80 DAY WEIGHT LOSS QUESTION CHALLENGE! (text heavy)

Options

Replies

• minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    19. Are you losing weight the healthy (<2lbs/week) or the unhealthy (>2lbs/week) way?

Hmmmm, not sure I agree with the healthy/unhealthy definition in this question but I've never lost more than 2lbs in one week.
  • QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 196
    current weight: 177
    goal weight 120
    height: 5"2

Why do I want to lose weight?? To be healthy, fit into my old clothes and most importantly deeply want to participate in a marathon and triathlon before 25 and losing weight will be the way to be fit enough to do so.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    39. Try a new veggie today. Learn how to prepare it and enjoy! How was it?

Well.... Here's my excuse this time: I have no money. I get paid Friday an will get new fruits and veggies for the weekend.
  • QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    2. Describe dream goal/body

I want to have an athletic body(not the masculine type, just fit)
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    42. How many meals do you usually have a day?

3 biggish ones or 4 smallish ones
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    20. Who is your biggest weight loss inspiration and why?

My brother because he just got on and did it - no procrastination with menu planning and exercise charts and shopping lists and weigh-ins, no excuses to start "tomorrow" or "next week". He didn't sign up to MFP or use any other weight loss tool - he simply decided it was time to lose weight and he did it. He cut back on bad foods, cut back on booze, cut out smoking, and started exercising 5 times a week, and the weight just dropped off. It's weird to look back at photos of him and see how big he had become - he looks fantastic now, he looks younger and is fitter and healthier in his 30s than he was in his 20s. Plus he's so damn good looking! I'm soooooo proud of him.

Also a lot of people here on MFP are inspirational. I can't relate to many of their stories, but I'm always overwhelmed by what they've had to overcome to achieve their successes. It puts me to shame and I no longer allow myself any excuses - or at least, if I do make an excuse I see it for what it really is and then pull myself together.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    2. Describe your dream/goal body.

Curvy, bump and stretch-mark free. Fit and without loose flab, toned. Long, flowy hair and eyes that don't look tired! White teeth.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    3. Is your UGW in an unhealthy range of BMI?

After searching for a BMI calculator on the web I can say: my current BMI is 26.6, the BMi of my UGW is 23.4.

But I don't like the BMI as an indicator, because it calculates just height and weight and it doesn't take into account body fat vs muscle percentages.
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    1. Write your current stats: height, current weight and goal weight. Why are you losing weight?

Height: 5'5
    CW: 135
    GW: 120

I'm losing weight to feel comfortable whenever i'm shopping.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm in!

1. Height: 5'6
    CW: 205? maybe.. i don't own a scale :(
    GW: 150

I'm losing weight because I want to be healthy and live a long happy life! I want a family someday and I want to be able to have a very healthy pregnancy and set a good example for my children (..well future children) lol
  • Zexxa
    Zexxa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can this be made a sticky if it hasn't been already?
    I'm doing this on my newsfeed as well.(Blatant promotion to ADD ME)

80 Questions
    1. Write your current stats: height, current weight and goal weight. Why are you losing weight?
    Current Stats: 5'3" 186 lbs.
    Goal weight: 130lbs.
    I'm losing weight because I'm sick of feeling winded and sick of this damn belly. I've seriously been asked if I'm pregnant, since I gain weight almost solely in my belly. *sigh*
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Question 1:170cm, current weight 59kg. Goal weight- just stick at that. Heaviest I ever go to is 64kg. It slows me down running and my jeans feel uncomfy.

Question 2: my dream body is healthy and let's me do the exercise I want it to, which it does. So mine. I ran 31 miles on Sunday. I'm not going to diss it.

Question 3: my ultimate goal weight is around what I am now. About 20-21 BMI I think, so healthy.
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    Day 4. Have a vegan day today. No meat, no eggs, no dairy, no animal products whatsoever. Give it a try!

This is going to be so hard! I may have to make a vegan risotto and live on that all day haha.

This time of year just cries out for chili. How about a nice butternut chili? Yum!
  • PosiesforRosie
    PosiesforRosie Posts: 24 Member
    Options

5ft 3in, 179lbs, 140lbs, want to be healthy and get into all the clothes that dont fit anymore!
  • scheatwood
    Options
    40. What is your body frame? Small, large or medium?
    Medium? I think. I'm really not too sure.

P.s. I can't believe I've made it half way :)
  • scheatwood
    Options
    41. Where are you from? Is your country’s diet healthy or unhealthy in general?
    Texas, USA. Of course we're unhealthily, we invented it!
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    4. Have a vegan day today. No meat, no eggs, no dairy, no animal products whatsoever. Give it a try!

Oh... I probably should read that in the morning... I already had 2 eggs and some dried meat today.
    But I lived for almost 30 years as a vegetarian and not strict but often vegan, just because I preferred it.
    Now I feel like my body needs a lot of protein and also some meat. So I will cut out the vegan day today and put in one of the many vegan days I already had in my life.
    And be thankful for all the animals producing wonderful food for us!
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    43. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
    189lbs. No. Log my food honestly and try to move about more :)

44. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Does (s)he know about you losing weight? Does (s)he support you?
    Yes :) and most of the time. He sometimes forgets though which is obviously expected.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    45. Do you have a rest day when you don’t work out? Which day is it?

I'm not 'working out' at all yet, not until I start my new job and get my first wage.. then I will start going to zumba classes :)
    honestly all I do right now is walk and that's doing fine for me. I find it hard working out at home, I like classes.