What phobia do you have?

Options

Replies

• tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Triskaidekaphobia: fear of the number 13. it's pretty bad. i have to look at another set of numbers after I see that horrid number and that includes any combination of numbers that add up to it, too.

Arachnophobia: Fear of spiders.

Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns

I also have a hard time walking over sidewalk grates, it just freaks me out walking on "air".
  • suckerlove
    suckerlove Posts: 198
    Options
    fish, eating them or seeing them blech!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Climacophobia...
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Orthopterophobia- fear of grasshoppers or crickets.

Crikets have always freaked me the *kitten* out! I don't know if they bite but they are probably the most annoying bug ever! Seriously, what is the purpose of all these annoying and disgusting insects?!

Im not a big fan of spiders either. If I see one, I won't scream but I definitely jump sometimes. Im allright as long as the spider doesn't fly and isn't the size of a car lol. I have this fear of waking up to a nasty spider in my bed ever since I saw a pic someone posted on the forums here. Ewwwwww.

Crickets mostly freak me out due to their jumping and it's hard to kill them. I feel like they will jump at my face or something. Horrible.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm cool with your weird hole phobia. Didn't faze me one bit. I've been slowly overcoming *most* of my childhood phobias, and I'm pretty good with most of them:

Used to be SUPER afraid of heights. Not really anymore.
    Used to be AFRAID of spiders. Now I'm just a little squeamish--I'm the one who takes care of them for my husband.
    Now the only one that's stuck with me and gotten worse is inadequacy, or that I'll f something up, or that I actually am as stupid as my sisters told me I was. That one's been hard to shake. Hmm...that's probably the "hole" I'm trying to fill with food. Ah well...now I'll just try to put exercise there instead.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Fear of being thirsty. I always have something near me. I have water and tea at my desk and if I get up to leave it for any reason I take it with me even if I am going to be gone for just a minute.

I am claustrophobic, as well as being wrapped in anything, or pressing on me. I had to take my acrylic nails off because I was about to go insane because they were touching me and I could not easily remove them, it made me fill trapped somehow.

ETA: I have a fear of being buried when I die which also brings me to my fear of cremation.
  • Raimi1990
    Options
    I have apiphobia (bees). I'm scared of anything that can fly and sting you! That includes bees, wasps, hornets, yellowjackets, etc.

I will finch and scream when they get too close, and I know I should stand still, but it's SO HARD!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Mine is Arachnophobia (spiders) and Lilapsophobia (tornadoes)

Me too on both! Really any kind of storm or high wind. Any size spider.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    spiders, public speaking, death, small spaces, heights
    just to name a few. those are the bigger fears. I have plentyyyy of others!
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Coulrophobia

:frown: :frown: help!!

4e626937.jpg

This. Aaahhh I saw this earlier in a coworkers cubicle. I wanted to rip it down!!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Parasitophobia, which is a fear of parasites, like tapeworms and ticks. I've mostly gotten over that, but I have a ridiculous fear of maggots - not sure whether there's a name for it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I am famous (or infamous) for this. My nephew recently looked up the term for me: EMETOPHOBIA - fear of being nauseated and/or vomiting.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Bugs, car crashes, heights, death.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    What is your phobia or what are you scared of?

Mine is trypophobia. (have fun with googling that once you see what it is I bet some of you will realize you have this too!)

GTFO! This has a name!! I've had this for as long as I can remember and it's such a specific hole type phobia. OMG!!!!!
    The hair stands up all over me at the mere thought of a lotus seed pod. omg.
    I feel a little less crazy!
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

Hydrophobia - fear of water
    Acrophobia - fear of heights (no, not vertigo, that's dizziness at heights)

Makes my life hell, I can tell you. I never flew until my mid 50's, I love flying, scared of actually getting on a plane though!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Kabourophobia and Acrophobia and my worse is Achluophobia.

Basically i'm very very scared of being chased by crabs along high cliff tops in the dark.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    faak, now i cant get the hole - pic outta my head. SOOOOOO creepy. ewww

There was one that ****ed me for years. A photoshopped pic of a lotus seed pod on a boob over the nipple saying it was some kind of parasite infestation. OMG. Nearly vomit thinking of it.

I also can't eat at a place that serves those lotus chips. OMG! What if one touched MY FOOD! Cannot do iiit!
  • sa7toot
    Options
    I don't know if i can call it phobia.. but I hate going home and not to find anyone in there.
  • Ella300x
    Ella300x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of needles,blood , spiders, ALL bugs
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have trypanophobia, a fear of needles in medical procedures (not anywhere, else, I love crafting). It takes a lot of courage to get myself to do anything medical...