Milk does NOT do your body good!

Options

Replies

• GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I would say we are the only species that uses MyFitnessPal... but sometimes I have my doubts. :indifferent:
    Gorillas use it too. Purportedly.

I think the bigger question here is... Is "milk" really a "hot-button issue?"
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Cows by nature produce up to 10 pounds of milk a day, but the cows the produce the milk we drink are injected with a hormone so they can instead produce a 100 pounds a day. When you ingest dairy you are ingesting the same antibiotics, pesticides, steroids, and hormones as you would if you digested the meat directly. The udders become sore and infected, and the antibiotics given to them for this goes straight into our milk.
    All of this is absolutely and patently false. Please make sure you do research before posting things like this. These are absolute lies.
    Cows have been genetically SELECTED to produce 100+ lbs of milk per cow per day, give or take depending on the breed and quality of said cow. That is without hormones. You are attempting to give the impression that a cow will go from producing 10 lbs of milk a day to 100 from an injection? No. Not even a little true.
    When you inject a cow with rBST, she will produce 11-16% more milk than they normally would. Not all cows are treated with rBST, either. Something like 20% of dairies use this hormone.
    It is impossible to detect the difference between cows that are treated with rBST and those who are not because there is no difference in the levels of this hormone from cows that are untreated, they produce their own naturally. Read labels. They are carefully worded and do not say "rBST-free milk" because that is not true.
    Cows that are treated with antibiotics for mastitis have ALL of their milk WITHHELD from consumption until there are no detectable levels of antibiotics in the milk. There is a positive correlation between cows that produce more milk and the incidence of mastitis, which is a bacterial infection in the udder. Most cows don't have this, and farmers do everything they can to keep the udders of their cows healthy. Farmers who violate this and let antibiotics into their bulk tanks would be penalized very very heavily for it, so they don't do it.
    Milk is a very clean food. That is a fact.

Get your facts straight.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    that being said, not drinking milk or consuming dairy is a personal choice and your prerogative. That is great if you do not care to. But do not spread lies and half truths about milk. It is unbecoming.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    Every form of liqued is bad for you if you would researched super deep, who cares, it is as with everything, if you don't take to much you be alright :)

I drink skim milk btw :)

Remember folks, 100% of people who drink water die! - FACT

:-)
    That has never been proven. You can't believe everything you read on the Inter Nets.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    that being said, not drinking milk or consuming dairy is a personal choice and your prerogative. That is great if you do not care to. But do not spread lies and half truths about milk. It is unbecoming.
    Would you say that spreading lies about milk, leaves a sour taste in your mouth? Don't have a cow. She's just being cheesy. We should all just moove on, to greener pastures. Just remember, cream always floats to the top.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Would you say that spreading lies about milk, leaves a sour taste in your mouth? Don't have a cow. She's just being cheesy. We should all just moove on, to greener pastures. Just remember, cream always floats to the top.
    Ha!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Every form of liqued is bad for you if you would researched super deep, who cares, it is as with everything, if you don't take to much you be alright :)

That has never been proven. You can't believe everything you read on the Inter Nets.

The web is only filled with truth. Somewhere.
  • SueGremlin
    Options

The web is only filled with truth. Somewhere.
    LIES! Where did you read that?!
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    Ha!
    The sad part is... those are just the puns that came to mind as I was typing. I've thought of 20 more since I posted it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    it's simple....we drink Milk because it tastes good, and because we choose to. If other mammals had a choice, bet they'd like some milk too...

The thing is, they do. If you put a bowl of milk in front of a dog or cat and many other mammals, they will absolutely drink it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Cows by nature produce up to 10 pounds of milk a day, but the cows the produce the milk we drink are injected with a hormone so they can instead produce a 100 pounds a day. When you ingest dairy you are ingesting the same antibiotics, pesticides, steroids, and hormones as you would if you digested the meat directly. The udders become sore and infected, and the antibiotics given to them for this goes straight into our milk.
    All of this is absolutely and patently false. Please make sure you do research before posting things like this. These are absolute lies.
    Cows have been genetically SELECTED to produce 100+ lbs of milk per cow per day, give or take depending on the breed and quality of said cow. That is without hormones. You are attempting to give the impression that a cow will go from producing 10 lbs of milk a day to 100 from an injection? No. Not even a little true.
    When you inject a cow with rBST, she will produce 11-16% more milk than they normally would. Not all cows are treated with rBST, either. Something like 20% of dairies use this hormone.
    It is impossible to detect the difference between cows that are treated with rBST and those who are not because there is no difference in the levels of this hormone from cows that are untreated, they produce their own naturally. Read labels. They are carefully worded and do not say "rBST-free milk" because that is not true.
    Cows that are treated with antibiotics for mastitis have ALL of their milk WITHHELD from consumption until there are no detectable levels of antibiotics in the milk. There is a positive correlation between cows that produce more milk and the incidence of mastitis, which is a bacterial infection in the udder. Most cows don't have this, and farmers do everything they can to keep the udders of their cows healthy. Farmers who violate this and let antibiotics into their bulk tanks would be penalized very very heavily for it, so they don't do it.

