Milk does NOT do your body good!

Options

Replies

• kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    We are the only specie on earth that drinks milk as adults.

I bet we're the only species who eat these too (OP's last diary entries in case you were wondering...)

Team Beachbody - Greenberry Shakeology - Meal Replacement, 1 scoop (40 grams) 140 19 0 16
    Biochem Sports - 100 Calorie Protein Bar , 25 g 100 13 3 6
    Truroots - Sprouted Rice and Quinoa Blend, 1/4 cup 120 31 3 6
    Blue Diamond Almond Breeze - Almond Milk - Unsweetened , 2 cup (240 mL) 80 2 7 2
    Raspberries - Raw, 0.25 cup 16 4 0 0
    Quaker - Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chew Granola Bar, 1 Bar

Just saying....

A classic post!

:drinker:
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ice cream...no amount of "research" hating on milk will stop my DAILY ice cream consumption...or my glass of post run chocolate milk.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I don't believe in the benefits of dairy.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    :sits in the corner with a gallon of milk and a carton of eggs and laughs:
  • Karena_Juarez
    Options
    that being said, not drinking milk or consuming dairy is a personal choice and your prerogative. That is great if you do not care to. But do not spread lies and half truths about milk. It is unbecoming.
    Would you say that spreading lies about milk, leaves a sour taste in your mouth? Don't have a cow. She's just being cheesy. We should all just moove on, to greener pastures. Just remember, cream always floats to the top.

LOL:laugh:
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The only milk I drink is in the form of beer.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Is milk healthy? No. Is meat healthy? No. Are vegetables and fruits healthy? No. Not unless you live on your own private island far from land and grow all your own food without chemical fertilizers or pesticides.

If you can afford to buy organic, lucky you, it probably helps. But it still isn't as healthy as it would be if our planet wasn't drenched in chemicals.
    The article singles out one food (dairy) and details the man-made health hazards in that food without mentioning that the foods we 'should be eating instead' (fruits and vegetables) have similar manmade hazards.

Ever notice how many e-coli outbreaks are from organic veggies? Almost all of them in the last decade. Hardly makes tham a healthier choice. Although, a case of food poisoning may help you lose weight.

I haven't seen on the news where organic vegetables and fruits have been re-called due to e-coli or listeria.

Everything I see and read are recalls for conventionally grown vegetables and fruits. Just last week cantaloupe (not organically grown) are being recalled.
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    "and the National Institute of Health did a study and found dairy to be a DETERRENT to osteoperosis and the high protein content of dairy actually takes calcium from the body."
    ummmm does she know what the word deterrent actually means? Pretty sure that means that milk helps prevent osteoporosis... maybe I'm wrong.

Also milk is awesome. So is goats milk, great alternative for those of you with cow milk issues.
    But it all comes down to choice, we get to choose what we put in our bodies... so I'll leave you all to your own choices and will continue with mine.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We are all going to die anyways - this post will not stop me from drinking milk.
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Is milk healthy? No. Is meat healthy? No. Are vegetables and fruits healthy? No. Not unless you live on your own private island far from land and grow all your own food without chemical fertilizers or pesticides.

If you can afford to buy organic, lucky you, it probably helps. But it still isn't as healthy as it would be if our planet wasn't drenched in chemicals.
    The article singles out one food (dairy) and details the man-made health hazards in that food without mentioning that the foods we 'should be eating instead' (fruits and vegetables) have similar manmade hazards.

Ever notice how many e-coli outbreaks are from organic veggies? Almost all of them in the last decade. Hardly makes tham a healthier choice. Although, a case of food poisoning may help you lose weight.

I haven't seen on the news where organic vegetables and fruits have been re-called due to e-coli or listeria.

Everything I see and read are recalls for conventionally grown vegetables and fruits. Just last week cantaloupe (not organically grown) are being recalled.

The e coli and listeria on vegetables usually comes from contaminated run off from large cattle farms. E coli is a part of cow digestion and listeria used to be only heard of in dairy products. Because the animal products are usually either cooked or pasteurized, it is not much of a problem. It is a very big problem for things like vegetables to get them because we eat them raw.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    and the National Institute of Health did a study and found dairy to be a DETERRENT to osteoperosis and the high protein content of dairy actually takes calcium from the body.

ummmm does she know what the word deterrent actually means? Pretty sure that means that milk helps prevent osteoporosis... maybe I'm wrong.

People, don't trust a woman who doesn't know basic vocabulary to read studies accurately.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Just because a particular food isn't for you doesn't mean you need to demonize it for other people. I mean if you really want to get specific I can find you some studies and FDA laws for how many insect parts are allowed in processed grains that one person listed on your food diary (the quinoa and both the peanuts used to make the peanutbutter and the oats used in the Quaker Oat bars you ate) and comment on how contradictory you are by demonizing milk, yet consuming protein powders and Quaker Oats bars, both of which use whey.

How about you eat what you eat according to your tastes and beliefs and let others do the same :)
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered why we don't serve human milk to humans. There could be a lot of job opportunities there :). You can find some evidence to support just about every position. If you have issues with milk and lactose intolerance, or don't like it, don't use it, otherwise do. I personally like milk in my tea and looove my lattes, but cannot tolerate ice cream or yoghurt. These are my decisions to make and I am capable of making them on my own. But stop putting your scewed beliefs on others. There is not one right way to live or eat!! There are plenty other reasons for the deseases you mentioned.
  • steven_goldilocks
    Options
    Even worse is what your body does to poor old milk. All those digestive acids, it doesn't stand a chance.

Will no one think of the milk?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Even worse is what your body does to poor old milk. All those digestive acids, it doesn't stand a chance.

And the poor baby cows, for which it was intended, that no longer get to drink it.

What do they do with the unwanted baby cows from the dairy industry? That's where the veal industry comes from.

They drag the babies away from the mother immediately upon birth. The mother doesn't want to give up the baby, but the dairy workers move quickly. It's a really sad thing to watch, but you all need your milk, right?
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

And the poor baby cows, for which it was intended, that no longer get to drink it.

Sure they do.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

What do they do with the unwanted baby cows from the dairy industry? That's where the veal industry comes from.

They drag the babies away from the mother immediately upon birth. The mother doesn't want to give up the baby, but the dairy workers move quickly. It's a really sad thing to watch, but you all need your milk, right?

That total fiction. Why are you making things up? There is a veal industry but it does not involve all the poor baby cows who now don't get their milk. You are totally anthomorphizing. I can assure you in the dairy industry there are no "unwanted" baby cows.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Just because a particular food isn't for you doesn't mean you need to demonize it for other people. I mean if you really want to get specific I can find you some studies and FDA laws for how many insect parts are allowed in processed grains that one person listed on your food diary (the quinoa and both the peanuts used to make the peanutbutter and the oats used in the Quaker Oat bars you ate) and comment on how contradictory you are by demonizing milk, yet consuming protein powders and Quaker Oats bars, both of which use whey.

How about you eat what you eat according to your tastes and beliefs and let others do the same :)

Word!
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what is true or not, but since I gave up milk a few weeks ago both my asthma and acne have next to gone!!! Definitely good for me, personally.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Completely agree! And with milk, along with everything else we choose to put into our bodies...it is all about moderation.