WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. It’s another hot one here but will be getting cooler and we’ll get some much needed rain tomorrow or so they say. Had a quiet day in the ICU but I am totally exhausted. I took a nap and DD#2 says I was babbling when I woke up LOL.:laugh: I just can’t believe I used to work 12 hour shifts without problem. Now 7 or 8 hours on the floor kill me.

Michele: I used to be organized too! I would have started my shopping for Christmas by now, but as you can see, that went out the door as we are still doing taxes LOL. Good for you!

Micki: Oh my can I empathize with you. :sad: I get such bad muscle spasms that my left leg is often 1-2” shorter than the other one
    and I can hardly bear the pain. Stems from a couple of blown out discs years ago. The only good news is DH can stretch my back and relieve it about 90%. I need to start a stretching routine but stretching always makes me sore.

Lin: nurses can remove staples, so don’t be too nervous about that. A month of flagyl will cure the c diff. What is a toe to toe room? I’m surprised the nursing home doesn’t do isolation; they can spread this to their other residents, but maybe nursing homes don’t do isolation??? I’m not sure about that. I hope he gets better soon and with the flagyl he will.

Polly: check out Maryland Square for shoes. They have a huge assortment of sizes and all kinds of styles (and most of them you’d actually want to wear!) I loved your freezer story!:laugh:

Robin: ;I think those GPS things are inhabited by the spirits of really cranky people. A couple of years ago DD#1 was going to basketball camp in a nearby high school. Not really far away, but I had never been by it, so I did the GPS thing. We drove, winding and curving, for nearly 45 minutes through about 4 different neighborhoods. Come to find out the school was on the corner of 2 major intersections about 15 minutes from our house! :angry:

Wessecg: I’m not sure why people think we are teachers, maybe the back to school graphic on the front page or going back to work. There are some teachers here, but lots of other “things” too!

Barbie: yay for Jake coming home. I’m sure you will be so glad.

Janie: I know you can make your goals!

Lila: sorry your day was so rotten. I hate meetings!!! I hope tomorrow is a much better day!:flowerforyou:

Linda: so sorry about your knee! Your picture looks so nice I was surprised you have to lose weight to have the replacement! You look great! The IRS is telling us we can’t prove we adopted the kids of all things. You can only get $24,000 in tax credits for an adoption and we have over $50,000 in receipts so I’m not sure what the problem is. We keep filing for an arbitration meeting and Keep getting letters saying our claim has been denied, but we can ask for arbitration! I am about to threaten them that since we didn’t adopt these kids I’m leaving them on their doorstep!:bigsmile:

Amanda: you’ll have to post a new pic with your new hairdo! Male strippers….where????? I’ll go in your place!:blushing:

DeeDee: you sound back to your spunky self these days! I have tried three different pedometers and they never work. Do you have suggestions for a good one?

Cathy: your description of changing after swimming put a wonderful image in my head of how I must look at the Y when I swim. I have been chuckling ever since. I’m sure I will be struggling AND snickering! Now that will be a sight! You made my day:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nancy: Happy early birthday!:flowerforyou:

Laura: many of my posts have disappeared too, so I do the word doc thing then copy and paste!

Gini: I tried zumba once and didn’t like it, although I think I’d like another instructor. This class was packed (like 50 people) and she went really fast and everyone there was obviously a regular. I got shoved in the back and people were huffing at me and rolling their eyes when I’d mess up. I think a smaller class would be fun though. Do you wear the jingle thing?

Kathy: good job on the garage!

Jane: hope you are feeling better. What a lovely thing to do …taking baked goods to the pastor.:flowerforyou:

Well all I am going to get going and work on the dreaded taxes. UGH. You all take care, welcome to all the newbies, and have a good evening. Meg
    :drinker:
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ok~ i need to start setting some goals, so i'll start with September.

drink at least 8 glasses of WATER each day

try to remember to log my food diary each day

go to ALL my PT sessions and work as HARD as i can~ they are soooo nice, and i WANT to do this!

try to be kinder to myself when i mess up

remember to read the posts~ they always encourage me and lift my spirits

try to be a positive light to those around me, at home and on-line

that'll do for now....

