Milk does NOT do your body good!

Options
Here are some of the high points I have read on dairy:

Milk is designed to make us have the fastest growth spurt of our lives. Double our weight in 6 months, triple at a year, and quadruple at 2. By design it does the same for cows. A 90 lb calf doubles its weight in 47 days and grows to over 2000lbs in 2 years. By design the mother's body is able to detect the nutrients the baby is void of or needs the most of and tailors the milk to meet those needs. So why do we drink the milk of a cow, a mammal 250 times the size of an 8 pound baby. We are the only specie on earth that drinks milk as adults.

Between the ages of 18 months and 4 years we lose 90-95% of the lactase enzyme to digest milk. Undigested lactose and acidity of milk encourages the growth of bacteria in our intestines, and cancer thrives in acidic conditions.

A study done at Harvard, Yale, Penn State, and the National Institute of Health did a study and found dairy to be a deterrent to osteoperosis and the high protein content of dairy actually takes calcium from the body. A Yale study found the countries that consume the most dairy, meat, and other animal products are the countries with the highest osteoperois rates. 40 million Americans have osteoperosis but only 250,000 African women have bone disease, infact only one tribe in Africa has osteoperosis sufferers and that is the tribe that drinks cow's milk. Dairy has also been linked to a host of other diseases as well: acne, anemia, arthritis, ADD, ADHD, fibromyalgia, headaches, heartburn, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, joint pain, poor immune function, allergies, ear infections, colic, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, autism, Crohn's disease, breast, prostrate, and ovarian cancers.

Cows by nature produce up to 10 pounds of milk a day, but the cows the produce the milk we drink are injected with a hormone so they can instead produce a 100 pounds a day. When you ingest dairy you are ingesting the same antibiotics, pesticides, steroids, and hormones as you would if you digested the meat directly. The udders become sore and infected, and the antibiotics given to them for this goes straight into our milk. By the way, by law they are allowed to have up to 750 million pus cells per a gallon of milk. Pasteurization destroys beneficial enzymes and calcium without killing all the viruses and bacteria.

An adequate amount of calcium can be ingested by eating a healthy balance of fruits and vegetables. Consuming high amounts of dairy blocks iron absorption leading to iron deficiency. Vitamin D can be received by 15 minutes of sunlight a day. 70-80% of the calories in cheese alone comes from fat, and low fat cheese still accounts for 50% of the calories from fat.

There are many resources out there. Notmilk.com has every disease known linked to milk and studies done for each of those diseases. Skinny ***** by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin is a great book. Milksucks.com also has some hardcore truths and eye opening resources.

Add me on MyFitnessPal.

Replies

• skinnyskittles
    Options
    Well said
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    tl;dr but I agree Milk is not a replacement for other calcium rich foods.
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I agree, I have not found anything backing up dairy products in general.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love milk really... but I have tried for a long time now to keep it too a minimum.

(Mostly a splash in 1 coffee per day)

Also I read in my Optimum Nutrition Bible. That as a woman. IFF you are going to drink any milk, then make sure it IS organic.

that cows are pumped full of nasty chemicals to force their bodies to KEEP producing milk (even though they have not just had a calf.. like how we would if we had just had a baby)..

and that those nasty hormones are passed on to us in non organic dairy. (especially milk)

(and can play havoc with OUR hormones)
  • Aventuria
    Options
    If you think like that, I assume you're a vegetarian? Cause otherwise I'd just laugh. There's more antibiotics in MEAT than most other things we eat nowadays. :wink:

What's with cheese, guys? And Yoghurt, do you not eat those things either?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Please keep the forum guidelines in mind:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Thank You,
    Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    We are the only specie on earth that drinks milk as adults.

We are also the only species on earth to build space shuttles. Coincidence? I think not.
  • Snupydecat
    Options
    That's great info! Dairy causes eczema, stomach issues, and behavioral problems in my kids. We've severely cut down on dairy products and are finding ways to cut down even more because I realized if milk was so good for us, why are my kids' bodies rejecting it like this?
  • Eupho
    Options
    I love milk really... but I have tried for a long time now to keep it too a minimum.

Also I read in my Optimum Nutrition Bible. That as a woman. IFF you are going to drink any milk, then make sure it IS organic.

that cows are pumped full of nasty chemicals to force their bodies to KEEP producing milk (even though they have not just had a calf.. like how we would if we had just had a baby)..

and that those hormones are passed on to us in non organic dairy. (especially milk)

(and can play havoc with OUR hormones)
  • Eupho
    Options
    Gawwwd.. I didnt mean to quote MYSELF! hahaha

:laugh: :laugh:
  • relucas81
    Options
    For the vast majority of us, milk and other dairy products fit into a healthy, well-balanced diet. For those of you that have health-related issues, and/or find yourself feeling healthier without them, good job for adhering to what is right for you.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

I bet we're the only species who eat these too (OP's last diary entries in case you were wondering...)

