For you diet soda drinkers out there...

Options

Replies

• nataliexxxx
    Options
    Diet soda is not worse than regular soda it contains about 2 calories a drink and has no sugar, ive been drinking diet soda since I started losing weight
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I tried cutting out my diet pepsi a lot over my 24 years of life, but the longest being a week. Within that week, i was lethargic, sleeping all the time, couldn't focus, got severe headaches, and the worst, not being able to poop. Now, here is the thing: i got addicted when I was young because I was a colicky baby, and no amount of medicine ever helped. So, my mom diluted down some diet pepsi, put it into my bottle and lord and behold gas be gone!!!!!

I still drink it, not as much, but i still do drink it, and probably will for the rest of my life. But, it hasn't hindered my weight loss, and i have learned to not eat everytime i drink one :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah

tell that to my abs.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I believe anything artificial is most likely bad for you.. but if drank/eaten in moderation I don't see the harm. I avoid drinking/eating anything with aspartame in it just because the taste is way too sweet for me. I used to drink pepsi every day... 12pk/week or more. I quit drinking soda last November and I've lost about 20lbs (not all from stopping the soda) but I'm sure it made a huge impact. I wanted to switch to diet sodas because the one thing I LOVED about soda was the carbonation. It had nothing to do with the caffeine because my coffee fills that void. I love soda even more in summer when its super hot its refreshing. If anyone here feels the same that they really love the carbonation, what I do to give myself what I call a "healthy soda" is mix sparkling water (I usually go with Ice Mountain sparkling lemon/lime) and mix it half/half with a 100% fruit juice of your choice. It's still calories but it offers more than regular soda (empty calories) or diet sodas.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah

tell that to my abs.

Lol :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I drink diet ginger ale ....a few a week. I have NO problem losing weight.

same here. i also add rum and muddled limes to it sometimes :laugh:

OMG, that sounds soooooo good! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet soda not because I'm afraid of the calories or the effect on weight gain. I don't drink diet sodas because I can't stand the taste.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Nectar of the gods . I can't quit it's my only vice I have left ! :)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Since coffee makes me poop, I drink soda instead. I don't play nice without some form of caffeine.
  • SanjiSun
    SanjiSun Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet soda not because I'm afraid of the calories or the effect on weight gain. I don't drink diet sodas because I can't stand the taste.

exactly that :D
    Also, I never was a big soda drinker anyway. I just drink sparkling water all the time. If I crave for something sweet I just add a lil bit of juice to it.

I read somewhere, that diet soda will actually still cause a spike in blood glucose , leading to more insulin release and more of the calories you eat with the soda to go straight to your love handles.

Not sure if that is true, but I will someday give it a test, and measure the blood glucose spike of diet soda :D
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Lies, all lies!
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have about half a can a day. Won't give it up. I get my after-dinner sweet tooth fix from it.. prevents me from going on a dessert binge, which *will* make me gain weight :)

Aspartame is bad for you, Splenda is bad for you, Stevia is bad for you, fructose is bad for you, corn syrup is bad for you, table sugar is bad for you.. what are we supposed to do, never eat anything sweet ever again? Gimme a break. Moderation, folks..
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to have someone explain to me how a zero-calorie (or virtually so) substance causes your body to "create fat". The body creates/stores fat from caloric/nutrient intake in excess of what can be metabolized. This is broscience and scare-mongering at its worst.

Word. The only way you it can aid you in "creating fat" is if you tell the clown face, "I'll have two McDoubles, a large fry, chocolate fudge sundae, an apple pie, and a small Diet Coke to erase everything."
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Word. The only way you it can aid you in "creating fat" is if you tell the clown face, "I'll have two McDoubles, a large fry, chocolate fudge sundae, an apple pie, and a small Diet Coke to erase everything."
    Exaaaactly! :bigsmile:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    yeah yucko... im so glad I dont drink soda hardly ever!!!!!!!! like once a week.. and usually always regular..
    and if i do have some/diet its a small cup to go tasty w/pizza or something.. (very rare)
    i def agree .. water is the way to go.. fake sugars are horrible for your body... and this journey is not just about weight/calories.. but its about HEALTH too...
    im so so so glad im not addicted to sodas... a lot of peeps are.. and the peeps that are MORE addicted are the one's who have diet vs reg!! :noway:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Water. 0 calories. 1 1/2 gallons a day.

Keep being awesome.

Yeah, this!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Drinking a diet soda as I read this.

Can't believe I actually read this.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    not this unscientific crap again
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is worse for you than regular soda.

no.
    Anyone wanting a healthy life style shouldn't drink any sodas.

nope.
    If you must, at least stay away from the fake sugar.

nuh uh.
    The aspartame used in diet sodas also causes vitamins to be leached from your bodies

no. again.
    ... and it is also highly carcinogenic.

*sigh*
    Studies have found that bodies react to fake sugar in the same way as real sugar. It might not have as many calories but your body still creates fat in response.

good Lord.
    I'm posting this for my mom and aunts who are diet coke addicts.

oh, the horror!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is worse for you than regular soda.

no.
    Anyone wanting a healthy life style shouldn't drink any sodas.

nope.
    If you must, at least stay away from the fake sugar.

nuh uh.
    The aspartame used in diet sodas also causes vitamins to be leached from your bodies

no. again.
    ... and it is also highly carcinogenic.

*sigh*
    Studies have found that bodies react to fake sugar in the same way as real sugar. It might not have as many calories but your body still creates fat in response.

good Lord.
    I'm posting this for my mom and aunts who are diet coke addicts.

oh, the horror!

+1 internet for you sir.