hope you all are having a good week. i REALLY miss school!! hoping and praying the PT will do its job so i can go BACK to my job ASAP. looking forward to "fall" weather~ cooler temps w/ less humidity!

take good care of yourself~ you ARE worth it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JNHeff
    Options
    i really like your "report card" and "honor roll" system! great idea! :happy:

i have not (yet) found an nsaid that works for me & my arthritis. maybe i should try your glass-of-wine-in-the-evening.... :drinker:

i drink very seldom, but i DO need pain relief! at this point, i'm willing to try just about anything..... :wink:

hang in there, and have a great week! i have a feeling you WILL reach your goal by the time that reunion rolls around! :happy:

janie :smile:
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lost my contact lens last night...grrrr. Luckily I have my old pair and they aren't that much different. Still, it's a pain. My eye sight is really poor, and my glasses annoy me. That bifocal thing makes me dizzy.

And my fitbit is not syncing with MFP. I'm not getting my exercise calories to eat!! They are working on it.

I LOVE zumba. It's the first exercise that I have tried and stuck with. I started losing weight when I started doing it a year and a half ago. I'm down 48 pounds now. I'm sure when I started losing weight I started watching my food a little more too. And now MFP is helping a lot. (I'm pretty uncoordinated. But people in my class just laugh at themselves and keep on. We have fun.)

It was actually cool today, but back to the '90s by the weekend. I like hot weather. It's more humid than we're used to though. That I don't like...even though I grew up with it in Michigan.

Happy hump day tomorrow.

Eileen
  • JNHeff
    Options
    sandhillsmom:

that's GREAT about the quitting smoking, AND about the weight loss!! you'll do even better now that you can go back to the gym!

hope you're enjoying your school kiddos. :happy:

janie
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good evening lovely ladies--

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Still hurting but like I said yesterday sometime is takes a couple days. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Today was "log day" and was down 2# since I last posted (which is great) but was actually down 3# yesterday. Like I said for some reason I always weigh more on "log day". Is it cheating if I change my weigh day?? :laugh: :laugh: I started MFP on Tues., Jan. 3rd. hence the Tues. weigh day.

:flowerforyou: Barbie-I bet you're really glad to have Jake home for good. We just aren't the same when our "other half" is missing.

:flowerforyou: Laura80111-Take it one day at a time sorting your mom and dads stuff. My sister, Jill, lived with mom and dad the last 10 yrs. before they went home to the Lord and gets overwhelmed by all the stuff she has to go through. I live 800 miles away and so I'm not much help. Hang in there!!! I'll be praying for you.

:flowerforyou: Amanda-Congrats on all the walking. I thought 6 miles was good. I'd be dead if I tried to walk that much in one day. :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Gini-Congrats on the job. Hope the snowball keeps rolling. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Jane-You're such a sweet and inspirational person. Please take care of yourself.

:flowerforyou: Meg-I feel for you. I know what you mean about leg cramps. I've had some real doozies (?) Have you ever had them in your inner thigh? I've had several but thank God since I've lost weight I only get them occasionally and mostly in my feet. It used to get them at least once a night.

Welcome all the newbies.

Keep :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: It has made a HUGE difference for me.

Church and choir practice tomorrow so if I get to post it will be late.

Have a great Wednesday.

Sweet dreams!

Micki
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening all, much better day than yesterday.
    Some days work just is better than other days. Today I got to go for a hike in the forest on wonderful trails next to a stream with convivial people. Granted, it was looking at flood damage to the streambed and banks and estimating what needs to be done to avoid problems next spring freshet, but it was still a great hike and a sunny day and that’s a blessing.

Amanda – what is it with men and long hair? I have never known a man who wants his wife/partner to have short hair – even when it suits them better. Good luck with the strippers, not my cup of tea either.

Nancy – the liquid smoked salmon sounds great, will have to try it. Hope your trip to Kelowna is good – I plan on going for a shopping trip soon – either that or Spokane.

Gini – congratulations on the video shoots. Good on you!

NSV – ordered a wonderful dress online, love it totally but it has to go back – YAYAYAAYAY – it’s size 12 and too big. I hope they have it in a ten.