Team Beachbody - Greenberry Shakeology - Meal Replacement, 1 scoop (40 grams) 140 19 0 16
    Biochem Sports - 100 Calorie Protein Bar , 25 g 100 13 3 6
    Truroots - Sprouted Rice and Quinoa Blend, 1/4 cup 120 31 3 6
    Blue Diamond Almond Breeze - Almond Milk - Unsweetened , 2 cup (240 mL) 80 2 7 2
    Raspberries - Raw, 0.25 cup 16 4 0 0
    Quaker - Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chew Granola Bar, 1 Bar

Just saying....
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/6-reasons-to-get-your-diary
    http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/dairy-why.html
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/medical/nutrition032104.htm

You're on the internet, look it up for yourself and don't take ANYONE'S word (mine included) without proper reference.
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I bet we're the only species who eat these too (OP's last diary entries in case you were wondering...)

Team Beachbody - Greenberry Shakeology - Meal Replacement, 1 scoop (40 grams) 140 19 0 16
    Blue Diamond Almond Breeze - Almond Milk - Unsweetened , 2 cup (240 mL) 80 2 7 2

Just saying....

Brilliant!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Just saying....

Brilliant!

Lol
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Here are some of the high points I have read on dairy:

Milk is designed to make us have the fastest growth spurt of our lives. Double our weight in 6 months, triple at a year, and quadruple at 2. By design it does the same for cows. A 90 lb calf doubles its weight in 47 days and grows to over 2000lbs in 2 years. By design the mother's body is able to detect the nutrients the baby is void of or needs the most of and tailors the milk to meet those needs. So why do we drink the milk of a cow, a mammal 250 times the size of an 8 pound baby. We are the only specie on earth that drinks milk as adults.

Between the ages of 18 months and 4 years we lose 90-95% of the lactase enzyme to digest milk. Undigested lactose and acidity of milk encourages the growth of bacteria in our intestines, and cancer thrives in acidic conditions.

A study done at Harvard, Yale, Penn State, and the National Institute of Health did a study and found dairy to be a deterrent to osteoperosis and the high protein content of dairy actually takes calcium from the body. A Yale study found the countries that consume the most dairy, meat, and other animal products are the countries with the highest osteoperois rates. 40 million Americans have osteoperosis but only 250,000 African women have bone disease, infact only one tribe in Africa has osteoperosis sufferers and that is the tribe that drinks cow's milk. Dairy has also been linked to a host of other diseases as well: acne, anemia, arthritis, ADD, ADHD, fibromyalgia, headaches, heartburn, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, joint pain, poor immune function, allergies, ear infections, colic, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, autism, Crohn's disease, breast, prostrate, and ovarian cancers.

Cows by nature produce up to 10 pounds of milk a day, but the cows the produce the milk we drink are injected with a hormone so they can instead produce a 100 pounds a day. When you ingest dairy you are ingesting the same antibiotics, pesticides, steroids, and hormones as you would if you digested the meat directly. The udders become sore and infected, and the antibiotics given to them for this goes straight into our milk. By the way, by law they are allowed to have up to 750 million pus cells per a gallon of milk. Pasteurization destroys beneficial enzymes and calcium without killing all the viruses and bacteria.

An adequate amount of calcium can be ingested by eating a healthy balance of fruits and vegetables. Consuming high amounts of dairy blocks iron absorption leading to iron deficiency. Vitamin D can be received by 15 minutes of sunlight a day. 70-80% of the calories in cheese alone comes from fat, and low fat cheese still accounts for 50% of the calories from fat.

There are many resources out there. Notmilk.com has every disease known linked to milk and studies done for each of those diseases. Skinny ***** by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin is a great book. Milksucks.com also has some hardcore truths and eye opening resources.

Add me on MyFitnessPal.

So milk is designed to make us fat, culture bacteria inside of us, make our intestines acidic, leach calcium from our system, and degenerate our bones - and you say therefore that this is only good while we're children? It sounds like it's terrible for us as children too. I don't want no calcium-deprived acidic-intestined bone-degenerating fat baby. If anything, it sounds like milk is murder. Murder by mothers!

Your well documented research and long list of reputable scholarly reports makes a clear argument and I agree completely. You've convinced me that women(aka mothers) are trying to kill their children with breast milk. I think we should ban breast feeding. Sure you say it's good to help the little buggers grow, but if it has so many adverse effects then they trump the good ones. Women are obviously evil and trying to destroy our lives, one sipped nipple at a time.

Your information has changed my life. One MFP user and one hack website devoid of valuable and transparent research is just what I needed to give my life new guidance. All along this milk has been rotting me away. Maybe I should switch to those Beach Body products you recommend. After all, mankind makes much better products than nature.
  • NoFatChick2
    Options

Just saying....

Brilliant!

:laugh: Love it.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Please keep the forum guidelines in mind:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Thank You,
    Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
    Why was my post deleted, i didn't attack anybody? And the post i was replying to was also deleted, and she didn't attack anybody either.

Lame!
  • Kellyh01
    Kellyh01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Just saying....

Brilliant!

:laugh: Love it.

haha; doesn't shakeology use whey protein? and whey protein comes from dairy products?