Replies

• Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    marking my spot
  • cherisuzanne
    cherisuzanne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 56, 5'5" and 225 lbs and starting on ANOTHER quest to lose weight. I am hoping to get to know some of you ladies and share together our ups and downs.
  • cherisuzanne
    cherisuzanne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am new here(3 days) and in fact just posted for the first time. I was reading a few posts and had to comment on wessecg. What a difference. You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, :smile:

Hoping everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Today will be our normal day Church, pot roast in the crockpot (another beef day tomorrow I better make sure its chicken or turkey) , football, but with Friday and Saturday being so busy and entertaining both days I am looking forward to a low-key day. Gaves me a chance to catch up on my reading etc. :smile:

Of course planning on going for a walk Bella will make sure of that. Maybe I can talk DH to join us, maybe if i work itin before or between games. :wink:

@Wessecg--great photos you are looking good. :smile:

@Dee -what a bummer about your day yesterday the fridge and the rain. I am sure your granddaughter still enjoyed her time with you. --you make me laugh everytime you post about holding court. :laugh:

@Amanda-- Tomorrow Monday will be my cooking day-- I am off on Mondays and I use part of that day to get us ready for the work week. I use to freeze meals all of the time like that but took a break during the summer last week I start up again. But I can tell I got out of practice took longer than it should have and didn't use them like I should have. :ohwell: So this Monday going to add to them and rest of week use them .:grumble:

@Kate -- I love your story about the fabric. I can so relate. I still have fabric i keep i love to quilt .

@vic sorry to hear about all the rain on your vacation. But at least you were still able to get out.

Lovely Ladies wishing you all a good day. I will be back in at the end of the day to catch up on all of your posts. *:flowerforyou: I do enjoy reading them. It helps a lot more than i can actually put into words. :flowerforyou:

But I need to get moving if i don't I will make us late.

Liz :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I have been back from vacation for 2 weeks and it seems I've barely had time for anything, never mind logging and reading/posting on MFP! Just taking a moment now to post, while grandbaby is taking a nap. We had him overnight (1st time) and it went splended. Of course, morning came at 5 AM! omg. I have the feeling it's already past lunch!

:flowerforyou: I see so many new names and stories. Welcome and I wish you all much success!!:flowerforyou:

ttyl
    :heart: :heart: Rebel:heart::heart:
  • 4thoseiluv
    4thoseiluv Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to all!

I've been lurking on this group since June, so I think it's high time I jumped in and joined the discussions!

Lila, you sound like you're definitely well into the fall cleanup mode. I'm not crazy about doing the outside work, but feel great after I've done a good purge of my closets and drawers. Some of the things I pull out makes me shake my head about why I'm keeping them or even bought them in the first place! I love to sew but doing alterations to garments is way too frustrating for me. Congrats on being down 2 sizes!!

Gail, you really got your workout yesterday ~ you must have been exhausted. Doing that heavy manual labor can really do a number on our bodies, so we need to remember to be careful and not overdo it. Hope the ibuprofen and heating pad worked.

We don't plan on doing any new landscaping in the next two years because we are planning to move to BC when DH retires. We'll just try to keep up with the 'upkeep'! It's a mature yard filled with trees and perennials, so it's doable. The lot is pie-shaped so lots of lawn cutting for DH and he's getting tired of spending a good part of a day doing the mowing and edging. With winter on its way, there'll be lots of shoveling as well. We really need to downsize!

Wessecg, first of all ~ what a beautiful horse! Is it yours or do you just ride? Secondly, your before and after photos really do tell the story of your positive weight loss ~ congrats!

Michele, your post brought back memories of me savoring the sweet dough when my Baba was making Easter paska! Those habits are likely what got me here in the first place. I've always had an intense sweet tooth, but since I've had to lower my sodium intake to 1500 mg, the sugar cravings have totally disappeared. I was curious to see if there was a connection so I googled it, and there was ~ just can't remember the explanation.

Kathy, I could never allow myself a 'free' eating day ~ I have absolutely NO self-control and wouldn't trust myself not to eat us out of house and home!

Viv, welcome back and kudos on not gaining any weight while you were away! That's a tough feat at the best of times. Two years ago, we went to the Mayan Riviera for two weeks and I came back 11 lbs heavier. This year when we went, I tried to learn from my 'mistakes' , but still came back 7 lbs heavier. The vacation weight is gone now, but by the end of our trip I was getting really uncomfortable in my clothes (especially shorts!!).