Still bouncing around a couple of pounds, up down, up down. Plateauing again.

Hope everyone has a great evening and talk to you all tomorrow. I love reading everyone’s posts – you are all positive and inspirational. I really feel like we are all in this together.

Night all….
    Lila
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good Evening,

Today was really long but good. It's Tuesday so that is volunteer day again so lots of walking, folding etc All good. Than my afternoon group we went and did our value shopping. I am all walk out. My head is hurting so taking a couple of asprins and going to bed. So sorry all short. I have read all of the posts. So encouraging all of you and inspiring.

I will reply tomorrow.

wishing everyone a good night
    Liz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Jake is home :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: we are all very happy :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: He walked the dogs and cooked supper :bigsmile: :bigsmile: then the two of us went for a walk because his goal was 19,000 steps and he needed to walk more :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have decided that the only way to keep up with all your news is to log on morning and night. :happy:

Besides that, it’s just gone 8:15 and I finally finished the kitchen and laundry chores. It was non-stop from the time I walked in the door at 5 p.m. :grumble: I need to sit down and relax with my virtual friends.

After supperI went into J’boy’s room to give him his laundry to put away and I opened the closet door :tongue: Oh brother. No wonder he never has any clean clothes – he’s only been washing the ones that are on the floor in the main part of his room! :noway: That closet (and it’s a big one) was darn near knee deep in dirty clothes! We did a bit of a sort (what fits and what doesn’t) and I even found two pairs of brand new undershorts that some how missed the shelf and ended up in the discard pile. What a kid! What a boy. What a 15 year old. Do I need to say the washing machine is running now?

Linda! To the gym at 9:15 at night? That’s dedication.:drinker: Great to have your girl to go with you too.

Amanda, I hope your weekend goes well. Have you decided what to wear to the wedding?

DeeDee, was it a glamorous hair cut? I hope so.

Go Cathy, take that pool by a storm and splash your way through! :drinker:

Gini, what fun you got a contract and directing videos. What kind of videos? Will my students be watching your work on Much Music? :happy: You and Eileen have given me the courage to try a Zumba class…I think there’s a drop in beginner class at the Rec Center tomorrow evening. Ohhhh…what do I wear?

Kathy, did it feel good in the end to be organized – all that tossing and donating?

Jane, I had a lovely day today, thank you for asking. I hope you did too. :flowerforyou: School was fun, I had a good workout and made a good supper for the boys, and I got J’Boy’s closet floor cleared of laundry. What more could a teacher/mum ask for?

Not only did I make it to the gym for 40 minutes of aerobic workout (it’s the day between weights) but I ran…yes, I RAN, most of the 2K circuit my students do every morning. I did it in 13 minutes by alternating minutes of running & fast walking. Tomorrow I’ll try to convince some of the more reluctant ones to join me – we’ll to 20 seconds run/40 seconds walk because a few of them are really out of shape.

Oh, Polly I am right with you on the glasses. :love: Gotta wear them, gotta love them! 30 days to make a habit – you will have water drinking nailed by the end of the month. :drinker:

How are the taxes going, Meg?

Lila, I know it’s frustrating to have to return a mail order dress, but YEAH! For the smaller size! :happy:

Barbie, all your smiles are making me smile. :happy: :happy: So glad Jake is home.

Nancy

September goals:
    No bedtime snacks, no second helpings!
    Get the routine chores done – no procrastination!
    24 hours of exercise in the month. Total to date: 7.43 hours
    Be a role model of healthy living for my students.

PS I had second helpings at supper tonight but it was grilled cauliflower. I figured it couldn’t do too much damage. :ohwell:
  • glendalight
    glendalight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well, due to the wildfires and evacuations here last night, the citizenship class that I was to start teaching was cancelled last night! An unexpected free evening, but filled with lots of tension and excitement checking news updates. All is under control now; they are monitering hotspots.

Linda and Cathy - you both made me giggle! the image of heading off from the pool to the car in bathrobes was too funny! It might not work for much longer here in the northern climes once winter hits! :ohwell: and if you figure out how to log "getting dry clothes on to a wet body" as exercise, let me know - I am all for it!!:laugh: Glad I am not the only one who dislikes the drying/dressing process after the swim!