Get your facts straight.

Awesome! I just don't get why some just need to demonize foods. There really seems to be a lot of this baloney lately whether it's milk, wheat, carbs, sugar whatever. Have we all lost our common sense?? Fitness, weight management and heath are not some double secret formula of restrictions.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just don't get why some just need to demonize foods. There really seems to be a lot of this baloney lately whether it's milk, wheat, carbs, sugar whatever. Have we all lost our common sense?? Fitness, weight management and heath are not some double secret formula of restrictions.

Don't you know? It's all a government plot to kill us all, because they don't want any living taxpayers or voters.

Where's my tinfoil?
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

Don't you know? It's all a government plot to kill us all, because they don't want any living taxpayers or voters.

Where's my tinfoil?
    They're just going to churn this topic until it curdles.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Is milk healthy? No. Is meat healthy? No. Are vegetables and fruits healthy? No. Not unless you live on your own private island far from land and grow all your own food without chemical fertilizers or pesticides.

If you can afford to buy organic, lucky you, it probably helps. But it still isn't as healthy as it would be if our planet wasn't drenched in chemicals.
    The article singles out one food (dairy) and details the man-made health hazards in that food without mentioning that the foods we 'should be eating instead' (fruits and vegetables) have similar manmade hazards.

Ever notice how many e-coli outbreaks are from organic veggies? Almost all of them in the last decade. Hardly makes tham a healthier choice. Although, a case of food poisoning may help you lose weight.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    Is milk healthy? No. Is meat healthy? No. Are vegetables and fruits healthy? No. Not unless you live on your own private island far from land and grow all your own food without chemical fertilizers or pesticides.

If you can afford to buy organic, lucky you, it probably helps. But it still isn't as healthy as it would be if our planet wasn't drenched in chemicals.
    The article singles out one food (dairy) and details the man-made health hazards in that food without mentioning that the foods we 'should be eating instead' (fruits and vegetables) have similar manmade hazards.
    In all fairness, I think those e coli outbreaks are derived from water that is contaminated with livestock feces.

Ever notice how many e-coli outbreaks are from organic veggies? Almost all of them in the last decade. Hardly makes tham a healthier choice. Although, a case of food poisoning may help you lose weight.
    In all fairness, I think the majority of those e coli outbreaks can be traced back to irrigation water that is contaminated with livestock feces.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Please keep the forum guidelines in mind:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Thank You,
    Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
    Why was my post deleted, i didn't attack anybody? And the post i was replying to was also deleted, and she didn't attack anybody either.

Lame!

MFP mods are going crazy lately. I don't know if they hired a new mod fresh from catholic school or what. A friend of mine got a 1 year ban for a photo that "showed too much cleavage" - the photo was her whole body(so it wasn't a close-up) and she was wearing jeans and a tank. Figure that one out!
    I'm thinking it was either an honest mistake, or she disagreed with my opinion and let her little bit of power go to her head and used it to delete opinions she didn't like. But since the person who i was responding to also got her comment deleted, and that person had a different opinion than me, i have to think the mod probably just messed up. Still lame, though.

This is the one time we agree.

I don't think I was attacking anyone but apparently you can't disagree anymore.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Wow! That kinda wanted to make me barf a little. It was useful wonderful information though..... I was diagnosed with a milk allergy as an infant and then drank milk regularly for 6 years. All of the sudden, I was allergic. I'm no longer allergic but do have it with cereal and totally love almond milk!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

Everyone should read this. I've heard this same information from my sister who is an International Agricultural Development major and has taken classes specifically on the dairy industry.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Tried almond milk and it did not work in my hot drinks at all.
    Soya has its own issues.
    So I stick to a little fullfat milk in my hot drinks, and I cannot imagine not having my daily quark dessert and my cottage cheese and occasional mascarpone cheese.
    I don't think it is affecting me negatively.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Aren't our thumbs positioned they way they are so that we can milk cows? I thought everyone knew this!