Thigh Gaps

Options

Replies

• KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You know, I may end up with a gap, because I have wide hips, and I may not, because even when I was my ideal weight, I had meaty thighs. I'm okay with that either way. I don't need a gap. I just want to look my very best.
  • mimigyal
    mimigyal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You know, I may end up with a gap, because I have wide hips, and I may not, because even when I was my ideal weight, I had meaty thighs. I'm okay with that either way. I don't need a gap. I just want to look my very best.
    & that's fine
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It seems like ppl are getting offended over this post, I thght it just met if u hve one GREAT, id u dnt hve one GREAT ALSO. If u aren't GENETICALLY built to have one, then that you should stop trying to force your body to have one.

I totally agree with this and myself have wondered what is wrong with my thighs why can't I have a thigh gap...so I am happy to read this and remind myself that we are all created unique and shouldn't try to force our bodies into something it was never meant to be.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good point!
    My thighs are nearly 22 inches around, and they still have somewhat of a gap. Before, at a healthy 120 lbs, I had one. And it's because I have wide hips... Not because I'm "skinny".
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I don't even have a tumblr account but searched for the tag to check. Lots of young girls obsessing over it:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/thighgap

Omg, what did I just read? Investigating that link made me so sad.

Really depressing. Not what I needed to be reading tonight :(.

Wow..
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Gurlzz having da thigh gap don't make u any less pretty. You betta work da thigh gap. Same for da girlz wit no thigh gap. Work dos no gapped thigh like yo life depended on it
    tumblr_m06v98OwDS1qh2fws.gif

L M A O!!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I always have one too, even when I am chunky. I just have hourglass shape (hips) so I think that's why. Plus when I gain weight, I gain it in my middle/boobs/upper arms and not my legs.
  • janey1306
    Options
    I don't know why it's such a big thing to have a gap between your thighs anyway! My sister has one and I've always thought it look kinda nasty! I know I will never have it because I have big thighs! So what's the big hoop

I agree, i think the second model looks much better, the first model does look good, but i dont think her thigh gap is that big. Women with more extreme thigh gaps in my opinion look awful and id hate to have one
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    I had never seen so much hype on thigh gaps until I came here.. its realy crazy that above all, thats your goal... not to be healthy or have solid thighs but to actually make a gap thats virtually impossible for most.. THAT ****S CRAZY lol..
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't even have a tumblr account but searched for the tag to check. Lots of young girls obsessing over it:

That's horrible!
  • marvelscale
    Options

Omg, what did I just read? Investigating that link made me so sad.

Followed the link. Wow... that's sick.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    But I'm not sure if that really counts as a thigh gap, because I think it means there's a gap even when you're feet are together.

Yeah, it's only a thigh gap if the feet are together at the time. (According to the powers that be at tumblr - i.e. bored 13 year old girls.)

Really? I thought it was your legs were shoulder width apart. Either way, I'm not terribly concerned.
    Yus! I just achieved thigh gap!
    Really though I'm a healthy weight, but thighs touch, but don't chafe, so hopefully for those with that problem it will go away with weight loss.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, due to my former ED, the Thigh Gap was always my goal. Even as a professional ballerina -- weighing in at 100-105 lbs at the time -- I was never able to obtain the Thigh Gap.

I'm also blessed because my husband tells me how unattractive that is and that most men really don't find that attractive at all. Apparently, and this is new to me... men like a bit of meat! ;-)

Wow, body shaming? I'm not surprised from someone who gender-biases friend requests on their profile... sheesh.

Just needed to say that this is a bizarre comment. :huh: There is no body-shaming in the first quote. And why is it any of your business if she only wants female friends? Sheesh back at ya. :huh: :huh:

Thank you, thistimeismytime :) I think she was just trolling me anyway.

lol--I just call 'em like I see 'em! :bigsmile:

Nope, not trolling. Not bizarre, either. Sorry you can't take a moment to comprehend what I said. She genders her friend requests (which itself is bizarre) and then comments, "Men don't like thigh gaps, they like meat on them ;)" That is body shaming. Women that ARE naturally thin, that lack curves, that do have thigh gaps, etc. are effected by those comments. That is body shaming, and she specifically linked it to attractiveness levels to men (heteronormative) and then on TOP of the weird friend limiting (which is specifically "no guys!"). This strikes me as someone that views a world in a highly cisgendered way, which is not necessarily a good thing.

If that's too much for you to understand, please look up what "body shaming" is, and stop being a negative in the MFP community.

It's bizarre to me how people are told things they don't want to hear, or are met with someone calling them out on ignorant comments, and they instantly think, "Oh, it's just a troll. I won't try to think about what I'm saying!"
    Mother of everything, I thought I would never encounter the term "cis" if I wasn't on Tumblr. Fawk. Please, no, just stop. No "cis", no "heteronormative", none of that. The person was referring to a discussion with her husband. She worded it a bit poorly, I do think, in generalizing that "men" like this or that. And in terms of her policy regarding the gender of her friends, she's perfectly fine to do that. It doesn't mean she's sexist or hates men or any other such immature thing you could maybe gather from that, it means that there's some reason she prefers only female friends, and until you know that reason, you are in no position to judge.

Stop.
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i just want to be able to wear skirts without getting a huge sweat rash on my thighs. i've tried deodorant, powder, stockings. the only thing that stops it is spanx.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well I am one with a thigh gap when I am in proper weight range but cursed with a little roll of fat around my knees that make me look like the proverbial knock kneed hen. Remember, the perfect body is a social creation. :happy:

I apparently have fat behind my knees even when at a healthy bmi. My sister once told me I needed to lose weight to get rid of it:-/
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    The girl with the bloody cuts in the link.... Ugh I almost got sick seeing that's. So sad that these girls hate themselves :(
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have a thigh gap...always have. Even at my heaviest I have had one...it's all in the hips for me! I'm also bow legged, so that makes it look more pronounced. I got teased for it when I was a young teen...like others have posted, people thought you were "loose." Honestly it wasn't very fun when I was 14! It's just how I am built. I don't like hearing from other women that it is "nasty" because it is a part of who I am, and was never achieved through starvation or poor diet. I agree though, that a lot of younger girls and women strive for it (at all costs sometimes) in order to feel pretty or "perfect." which saddens me...love yourself, love your body...but please don't make rude comments, you never know who you will offend!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Mother of everything, I thought I would never encounter the term "cis" if I wasn't on Tumblr. Fawk. Please, no, just stop. No "cis", no "heteronormative", none of that. The person was referring to a discussion with her husband. She worded it a bit poorly, I do think, in generalizing that "men" like this or that. And in terms of her policy regarding the gender of her friends, she's perfectly fine to do that. It doesn't mean she's sexist or hates men or any other such immature thing you could maybe gather from that, it means that there's some reason she prefers only female friends, and until you know that reason, you are in no position to judge.

Stop.

*hugs* Thanks for understanding my POV, poorly worded and all. Next time, I understand, I must word things as if walking on eggshells in case another person as such is nearby.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    But does no thigh gap mean I'll always have to wear shorts under dresses to stop them from rubbing?

No, when I was bigger my thighs rubbed like crazy and it hurt. When I started losing weight and my thighs got smaller, but were still touching, it didn't hurt at all anymore. Im a bit pear shaped so my thighs were massive and really pushing into each other which is what hurt
  • GaryRussell123456
    Options
    Here's a comic joking about the thigh gap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDsdNjhE0Y8