And Linda - 9;15 pm at the gymn? you are a noble woman. I am settling in by then!

Nancy - have a great trip to Kelowna, and a wonderful birthday celebration. I loved the line - Plan what you eat and eat what you plan. It went into my journal.

Lila - what a great victory - oh to be able to return a dress because it is too big! Good for you!

I had lunch with my daughter and three year old grandson - his choice of venue, so off we went to Wendy's. Discovered they have a good salad menu and the option of half sizes with good calorie counts. It was a good lunch, although the park was chilly and I hadn't brought a jacket (thought we were eating inside) I even donned a jacket when I got home and went for a 20 minute walk. I think I was starting to limp a bit by the time I was done so that might be my limit for now.

I am going to try to head back to the pool tomorrow morning (should I take my bathrobe?) - see how you all inspire me!:flowerforyou:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    miss a few days and the pages double! caught up thru pg 11, but nowhere close to pg 18 so this is just a
    BUMP

Like the weekend was. Crabby, acting like a spoiled 3yr old, just feelin' bad and not able to stop. Dance class last night turned the tide, feel so much better tonight.

If I forget to tell the story, just ask me if I've found my fork yet... ;)

Good evening lovelies!
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Micki, I get those terrible cramps on my inner thigh. They are the worst. I break out in a sweat and almost pass out they are so bad. I usually get them in my left leg, but I got one in my r inner thigh and it was worse than natural childbirth .:explode: :explode: :sad: :sad:

Glendalight- I want to find a suit like they wear in the Olympic swimming. A one piece that is like a body suit to the knees. I looked them up on line but they were over $200.00. Way to expensive with my shrinking body! Imagine trying to get out of this at the gym! Lol now that would be a sight to behold! I think the bathrobe is a much easier idea and just shower at home! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Nancy, I have such awful work hours that I went after work, because I wasn’t able to fit the gym earlier. I have worked PM’s my entire nursing career, so I usually don’t go to bed until late!!! My September goal was to be in bed by 10:00pm, but this has not happened yet!! Wow , great that you were able to run! Awesome that will really burn the calories! I am going to wish you a early Happy Birthday today, as I don’t know if I will get to post on Friday! I hope you have an awesome day to celebrate YOU! :smile: :wink:

Barbie, oh what a lovely day! Must be so nice to have your Jake home! He sounds like a wonderful man! :bigsmile:

Amanda. You might just have some fun at the cabaret! Show us a picture of the new hair cut! I bet it looks lovely! So, nice that you can get all that walking in! Looking forward to hearing about the Hen party! :blushing: :blushing: :laugh: :laugh:

Tigress- what is an air cooker? I am wondering if this is something that I have seen on T.V? Hope you had a nice dinner with your mother! :wink:

DeeDee, every two weeks to the hair dresser? Are you getting your bangs trimmed or a haircut? The hair dressers here are so expensive that I could not afford to go every 2 weeks! :smile: :smile:

Cathy, I know exactly what you mean about being large and trying to get out of a wet bathing suit on a little tiny gym bench. Add knees that don’t bend and you have a comedy that should be on Broadway! :laugh: :laugh:

Goddessamy- nice goal of doing something nice for another person in addition to your weight loss goals! :drinker: :drinker:

Laura80111- maybe all of our lost posts will show up one day. There seems to be some glitches in this site. One day all of my recent foods were gone. Thank goodness they came back! Lol :laugh: :laugh:

Gini- congrats on the contract work! I am doing the happy dance for you too!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Kathy, hope your knees and feet are feeling better. Must be a good feeling to finally be done with the garage! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Jane- hope you are feeling better and the PT is helping, It feels good to bake and give it away. Good for you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Polly- love the story about your frozen berries! Procrastination at its finest! Nice that your DH cooks for you, even if it was awful! My DH is a great cook, but never cooks!! :laugh: :laugh: :happy:

