 am hour! Guess it goes with the fear of seeing aliens! I cant believe Im actually telling everyone about these! Just that grey face with those big scary eyes really freeks me out!

I have no reason to have these fears. I wasnt sucked up in some ufo and prodded when I was a kid. Just a weird fear!
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Crocodiles and alligators underwater
    Driving on interstates
    bridges over water
    seeing toes or feet cut on
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Mine's not a -phobia, it's a -noia.

Barriernoia.

Fear of Jersey barriers. But only when I'm the passenger. Right next to them. Eeeeeeek!!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    To the person that said trypophobia - dude, that's freaking disgusting... and it just made the top of my list cuz after googling it; I feel puke-ish.

I'm with the person that said Chucky (the good guys doll) from Child's Play. It jacked me up as a kid... same with Puppet Master (although I can actually sit thru that one). I can't actually do Child's Play - first or second. There's something about a small inanimate object coming to life and trying to kill me - that freaks me the *kitten* out. Go figure. It's not pediophobia, cuz that's just a fear of dolls.

I'm fine with dolls. As long as they don't come to life and try and kick my *kitten*.