DeeDee, sorry to hear about your breakfast woes! So frustrating when you have to replace good food. As for the weight loss, 1.3 lbs is still a loss and SO much better than going the other way! Those lost inches tell the true story ~ are you an avid exerciser?

Amanda, when I was in the hospital after my initial diagnosis of CHF, I was in for 7 days, so your cousin being discharged so soon after such major surgery is incredible!

Cherisuzanne, welcome to the group!

Liz, enjoy your peaceful day ~ I can smell that roast cooking all the way over here!

Rebel, such fun to have your babe spend the night! The early wake-up probably brings back old memories...

As for me, my DH's been battling a nasty cold bug and it always goes into his chest, most likely because he also suffers with asthma. He's had it for almost a week now and he's been taking cold meds which are helping. We have our first play of the season (A Few Good Men) this afternoon and thankfully, his coughing fits seem to have subsided. I wanted him to reschedule but he insists that he'll be fine. Of course, if he gets a coughing spell during the performance, he'll be sitting in the lobby until the play is over! I guess I should suggest that he bring along his iPad (just in case)... :wink:

YIKES ~ first post and I write a book!!! Embrace the day, girls...

Deborah:flowerforyou:
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who said I look good!! And yes Deborah, that is my horse - he's only 4 and I've had him since he was 10 months old. I think he's lovely too!
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone -

I haven't read through the posts so will have to catch up with everyone later - just wanted to say goodbye to September and I hope you all enjoy the rest of our Indian Summer :). It's gorgeous here today, a nice break after the coolness that wrecked my gardening plans yesterday. My husband and I slept in (it's my rest day from exercise), then went for a walk, and then I stretched for an hour. A lovely, mellow day.

Tomorrow's weigh-in, but I already cheated and peeked: down a couple of pounds this week :). I also have a doctor's appt this week - he'll be pleasantly surprised, I think. Off to a busy but productive week - after I enjoy the rest of this weekend.

Cheers,

M.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It has been a while since posting but I'm still here and losing -- slowly.

I've been working an exercise bike and it is helping. I'm feeling much better and can get around without the pain. I was taking up to 8 Ibuprofen tabs daily and now I don't need any. I'm actually enjoying the exercise since I can do it while working on my computer, watching TV, reading and talking on the phone. Some days I'll "ride" for over 4 hours at a time. It reminds me of my early college days when I rode my bike all over campus and earlier when I road all day -- everyday -- as a kid. I remember how much I enjoyed it before getting a car.

I'm loving those who are on horseback and I think that is what I want to do a LOT more of next spring.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to all! I don't have time to respond to individual posts today and am so sorry about that. I did read them all. What a busy and productive bunch we are!

Yesterday I planted mums and finally got around to filling the bird feeders. I think the birds were plotting against me for not keeping them full....I swear they stare at me when I go out LOL

Today after church we had family day brunch at Village Inn. I mananaged to order things that fit in my plan. later I'll lift weights again and hopefully get the bike out for some toodling around!

Well, again, I'm so sorry this is too short, but wanted to check in and say hi to all. Enjoy your Sunday! Take care, Meg
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I spent a lovely girls weekend with my best friend of 44 years...we met in 1st grade...and a few of her friends ..we spent the weekend in the heart of the Adirondacks. The fall foliage was spectacular even though the weather misted and drizzled all weekend. Friday night we had an impromptu dance party...not my usual thing but had fun with it and actually learned 2 line dances...I now see the fun of that. I will be googling looking for some Dvds or maybe youtube...any suggestions? The eating and drinking does not even bear thinking about let alone actually logging:blushing: so will be starting fresh tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday all.

High fives, hugs and prayers..quite possibly the secret of life:happy:
    :heart:
    Jen
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,119 Member
    Options
    Everything that was on my deck is now tucked away in the garage until next spring. Weeds chopped down.

Wishing everyone well. See you on the October 2012 thread.

Here's to you.

Lin
    :drinker:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful time at the baby shower.Got to see my 3 grandchildren.2 I haven`t seen in awhile due to them living out of state.
    DIL looks so happy.Got some nice gifts.The only bad thing was it was a 2 hour ride 1 way.
    Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.
    HUgs
    jane
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Kathy - I really wish the US was more like Europe in their portion sizes. In Europe at least they don't give you tons and tons of food. It would also be nice if you could order a 1/2 portion and be charged 1/2 the price. Oh, they'll give you 1/2 portion, but you're going to pay full price.

