what would happen if i ate 1,000 calories a day

Options
123457»

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    One of the most common side effects of a very low calorie diet is gallstones. Seriously, look it up. I've had them, they're not fun. The only solution will be to get your gallbladder removed.

The next side effects will be muscle loss. You know what's a muscle? Your heart. You can permanently damage your heart by not eating enough calories.

None of these side effects are instantaneous. They take time to build up, and the effects can be felt for years or even the rest of your life...and they can shorten your life.

But the most ironic thing is that you lose weight to look good, but eating like this will make your skin dry and sallow and lusterless, and your hair lank and lifeless, so you end up not looking so good after all.
  • ShelbyS989
    ShelbyS989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eating 1,000 calories a day once in awhile won't hurt anything.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    Eating 1,000 calories a day once in awhile won't hurt anything.

Well, no kidding.

eating nothing once in a while wont hurt anything - if your weekly amount is still around the target.

You know, if you do some form of short term fasting or you have gastro and you are vomiting or something.

But nobody is talking about once in a while.
  • AudreyDaSmasha
    Options
    I know it's a little late to be answering this question however I will. Personally, I have been able to lose about 20 pounds while eating about that amount and I have maintained the weight loss, honestly our bodies are different and what works for someone else may not work for you, that being said I am also, 5'4 and a female. You are a male and generally speeaking it would serve you better to increse your calorie intake. With more calories in you have more energy to workout as well so you could easily lose that amount of weigh with dedication.
    Just my opinion.
  • AudreyDaSmasha
    Options
    Hmmm...What works for YOU may not work for someone else.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...What works for YOU may not work for someone else.

Hi there. If you use the quote button at the bottom of the post you're replying to it will make your conversations easier to follow. Right now it kind of looks like you bumped an old thread and then started arguing with yourself :flowerforyou:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I know it's a little late to be answering this question however I will.

I think two years is more than a little late. :laugh:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Zombie-Thread-Walk450.gif
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Zombie-Thread-Walk450.gif
    tumblr_mbqqggMUR71rhaohoo1_500.gif
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a different approach.
    Instead of encouraging you to do something (or not)
    I'm just going to lay put the pros and cons of your plan and YOU decide:
    Pros:
    You will lose weight faster
    You may feel more motivated by the numbers moving on the scale
    You will be in a smaller size more rapidly.
    Con's:
    You will be hungry. All.the.time.
    You may feel weak/lethargic, may not have energy to do much exercise. You will be more susceptible to illness
    You will lose a higher proportion of muscle, which will lower your resting metabolism and ultimately result in you being more likely to rapidly put the weight back on, as fat. Your body composition will worsen.
    You will not look as though you've lost as much scale weight as you have because you will have lost more muscle
    You may have dry skin, dry lackluster hair etc, because you aren't getting enough cals which would give you vital nutrients.

That was a brief rundown. I'm sure there are more cons to list. As far as pros...well...what you see is what you get. Short list there. Now you decide.