Meg, it is amazing how many long shifts we used to work and now it just kills us. I am doing 4 hour shifts and I could not stand to do any longer than that! I am also sitting, so I can’t even imagine all the standing and walking that you do! Remember you can get exercise credit for standing on MFP! Lol. I think you need to get your local congressman involved in helping you with your tax issue. You should have seen how quick the Social Security dept jumped when I got the help from my congressman. I am going to call the IRS tomorrow and see what game they are playing now. Also, the IRS has tax advocates that are available to help you. Look on the local IRS website and it will tell you where they are available to help you in your area. My picture is from about 13-15 years ago. I don’t have any fat ,old pictures of my self that I would post. I guess I need to in that this will help with the acceptance of how big I am! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :wink:

Janie- hoping that your PT will be just what you need. Yes, we do need to be kinder to ourselves when we mess up. This site helps keeps me grounded. We all mess up from time to time, but just getting right back on track is the key. We can all do this together! :wink: :wink:

Eileen, congrats on the 48lb weight loss. Do you like that fitbit thing? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lila, oh your walk in the forest sounds so lovely and congrats on the NSV, how good that must have made you feel for it to be too BIG!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Liz, praying that you will feel better in the morning! :yawn: :yawn: :wink: :wink:

Auntiebk, like your comparison of how you felt, and glad that you were able to turn it around with dancing! Sometimes I think it is those hormones messing with us again!
    Have you found your fork yet? :noway: :noway:

Ok, so I bought the lowest calorie Halloween candy I could find, you know the mini bars. So, yesterday I did really well and was able to control myself. Last night I started my menses. Can you believe at 55 I am still doing this! Must be because of all the pheromones in my house with teenage girls! :noway: :noway: :explode: :explode: :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad:
    Today , I did well with the candy, but this evening I walked out on my 15 min work break and my daughter had frosted brownies out, so I had to pick at them. Then I had to eat some more of the look bars. Ok so , I felt out of control. So, I stopped , sat down and started reading the posts and now I feel grounded again, period or no period the sweets have to stop. I am going to carry over 200 calories to tomorrow. I was not able to go the gym today, so I will go to the gym and burn that sugar out of my body!! No, the devil didn’t make me do it, I did it!!! So, 200 cals less tomorrow.!! :happy: :happy:

Time to try to get in bed before midnight!!! Its hard to change my time clock after 33 years of working evening shift! :yawn: :yawn:

Can anyone recommend a good online tutoring program for algebra and geometry that is teenage girl friendly? It would also be good if I could refresh my old algebra skills form long ago! :ohwell: :ohwell:

Welcome to all the new ladies! You found the right place! :heart: :drinker: :drinker:

Sweet dreams and here’s to another day to take good care of US! :heart: :drinker: :drinker:

Hugs, Linda
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Sundance- There are a lot of websites for math. Mathbits.com was set up by retired math teachers- much of the content is free. Mathforum.com, AAAmath.com, Purplemath.com, Khan Academy has video lessons on topics in math and science. Just do a search on the topic she is covering and you can find all kinds of videos on youtube or teachertube. Hope you can find one that helps.

I love your posts. You are so good about responding to everyone.

Deb A
  • etremoi53
    etremoi53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a teacher, over 50. My goals are to log full days, every day and stay within my calorie goal. I am going to start small and have a goal of losing another 10 pounds and keeping it off. I need to lose a lot more but right now, just getting the ball rolling would be a good start. Another goal is to get my blood pressure out of the borderline range and exercise regularly every week 5 times a week, at least 30 minutes of cardio.
  • bigpal
    bigpal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    glad jakes home nothing like spending time with those you love and to get to walk with them too is a added bonus
  • bigpal
    bigpal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hope this finds everyone doing well i have leg and feet cramps alot any more too :sad: little steps are better than no steps its a life change not a quick fix some of the girls at work wants a quick fix and tried to get me to do it with them i said no thanks your only hurtin your self in the long run ill keep doing what iam welll sunday will make 34 ive been married to my husband seem a life time but i love him more today than i ever did :bigsmile: goals move more eat healthy and help someone on their road to a new them
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the newbies:flowerforyou: , come in often and chat!!!