Viv - I can be a big snacker when I'm at home. But I don't seem to snack as much when we're in FL. The interesting thing is that when we get back to NC, I don't snack as much (for a while)

DeeDee - that's so frustrating when you leave the refrig door open. Ours has a chime on it when you leave the door open, even just a smidge so that you can't see it. Yet, the other day there was this "frost" in the freezer, almost as if I'd left the door open a bit. Yet, I don't remember the chime going off. Well, it wasn't real bad. Nothing got rouined. You can look at it this way...you had a very good reason to throw out the food that you really didn't want....lol. Wow! 8"! That's fantastic!!!!

Did an hour of balance games on the Wii today, then made chicken for us to have during the week and some to put in the freezer. Tomorrow I'll do some yoga and then take the extremepump class.

Warm welcome to everyone new

Deborah - please tell me more about the Easter paska. A western European thing, I'm thinking??

Vince and I walked on the new concrete!!! And we didn't even need our "crummy" shoes. The red clay is NASTY stuff so I have a pair of shoes that every time I went by the pool (in the mud or whatever), I put those on. today I just carried them and when I had to go off the concrete, I put them on. But it was so nice to be able to wear decent shoes (oh, the little things). I did some crafting and Vince dug a trench. See, there's this one drain pipe that will be extended to a drain but until then, he just wanted to dig a short trench so that if it rains, the water isn't going to be around the concrete.

Jen - the Adirondacks must have been spectacular! I remember when we lived in Stroudsburg (PA) they had a hot air balloon rides the first weekend in Oct since that's when the leaves were turning. How lovely you got to spend time with your friend.

jane - glad you had such a nice time at the shower.

Well, off to watch TV, then to bed. See you all in October.

Michele
    who can't believe it!
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good time tomorrow starts another month because I feel like I need a fresh start! Didn't eat the best this weekend but I'm not going to beat myself up over it! I'm ready to get back into things full swing tomorrow and I love that I have all of you to motivate and support me!:heart: Still working on my new goals and have to evaluate myself on how I did with my Sept. ones. We did get a log cabin doghouse for our little feral outside cat but I'm not sure if he's going to use it. Other than that, pretty uneventful weekend, but sometimes that's a good thing!

Lin- Good for you! Sounds like you got a lot accomplished this weekend!:drinker:

See you all tomorrow!

Kathy
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    kathyszoo - Yes, I do look younger than 53 in that picture - why do you think I chose that picture!!! Seriously, I could post some where you would think, "She's only 53??"
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am back from the retreat where I ate too much of the healthy food and snacks, walked a lot, and got a huge burst of spiritual energy and wonderful uplifting experiences of being with friends.

I have not had time to read any of the posts......my friend from California who came for the retreat has come home with me for a few days so I will be busy......she loves to walk so I'll be active.

:flowerforyou: I'll be back soon with the link to the new thread for October

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

Resolutions for October
    *yoga once a week
    *walk with hubby three times a week
    *say “OK”---be agreeable
    *stay in the moment
    *Be Barbie
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Another beautiful early autumn day – sunny and just right for walking the dogs. :glasses: Took them along the abandoned railway track and laughed watching them get startled by all the grasshoppers flying up in front of them. Their coats were full of seeds and burrs at the end though so we had to do some grooming too. That was a good thing because they’ve started to blow their coats already and I really don’t need all that hair blowing around the house – thank fortune for “The Furminator”. :bigsmile:

Wessecg – absolutely amazing – what a great change!!!!! YAY for you.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee - 8 inches is really great. Good going. You must be turning it into muscle.:flowerforyou:

CheriSuzanne – welcome, come on back and visit us. We’re a friendly and supportive bunch.

Deborah – nice to meet you. Where in BC are you planning on retiring to? And where are you now? Oh wow, Easter Paska – are you Mennonite?? My MIL (bless her soul) used to make us Paska every Easter. My daughters now make it in memory of her and the wonderful woman she was. :heart: (And a whole lot of other baking too).

Barbie – your retreat sounded great and enjoy your visit with your friend. We’ll still be here when you post again.

I’m still working on the wardrobe – I cannot believe how many clothes I have (or had that is). Tops and sweaters can be quite forgiving, but blazers and suits and pants – not so much. I’m heading off to the coast and Vancouver Island come Thursday so hopefully I will be able to pick up a few things.

This is going to be a really short post (Upstairs Downstairs has returned to PBS and I’m looking forward to it – I loved it in the 70s/80s?)

Bye for now,
    Have a good evening and chug chug chug that water.
    Lila
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am headed for bed so I can get up early.

Here is the link to the new thread for October......I am looking forward to turning the page on the calendar and having a clean slate for my new resolutions. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/756084-women-ages-50-for-october-2012