Milk does NOT do your body good!

Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I'm a little tired of being compared to animals.
    We are animals, physiologically. No amount of living in a human society will change that.

Last time I checked, I'm human.
    Humans ARE animals.
    If you don't know what is meant with animals and human your thinking is very small

he doesn't get enough milk.
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have to say this kinda mkes sense to me.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Edited: Oops. On my wife's account.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I appreciate and needed to read your post in order to be reminded why I need to eliminate dairy from my diet! I actually quit dairy during the month of July but started again the middle of August (organic but that doesn't matter does it?). It is Sept. 1st and I need to eliminate it from my diet. I definitely suffer from joint pain and mild osteoarthritis. You have helped to motivate me with these facts, it's not worth it.
    Thank you!
    :flowerforyou:

I actually experienced joint pain UNTIL I STARTED to drink milk. My joints feel a million times better when I drink a glass a day.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    We are animals, physiologically. No amount of living in a human society will change that.

Last time I checked, I'm human.
    Humans ARE animals.
    If you don't know what is meant with animals and human your thinking is very small
    If you don't know that a human is part of the animal kingdom, than your insult applies to yourself.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    We are the only specie on earth that drinks milk as adults.
    Well what other species has figured out how to milk a cow? I bet they would if they could. :tongue: Are we not the only species that cooks our meat before we eat it? By that logic, maybe we should stop doing that since we're the only ones.
    I think we are the only animals who keep drinking milk after birth. Think about it, all animals are breast fed until they are weened from their mother. But we keep drinking it? And all of the growth hormones in it! YIKES! I occasionally have a splash of milk in things or a small glass of skim milk, but I do not drink it everyday!
    Keep drinking milk after birth? My daughter didn't start drinking milk UNTIL birth. :laugh: [/sarcasm] Sorry, had to say it.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Not seeing any actual research/sources. Pass.

*drinks glass of whole milk.*
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    There are many resources out there. Notmilk.com has every disease known linked to milk and studies done for each of those diseases. Skinny ***** by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin is a great book. Milksucks.com also has some hardcore truths and eye opening resources.

Add me on MyFitnessPal.

The fact that your sources are PETA (milksucks.com) and a man (Mike Adams) who purports that the Aurora, Co. shootings were staged by the FBI makes your entire argument invalid. Thanks for playing.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Except for the processing to allow for safety, etc, I think milk is very natural. Maybe not natural for adults, but whatever. But that doesn't make me want to drink it. A lot of what I eat and drink is unnatural, and I'm ok with that. Nature isn't always king - it also produces some very bad things that will kill me. Anyway, my primary reason for avoiding dairy is ethical, so that won't be swayed by natural/unnatural arguments. I've always thought that was silly anyway. I still think cheese tastes yummy, so sometimes it's a struggle.

To each his own. Just try to enjoy life and do the best you can.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololollololoollolollolololollolololololollol. Drinks at least 2 cups per day.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I was going to say something similar to this, but this is worded better. I agree with this. I don't use much dairy, but when I do it is good, wholesome RAW dairy.
    I've read some stuff about milk from the milk industry vs raw milk from grass fed cows. I agree with what you've said about the majority of the milk industry. Hormones, antibiotics, pus...the whole 9 yards. Also, the fact that it is pasteurized and homogenized is bad, too. We need the enzymes from raw milk in order to break down the proteins in it. When milk is pasteurized, those healthy bacteria and enzymes are killed and we are unable to break down the proteins as easily. Also, homogenizing milk supposedly causes the fat globules to be broken into tiny sticky pieces, which can in fact contribute to clogged arteries. Not homogenizing the milk, though, causes the fat globules to stay in one piece, which is passed through your system. Its not going to get stuck in your arteries. Lastly, I've read that a lot of lactose intolerant people are able to eat raw dairy with no problems! This is due to the good bacteria and enzymes in the raw milk that break down the proteins for them .

Anywho, I got this info from The Untold Story of Milk and my favorite book, "Nourishing Traditions". I think raw dairy and especially fermented raw dairy are very good for those of us who are able to digest it! And of course, there are those people who have acquired such a sensitivity that they truly cannot digest dairy, even raw dairy.

I would like to see those studies done using raw milk, from grassfed cows. I wonder what the difference would be?
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness here we go.

Oh_noes.gif
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I dipped some corn in a glass of milk and used the milk-soaked corn cob to rob my local Whole Foods market. Everyone screamed in terror, clutching their bags of steel-cut oats and ezekiel bread.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    There are many resources out there. Notmilk.com has every disease known linked to milk and studies done for each of those diseases. Skinny ***** by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin is a great book. Milksucks.com also has some hardcore truths and eye opening resources.

Add me on MyFitnessPal.

The fact that your sources are PETA (milksucks.com) and a man (Mike Adams) who purports that the Aurora, Co. shootings were staged by the FBI makes your entire argument invalid. Thanks for playing.

Lol. Good catch. Conspiracy theorist spotted!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    We are naturally designed to use our legs. Walk your butt to work.

Your mattress is unnatural. Sleep on the ground.

Your shoes are unnatural. Go barefoot.

Toilets are unnatural. Go *kitten* in the neighbor's yard.

Animals sleep on the ground and use their bare feet. Why can't we? They also eat raw meat. Why can't we? Some species show competition by eating the competitor's babies. Why can't we?

We are animals also. And we used to do all of the things that you stated above. And some people are going back to living like what you mentioned above.

Shoes, mattresses and such are not natural and wonder why so many have neck, back and feet problems.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I will give this thread careful consideration (she said while drinking coffee with a full cup of steamed 1/2% milk in it).

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Oh Goody.......This again......

milk_was_a_bad_choice-7777021.jpg
  • Jeffsimpson
    Options
    Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Vague references to "studies" done at "namedrop_college" really don't do anything for me without context and links to information about what the actual study was and how it was conducted.

Also, when posts get too preachy, they have the inverse affect in that this post really wants to make me go drink some milk, lol. Personally I don't drink milk, but that's my choice. If others drink milk, that is fine and I don't care, but blatantly posting how everyone is flat out wrong because of "a study" is an open invitation for flaming threads. Perhaps a little more context and discretion could be suggested in the future if you are trying to make a point?
  • everystar
    everystar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've always been healthy whether I've drunk milk or not, but since I cut dairy out of my diet completely a couple of years ago, I've had significantly less pimples (I'd almost always had at least one on my face - and scalp, annoyingly enough - since hitting puberty), the weird little bumps I've always had on the back of my arms went away, and I feel like I can think more clearly in general (hate to be vague, but I'm not sure how best to express it).

Anyway, I'm in not a "natural"-foods-only type, but if you have any health problems and haven't done so, I think it's at least worth a try to cut dairy out of the picture.
  • prinxessdeb
    prinxessdeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    x+face+plam.jpg

Love it!