Nancy:flowerforyou: Happy Birthday early:flowerforyou: , black forest cake sounds so good!!! My haircut wasn't really glamorous, however it did make me feel that way:laugh: .

Gini:smile: congrats on getting the job:flowerforyou: !!!!!!

Meg:smile: cranky spirits:laugh: , I love it, I have a GPS that came installed with my car, the one time I used it, I was trying to find easier directions to a university, it told me it didn't exist:huh: !!! I don't have a clue about the pedometer either, I thought I would ask at one of the fitness stores around here what they suggest.

Barbie:smile: Yay, a man that cooks for you:love: !!!!

Barbara:smile: have you found your fork????

LindaSundanceB:smile: I get my hair trimmed every 4 weeks, color touch up every 2 weeks:blushing: . My hair is blonde and when those pesky grays start showing in my part and around the sides it drives me crazy, I know it's a bit excessive:embarassed: , but I've been doing it for years!!! I guess it comes from me wearing that tiara quite a bit:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

I have an eye Dr. appt. this morning, it's been about 3 years, so it's time. I'm ready for new glasses too, I wore contacts for years, then one day my eyes decided they didn't like them anymore, I kept trying the bifocal lens and they just didn't work for me:angry: . I finally got used to myself with my glasses on and now I like them better than without.
    I am feeling much better now Meg, very perky and quite sassy too:smokin: . Finally I'm feeling normal!!!!!!

Sorry for everyone I missed, I'm in a crunch this morning, got to go get my shower and get to my appt.

Have a most fabulous day all you awesome women!!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV: pulling a bright red dress from the back of the closet and having it fit for the first time in years. Today's not-so-NSV: realizing that even with the shoulder pads removed it's over 20 years out of date. Today's because I'm over 50 and don't care pfffthpt victory: wearing it anyway, and adding matching shoes. Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Nancy

Happy Wednesday! :flowerforyou: :happy:

Yesterday I ran the 2K fitness route at school for me – and made it in 13 minutes. :drinker: Today I wil go back to being a teacher and go with the slowest girls. I’m trying to get them to at least move fast enough to raise their heartbeats above resting rate.

These girls are what I was at 12 – slightly overweight and mightily self-conscious about their size and shape. :cry: Any kind of physical demand causes them huge anxiety. I do my best to stay away from situations where they feel that other students are watching or judging them, so no “captains picking teams and I always get picked last” kind of scenarios. I’ve tried telling them it’s an individual thing, it’s blah, blah blah and nothing seems to inspire them to get moving. :grumble: Does anyone have suggestions for ways I might help them develop a more positive (and active!) self-image? I really want to help them now, so they are not struggling with weight and bodyimage for the next 40 years!

Glenda – Wildfires! Yikes, I remember being evacuated from our place north of Fort Nelson. It was back in the old days and I could fit everything I owned in an old fashioned VW beetle. :laugh:

I will remember the Wendy’s option when we are in the city this weekend, I suspect the driving (5 hours Friday, home again on Sunday) will result in some fast food stops. Dairy Queen salads aren’t bad either, if you skip the dressing.

Auntiebk, isn’t it amazing how exercise – dance class – can turn the tide on a crabby day? :flowerforyou: Glad you went, and glad you are feeling better now. Have you found your fork yet?

Linda, i cramps that are worse than natural childbirth? :explode: Yikes. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Wow, you sound so strong and determined in your post about candy and control. It’s inspiring. Maybe give the candy to your DD and tell her to hide it somewhere?

UTube has excellent tutorials for algebra and geometry at all skill levels. I use them in my classroom all the time because the little sweethearts would really rather watch TV than listen to me!

Bigpal, Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! :flowerforyou:

DeeDee, stay perky :bigsmile: & have a super day.

Congratulations Lentigogirl - you look fantastic in red! :drinker:

All our lost posts, floating out there in cyberspace. I will suggest this to my DD, the author, as a theme for a sci-fi short story!

Hasta pronto,

Nancy

September goals:
    No bedtime snacks, no second helpings!
    Get the routine chores done – no procrastination!
    24 hours of exercise in the month. Total to date: 7.43 hours
    Be a role model of healthy living for my students.